Kolozzeum Forum - Sveriges största träningsforum
Gå tillbaka   Kolozzeum Forum - Sveriges största träningsforum > Träning > Kost & Näring

Svara

Ämnesverktyg Visningsalternativ
Gammal 2017-06-04, 20:48   #16
Fysikalisk

Fysikalisks avatar

Reg.datum: May 2017
Bland annat denna koppling.

”Consumption of dietary protein stimulates MPS within an hour. In addition, a significant portion of the amino acids absorbed from the meal will be retained in the splanchnic area, mainly in the gut. The retention of amino acids in the gut may be amplified by a systemic insulin response ta a mixed meal.

Over time EAAs released from protein breakdown in the rapidly turning over gut tissues can be released into peripheral blood and then be incorporated into new proteins in muscle.”
Fysikalisk är inte uppkopplad   Svara med citat
Gammal 2017-06-04, 21:38   #17
kaspen

kaspens avatar

Reg.datum: Aug 2011
Citat:
Ursprungligen postat av King Grub Visa inlägg
Wolfe diskuterar kopplingen mellan whole body protein synthesis och muscle protein synthesis i artikeln.
Jag tycker att Wolfe är en vassare forskare men att Trommelen är en tydligare kommunikatör.
kaspen är inte uppkopplad   Svara med citat
Gammal 2017-08-25, 19:27   #18
Termy
理学療法士

Termys avatar

Reg.datum: Aug 2003
En till trevlig artikel inom ämnet:

Jäger R, Kerksick CM, Campbell BI, et al. International Society of Sports Nutrition Position Stand: protein and exercise. Journal of the International Society of Sports Nutrition. 2017;14:20. doi:10.1186/s12970-017-0177-8. Fulltext

Deras sammanfattade rekommendationer:

"The International Society of Sports Nutrition (ISSN) provides an objective and critical review related to the intake of protein for healthy, exercising individuals. Based on the current available literature, the position of the Society is as follows:
  1. An acute exercise stimulus, particularly resistance exercise, and protein ingestion both stimulate muscle protein synthesis (MPS) and are synergistic when protein consumption occurs before or after resistance exercise.
  2. For building muscle mass and for maintaining muscle mass through a positive muscle protein balance, an overall daily protein intake in the range of 1.4–2.0 g protein/kg body weight/day (g/kg/d) is sufficient for most exercising individuals, a value that falls in line within the Acceptable Macronutrient Distribution Range published by the Institute of Medicine for protein.
  3. Higher protein intakes (2.3–3.1 g/kg/d) may be needed to maximize the retention of lean body mass in resistance-trained subjects during hypocaloric periods.
  4. There is novel evidence that suggests higher protein intakes (>3.0 g/kg/d) may have positive effects on body composition in resistance-trained individuals (i.e., promote loss of fat mass).
  5. Recommendations regarding the optimal protein intake per serving for athletes to maximize MPS are mixed and are dependent upon age and recent resistance exercise stimuli. General recommendations are 0.25 g of a high-quality protein per kg of body weight, or an absolute dose of 20–40 g.
  6. Acute protein doses should strive to contain 700–3000 mg of leucine and/or a higher relative leucine content, in addition to a balanced array of the essential amino acids (EAAs).
  7. These protein doses should ideally be evenly distributed, every 3–4 h, across the day.
  8. The optimal time period during which to ingest protein is likely a matter of individual tolerance, since benefits are derived from pre- or post-workout ingestion; however, the anabolic effect of exercise is long-lasting (at least 24 h), but likely diminishes with increasing time post-exercise.
  9. While it is possible for physically active individuals to obtain their daily protein requirements through the consumption of whole foods, supplementation is a practical way of ensuring intake of adequate protein quality and quantity, while minimizing caloric intake, particularly for athletes who typically complete high volumes of training.
  10. Rapidly digested proteins that contain high proportions of essential amino acids (EAAs) and adequate leucine, are most effective in stimulating MPS.
  11. Different types and quality of protein can affect amino acid bioavailability following protein supplementation.
  12. Athletes should consider focusing on whole food sources of protein that contain all of the EAAs (i.e., it is the EAAs that are required to stimulate MPS).
  13. Endurance athletes should focus on achieving adequate carbohydrate intake to promote optimal performance; the addition of protein may help to offset muscle damage and promote recovery.
  14. Pre-sleep casein protein intake (30–40 g) provides increases in overnight MPS and metabolic rate without influencing lipolysis.
Termy är uppkopplad nu   Svara med citat
Gammal 2017-08-26, 09:59   #19
AlexGBG

AlexGBGs avatar

Reg.datum: Dec 2005
Så mitt beslut att ligga på 2,8g/kg kv, ta 1,5 skopa kasein innan sänggående, en shake direkt efter träningen och en mellan lunch och middag är nog rätt bra då.

Om jag förstår saken rätt så kan det eventuellt vara positivt att öka på intaget ännu mer till över 3g/kg kv vilket lätt löses med en extra shake per dag
AlexGBG är inte uppkopplad   Svara med citat
Gammal 2017-08-26, 14:11   #20
Termy
理学療法士

Termys avatar

Trommelen skrev ett ytterligare inlägg om studien i trådstarten här.

Copy pasted:
"A new review article discusses whether there is a maximal anabolic threshold to dietary protein.

TDLR:
- I disagree with most points in this review
- bottom of this post has better recommendations and references to read on protein intake.

Summary or review:

1) It is often recommended that 20-25 g protein nearly maximizes the muscle protein synthetic response to a meal

2) The authors suggest that in addition to effects on muscle protein synthesis, effects on muscle protein breakdown or whole-protein breakdown should be taken into account

3) The authors suggest that increasing doses of protein will augment greater reductions in (muscle) protein breakdown.

4) The authors suggest that mixed meals may result in a greater anabolic response compared to isolated protein, because insulin may reduce muscle protein breakdown

5) The authors suggest protein distribution does not matter much

I disagree with most points in this review.

Regarding point 1)
I agree with those recommendations, but keep in mind that 40 g protein typically gives a 10-20% higher MPS response and may be especially important following whole-body resistance exercise and before sleep (1, 2).

Regarding point 2, 3 and 4)
I agree with the authors that the total anabolic response is what matters. In the case of the muscle that is the muscle protein balance (synthesis minus breakdown). However, changes in protein balance are largely driven by changes in muscle protein synthesis, as protein breakdown doesn't change much and is very predictable in most conditions in athletes. Measuring it is a waste of valuable research money in many situations.

The amount of protein recommended to optimize muscle protein synthesis (20-40 g) is also enough to also minimize muscle protein breakdown. The effect of protein on muscle protein breakdown is in fact due to insulin, and you don't need that much insulin to minimize muscle protein breakdown (3). Protein alone is enough, no need for extra carbs/mixed meals to minimize muscle protein breakdown (4). Insulin/carbs are also not needed for muscle protein synthesis.

The authors suggest that WHOLE-BODY protein breakdown will be reduced further with greater doses of protein. Key words there are WHOLE-BODY. This is a measurement that is not specific to the muscle and is more reflective of what is happening in gut tissues. I know whole-body protein may sound even more important than a measurement that just looks at the muscle, but it in the opposite (unless you want to grow gut tissue?). A simple example to show that whole-body protein metabolism and muscle protein synthesis should not be confused: resistance exercise stimulates muscle protein synthesis, but not whole-body protein synthesis (5).

The authors did a study in which WHOLE-BODY protein breakdown was reduced further with 70 g protein in a meal compared to 40 g (6). Again, this does not mean it is helpful for the muscle! It does not even mean it's helpful for other tissues, we have no idea if a greater protein balance in gut tissues is even beneficial. Moreover, the methodology of that paper is questionable. Our lab gets completely opposite results with better methodology.

So the arguments of the authors that higher doses of protein might be beneficial are very questionable. There is no data that doses higher than 30 g protein would beneficial for muscle protein breakdown, and all evidence suggests that it likely would not be. Making protein recommendations for muscle mass gains/maintenance based on WHOLE-BODY protein metabolism data is also very questionable, especially since it's largely based on the results of a specific study which itself is questionable.

Regarding point 5:
I do think there is some value to protein distribution, though total daily protein intake is definitely a higher priority.

I don't have a major issue with people seeing little to no benefit in protein distribution, there is no super-compelling evidence that you leave massive amounts of gains on the table if you don't pay attention to it (though I think it's pretty simple to do? But that's up to the individual)

What I do take issue with is that they seem quite biased. For example, they wrote:

''In a recent acute metabolic study we did not observed any beneficial effects of distributing the same amount of dietary protein equally over three daily meals as compared to the normal American pattern of 65% of dietary protein with dinner as evaluated by measurement of whole body protein synthesis and breakdown as well as MPS [18]. The lack of impact of distribution of dietary protein was evident at two levels of dietary protein intake.''

When you actually look at the data from that study (see picture attached), it appears that the even protein distribution did better than the uneven protein. The effect was not statistically significant, but that most likely has to do with the study being underpowered since the exact same positive effect was found in both the lower and higher protein diet. If you would compare the evenly distributed low protein intake with the uneven distributed high protein intake, there would also be no significant difference. So you could argue that improving the distribution is as effective as doubling the amount of protein (again, this is a statistical issue). If anything, I would consider that study evidence for protein distribution. Taking the more conservative approach is fine of course. But in that case, it is inconsistent that the authors are conservative in this area, but are extremely aggressive about making protein recommendations on whole-body data?

Unfortunately, I have to admit I don't like this review. The last time these authors wrote a similar review, it was posted a lot on social media by bro's as 'SEE MORE PROTEIN!!!!!!!'. Please don't be a bro. And while I love protein, this particular review is not the reason why protein is awesome or a good reason to eat loads of it (but I still recommend to eat loads of it 😉

The authors of this review will come visit our lab next month, so we have some discussion points!

Review:
https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/28807333

-----------------------------------------------------------

If you just want some simple protein recommendations, a good evidence-based starting point would be the 1.6 g/kg/d suggested maximizing muscle hypertrophy in a recent meta-analysis - and perhaps up to 2.2 g/kg/d to take a safety margin (7).

Want to know more about protein metabolism, but get confused by all the methodology or can't get all the papers? Start here:
http://www.nutritiontactics.com/meas...-protein-syn…/

References:
1) https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/27511985
2) https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/27916799
3) https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/18577697
4) https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/21131864
5) https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/27643743
6) https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/?term=26530155
7) https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/28698222
"
Gammal 2019-02-15, 20:57   #21
Termy
理学療法士

Termys avatar

Trommelen et als senaste alster:
The Muscle Protein Synthetic Response to Meal Ingestion Following Resistance-Type Exercise

https://link.springer.com/content/pd...19-01053-5.pdf
Gammal 2019-02-16, 03:05   #22
Bossebäver

Bossebävers avatar

Reg.datum: Sep 2013
Jag skulle sitta still i båten och vänta på analysen fråb grabbarna på styrkast.se, detta då dessa är en av de internationellt erkända experterna på inte bara allt träningrelaterat och kosttilskott utan även protein.
Gammal 2019-02-16, 07:51   #23
TotteShaped4Life

TotteShaped4Lifes avatar

Reg.datum: Jul 2016
Citat:
Ursprungligen postat av Bossebäver Visa inlägg
Jag skulle sitta still i båten och vänta på analysen fråb grabbarna på styrkast.se, detta då dessa är en av de internationellt erkända experterna på inte bara allt träningrelaterat och kosttilskott utan även protein.
Nu snackar vi inte gradskillnad utan en helt nivå juh
Gammal 2019-02-16, 18:19   #24
Ett Orm
Silver lifter

Ett Orms avatar

Reg.datum: Jun 2011
Citat:
Tror de i sin tur väntar på en artikel från styrkelabbet. Sen kommer de att veva lös med suedisarna på nätet.
Ett Orm är inte uppkopplad   Svara med citat
Gammal 2019-02-16, 19:09   #25
exevision

exevisions avatar

Reg.datum: Jan 2011
Citat:
Jag skrattade lite väl mycket.
Var tvungen att läsa deras tråd igen.
exevision är inte uppkopplad   Svara med citat

Svara

Ämnesverktyg
Visningsalternativ

Regler för att posta
Du får inte posta nya ämnen
Du får inte posta svar
Du får inte posta bifogade filer
Du får inte redigera dina inlägg

BB-kod är
Smilies är
[IMG]-kod är
HTML-kod är av

Forumhopp

Alla tider är GMT +1. Klockan är nu 14:52.