Kolozzeum Forum - Sveriges största träningsforum
Gå tillbaka   Kolozzeum Forum - Sveriges största träningsforum > Träning > Kost & Näring

Svara

Ämnesverktyg Visningsalternativ
Gammal 2013-02-27, 18:47   #1
King Grub
Chefsarkitekt Oljebyxor

King Grubs avatar

Reg.datum: Mar 2002
Vitamin D och allmän dödlighet, cancer och kardiovaskulära sjukdomar

Citat:
Background:

Serum 25-hydroxyvitamin D [25(OH)D] concentration has been linked to mortality in several studies, but appropriate cutoffs to define risk categories are under debate.

Objective:

We aimed to conduct a repeated-measurements analysis on the association of serum 25(OH)D concentrations with all-cause and cause-specific mortality, with particular attention given to the shape of dose-response relations.

Design:

Concentrations of 25(OH)D were measured in n = 9578 baseline and n = 5469 5-y follow-up participants of the ESTHER study, which is a German population-based cohort aged 50–74 y at baseline. Deaths were recorded during 9.5 y of follow-up (median). Restricted cubic splines were used to assess dose-response relations and Cox regression with time-dependent variables to estimate hazard ratios.

Results:

During follow-up, 1083 study participants died, of whom 350 individuals died of cardiovascular diseases, 433 individuals died of cancer, and 55 individuals died of respiratory diseases. The overall mortality [HR (95% CI)] of subjects with vitamin D deficiency [25(OH)D concentrations <30 nmol/L] or vitamin D insufficiency [25(OH)D concentrations from 30 to 50 nmol/L) was significantly increased [1.71 (1.43, 2.03) and 1.17 (1.02, 1.35), respectively] compared with that of subjects with sufficient 25(OH)D concentrations (>50 nmol/L)]. Vitamin D deficiency was also associated with increased cardiovascular mortality [1.39 (95% CI: 1.02, 1.89)], cancer mortality [1.42 (95% CI: 1.08, 1.88)] and respiratory disease mortality [2.50 (95% CI: 1.12, 5.56)]. The association of 25(OH)D concentrations with all-cause mortality proved to be a nonlinear inverse association with risk that started to increase at 25(OH)D concentrations <75 nmol/L.

Conclusions:

In this large cohort study, serum 25(OH)D concentrations were inversely associated with all-cause and cause-specific mortality. In particular, vitamin D deficiency [25(OH)D concentration <30 nmol/L] was strongly associated with mortality from all causes, cardiovascular diseases, cancer, and respiratory diseases.
Strong associations of 25-hydroxyvitamin D concentrations with all-cause, cardiovascular, cancer, and respiratory disease mortality in a large cohort study. Am J Clin Nutr February 27, 2013.

http://ajcn.nutrition.org/content/ea....full.pdf+html

Angående PM-rådgivning!
King Grub är inte uppkopplad   Svara med citat
Gammal 2013-02-27, 19:44   #2
maqan

Reg.datum: Nov 2005
Resultaten är väl i linje med tidigare publicerad data? Tänkte främst på att koncentrationer under 75 nmol/L i regel brukar diskuteras som en nedre gräns för hälsosamma nivåer i serum.
maqan är inte uppkopplad   Svara med citat
Gammal 2013-02-27, 21:16   #3
proteinsynthesis

Reg.datum: Jan 2011
Citat:
Ursprungligen postat av maqan Visa inlägg
Resultaten är väl i linje med tidigare publicerad data? Tänkte främst på att koncentrationer under 75 nmol/L i regel brukar diskuteras som en nedre gräns för hälsosamma nivåer i serum.

Ja , men det är bra med fler studier som bekräftar det.
proteinsynthesis är inte uppkopplad   Svara med citat
Gammal 2013-02-28, 19:51   #4
maqan

Reg.datum: Nov 2005
Citat:
Ursprungligen postat av proteinsynthesis Visa inlägg
Ja , men det är bra med fler studier som bekräftar det.
Absolut, ville bara få det bekräftat.
maqan är inte uppkopplad   Svara med citat

Svara

Regler för att posta
Du får inte posta nya ämnen
Du får inte posta svar
Du får inte posta bifogade filer
Du får inte redigera dina inlägg

BB-kod är
Smilies är
[IMG]-kod är
HTML-kod är av

Forumhopp

Alla tider är GMT +1. Klockan är nu 22:54.