Kolozzeum Forum - Sveriges största träningsforum
Gå tillbaka   Kolozzeum Forum - Sveriges största träningsforum > Träning > Träning - Vikter & Kondition

Svara

Ämnesverktyg Visningsalternativ
Gammal 2018-03-03, 08:44   #1
King Grub
Chefsarkitekt Oljebyxor

King Grubs avatar

Reg.datum: Mar 2002
Ålder för maximal prestation i ultramarathon

Citat:
The number of those participating in 100-km ultra-marathon has increased over the last years; however, we have limited knowledge about performance trends in this sport, and particularly the effect of age. The aim of the present study was to analyze the age when women and men runners achieve their peak performance considering 1- and 5-year age group intervals, and examining all or the fastest (i.e. top ten) participants in each age group. We analyzed 370,051 athletes (i.e. 44,601 women and 325,450 men) who finished a 100-km ultra-marathon between 1959 and 2016, and studied the age of peak performance using a second-order non-linear regression analysis. The age of peak performance was 40-44 years in women and 45-49 years in men when all finishers were analysed, whereas it was 30-34 years in women and 35-39 years in men when the top ten finishers were considered in 5-year age groups. When we analyzed finishers in 1-year age groups, we found the age of peak performance at 41 years in women and 45 years in men considering all finishers, and at 39 years in women and 41 years in men considering the top ten finishers. In conclusion, the age of peak performance was younger in women than in men, which might reflect the overall younger age of women participants than men. Compared to previous studies, we observed the peak performance at an age older by ∼10 years, which could be attributed to an increase of finishers' age across calendar years. Since the knowledge of the age of peak performance is unique for each sport, coaches and fitness trainers might benefit from the findings of the present study in the long-term training of their athletes.
J Strength Cond Res. 2018 Feb 27. Performance in 100-km ultra-marathoners - At which age it reaches its peak?

Angående PM-rådgivning!
King Grub är inte uppkopplad   Svara med citat
Gammal 2018-03-15, 12:10   #2
King Grub
Chefsarkitekt Oljebyxor

King Grubs avatar

Reg.datum: Mar 2002
Citat:
PURPOSE:

Despite the increasing popularity of 50-km ultramarathons during the last few years, only limited information is available regarding the trends in its performance and participation. The aim of the present study was to examine the age of peak running performance in female and male 50-km ultramarathoners using second-order nonlinear regression analyses.

METHODS:

Data from 494,414 runners (124,045 women and 370,369 men) who finished a 50-km ultramarathon between 1975 to 2016 were analyzed.

RESULTS:

When the top ten finishers in 1-year age-groups were analyzed, the age of peak running speed was 41 years in both women and men. When the fastest finishers in 1-year age-group intervals were analyzed, the age of peak running speed was 40 years in women and 39 years in men.

CONCLUSION:

In summary, the age of peak running speed in 50-km ultramarathoners is older than what has been reported by previous studies for marathons. Women seem to achieve the best race time in a 50-km ultramarathon later in life compared with men. These findings are of great practical value for coaches and fitness trainers when setting performance goals for 50-km ultramarathon runners.
Open Access J Sports Med. 2018 Mar 1;9:37-45. Age of peak performance in 50-km ultramarathoners - is it older than in marathoners?

Angående PM-rådgivning!
King Grub är inte uppkopplad   Svara med citat
Gammal 2018-03-15, 13:54   #3
Hemi

Reg.datum: Mar 2007
Kan inget om sporten men har träffat många som håller på. Jag tror inte att jag vet någon som börjat med det under 30-35. Av vilka orsaker vet jag inte, i USA är det i alla fall en slags grupp där folk gillar att umgås, prata om sina hus de jobbat i hop, om hur de var så oaktiva förr etc. Plus att de har tålamod som de inte hade förr. Sedan är det väl inga pengar ännu i sporten heller? Eller är det kanske...
Hemi är inte uppkopplad   Svara med citat

Svara

Regler för att posta
Du får inte posta nya ämnen
Du får inte posta svar
Du får inte posta bifogade filer
Du får inte redigera dina inlägg

BB-kod är
Smilies är
[IMG]-kod är
HTML-kod är av

Forumhopp

Alla tider är GMT +1. Klockan är nu 04:53.