Kolozzeum Forum - Sveriges största träningsforum
Gå tillbaka   Kolozzeum Forum - Sveriges största träningsforum > Träning > Träning - Vikter & Kondition

Svara

Ämnesverktyg Visningsalternativ
Gammal 2018-09-24, 16:57   #76
TotteShaped4Life

TotteShaped4Lifes avatar

Reg.datum: Jul 2016
Lyle McDonald (180924 ~ 17.30)

Since I am NEVER letting this go I am going to ask some questions similar to what I asked someone else today.

Why are people so determined to give Brad et. al. a pass on this? Dno't worry about my motivations, they are simply to bring what I feel is the best information to the field, same as I've done over 2.5 decades. I don't make money off of my recommendations for hypertropy, I don't get paid $5k to give the same lecture, my career doesn't put me in the publish or perish situation where Brad has to push his agenda.

The first question:
Had anybody BUT Brad published this trash-fire of a paper and I criticized it, would you agree with my criticisms. Or feel taht the conclusions were unwarranted.

I bet in many cases the answer is yes.

Let's face it, if that had happened, Brad HIMSELF would have jumped all over the paper's flaws.

And you would be all "You go, Brad."

What's the difference? Why is criticism of Brad ignored when, had it been Brad's criticism of teh same issues, enthusiastically accepted?

Addendum in this vein: Brad has repeatedly shared my research reviews in his group with "Another excellent analysis by Lyle McDonald"

I guess that only applies when it's papers about anybody but him. Weird. People love it when Im' an asshole until I'm an asshole to them. People love it when I'm critical until I'm critical about them.

Seems like a double standard to me. So ask yourself what's the difference?

The second question:
Most here think Fung, Taubes, Noakes and Layne are gurus. In response to criticism, they block people from their group/FB account/Twitter and disallow any criticism to be seen or heard.

Layne refused to address my criticism of reverse dieting. I was easy to dismiss. But he focused on me and ignored several others making the same criticisms.

That's pure guru behavior.

Brad and Eric Helms have done the same. They have never directly addressed my criticism, using deflection and nothing more. After publishing my critical piece, they could have addressed those issues. Instead I was blocked.

Brad even told someone he didn't get an opinion because he didn't do science. Layne told me the same thing. Huh.

Guru behavior.

Why aren't Brad and Eric being held to the same standard as other gurus? They have done nothing but act identically to them.

Addendum: Let's face facts, if I ever came close to doing the same thing, I'd be crucified for it. I am still held to 10,000 times the standard as anybody else. I make a small error in a 9 year old blog post, and Eric rakes me for it. It was just another pathetic deflection to defend Brad mind you. A total blindside by someone I thought had integrity.

Of course, like a MAN rather than a GURU, I fixed it within 5 minutes. It didn't matter in the big scheme anyhow, it didn't change my conclusion on that article and Im' writing a stupid blog on the stupid Internet.

Brad is PUBLISHING in a major journal. He should be held to the HIGHEST standard. And yet I'm the one one who is. THE ONLY ONE.

Of course, the difference is that I can MEET that standard and no guru ever can. That's why I win in the long run. I can back my shit up and have done so for 25 years. They never can.

Brad LIES in a discussion and I'm the one who has to defend myself. I ask them pointed question and crickets are acceptable.

I make a claim and I am expected to provide 18 references. Of course, I always can provide them.
They can't even address basic criticism of their work. Criticism that would be reqiuerd to be addressed by ANYBODY who wasn't Brad Schoenfeld. Don't even pretend I'm wrong.

My mistake, of course, was establishing a higher standard of behavior. So now I'm held to it to a degree that NOBODY else in the industry is. This is why the gurus win.

But what's the difference? Why the different standard for Brad and Eric and the rest than anybody else is held to, especially me?

On that note, because I don't like him, I kicked Heath Rust out of the group when I saw him post in a certain thread. In PM he said I was guruing him. I originally disagreed but then realized he was right and I was wrong . I unblocked him and let him back in the same day. An hoenst idividual can and will acknowledge a mistake and FIX it. A guru NEVER can.

You think Brad or Eric would do the same for me? Don't delude yourself. Nobody on their wall will EVER see a word of criticism from me again. GURU Behavior. Criticism can't exist if critics are blocked. It makes it real easy to be right.

I haven't even kicked out the assoles like Asian, Robert or Alex who are putting ME on trial for my criticisms. Critics must be addressed, not ignored.

Brad and Eric refuse to do it. Why give htem a pass?

Get the gist of this: Ask yourself why Brad is being given treatment and a benefit of the doubt that, factually

NO OTHER GURU in the industry would be given
I would NEVER be given (and you're presumably in this group because you have some faith in what I have to say).

What's the difference? Why is Brad held to a different, and LOWER standard, than anybody else.

Does evidence based fitness now translate as "It's evidence based except when Brad Schoenfeld, who does not have to address much less acknowledge criticism of his work, is involved?" Because that's what is essentially being said.

Brad is above the scientific method
Brad is above having to address criticism

That's what you're saying in all of this. Science is built on discourse. Unless you're Brad Schoenfeld. He gets to criticise OTHERS but doesn't have to address criticism himself.

But you argue, Brad has always done good work. Well maybe. Maybe it's time to comb through his other studies, all using the same methodology to see. Of course, other studies SHOULD be held to the same standard. Hi Asian.

But good scientist often go full potato.
Tim Noakes did some good work early on questioning recommendatinos on water and central fatigue.

Now he is a lowcarb zealot guru who blocks anybody who criticisms him. Einstein never accepted quantum physics. Schrodinger wrote a hilarious book on biology.

JUST LIKE BRAD. FULL GURU.

So try to be intellectually honest, ask yourself the following question:

Why are the people involved being given different treatment than MOST here would NOT give to anybody else who had done this?

If you can't answer that, I'll ansewr it for you: Cognitive dissonance. You don't want to accept what's going on? Many have not even bothered to look at my criticisms. They put me on trial.

But just ask yourself that question if you have the guts.

Why are the people involved being given different treatment than MOST here would NOT give to anybody else who had done this?

Why the difference?
Gammal 2018-09-26, 16:48   #77
Prost

Prosts avatar

Reg.datum: Jan 2009
Kriegers svar:

https://weightology.net/lessons-in-c...-volume-study/
Prost är inte uppkopplad   Svara med citat
Gammal 2018-09-26, 17:00   #78
Crillos
Banned User

Reg.datum: Sep 2018
Jag vill se bild på alla dessa gurus som verkar veta så mycket. Någon med länk?
Crillos är inte uppkopplad   Svara med citat
Gammal 2018-09-26, 17:23   #79
Prost

Prosts avatar

Citat:
Ursprungligen postat av Crillos Visa inlägg
Jag vill se bild på alla dessa gurus som verkar veta så mycket. Någon med länk?
Sök på deras namn. :-)
Gammal 2018-09-26, 17:28   #80
King Grub
Chefsarkitekt Oljebyxor

King Grubs avatar

Reg.datum: Mar 2002
Citat:
Ursprungligen postat av Prost Visa inlägg
Postat strax efter att han lämnat McDonalds grupp och blockerat honom överallt så han slipper något bemötande.

Angående PM-rådgivning!
King Grub är inte uppkopplad   Svara med citat
Gammal 2018-09-28, 09:18   #81
King Grub
Chefsarkitekt Oljebyxor

King Grubs avatar

Reg.datum: Mar 2002
Martin Berkhan skrev, om Lyles senaste text.

Citat:
Someone beat me to the punch and exposed Brad Schoenfeld for the conman he is. Praise be! As if releasing one study a week for the past year wasn’t indication enough, this poor fool went to much greater lengths than the situation called for. To his credit, he marked Krieger and Helms in the process and set the stage for what’s to come.

Angående PM-rådgivning!
King Grub är inte uppkopplad   Svara med citat
Gammal 2018-09-28, 16:10   #82
TotteShaped4Life

TotteShaped4Lifes avatar

Reg.datum: Jul 2016
Citat:
Ursprungligen postat av King Grub Visa inlägg
Martin Berkhan skrev, om Lyles senaste text.
Den är så rolig på det där sättet när personen inte själv förstår hur rolig han faktiskt är
Gammal 2018-09-28, 23:02   #83
Benny Carlsson

Reg.datum: Jan 2018
Citat:
Ursprungligen postat av TotteShaped4Life Visa inlägg
Den är så rolig på det där sättet när personen inte själv förstår hur rolig han faktiskt är
Vem är lustigkurren det här fallet? Berkhan? Lyle? Schoenfeldt?§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§
Benny Carlsson är inte uppkopplad   Svara med citat
Gammal 2018-10-09, 18:43   #84
smerk
Lägg in nått kul

smerks avatar

Reg.datum: Nov 2016
Citat:
Ursprungligen postat av Slartibartfast Visa inlägg
Borge pratar om 2-3 set 2-3 gånger i veckan.
Hur räknas en muskelgrupp? Är det t.ex. 9 set totalt för rygg inklusive roddar och chins?`Känner mig utbränd av träningen och jag tänkte prova den här approachen vilket känns solklart för pressar samt benövningar, men oklarheter finns gällande ryggträningen.
smerk är inte uppkopplad   Svara med citat
Gammal 2018-10-11, 09:26   #85
panzerpig
Registered ulcer

panzerpigs avatar

Reg.datum: Jul 2007
Citat:
Ursprungligen postat av smerk Visa inlägg
Hur räknas en muskelgrupp? Är det t.ex. 9 set totalt för rygg inklusive roddar och chins?`Känner mig utbränd av träningen och jag tänkte prova den här approachen vilket känns solklart för pressar samt benövningar, men oklarheter finns gällande ryggträningen.
Beror vilket split du kör eller om det är helkropp osv.
Kör du rygg tre gånger i veckan kan du tex köra roddar dag 1, chins/latsdrag dag 2, marklyft dag 3

Om jag kollar Borges program (det jag har sett iaf) så ser det ut såhär:
3 dagar i veckan, introduktionsprogram:
dag 1: 3 set pulldowns
dag 2: 1 set sittande rodd, 1 set pulldown
dag 3: som dag 1

4 dagar i veckan över/under
dag1: 3 set rodd, 2 set chins/pulldowns/pullups
dag 2: (bendag) hyperextensions för korsrygg
dag 3: pulldowns 2 set
dag 4 raka mark/marklyft

Senast redigerad av panzerpig den 2018-10-11 klockan 09:32.
panzerpig är inte uppkopplad   Svara med citat
Gammal 2018-10-16, 11:40   #86
Prost

Prosts avatar

https://bodyrecomposition.com/traini...h-part-2.html/
Gammal 2018-10-16, 13:33   #87
F Ultra

F Ultras avatar

Reg.datum: Dec 2013
Citat:
Ursprungligen postat av Prost Visa inlägg
Intressant som alltid, framförallt så var den sista studien som han skrev om sist väldigt intressant.

Har mer och mer börjat fundera på att börja köra en 5-dagars rullande PPL med medelvolym som standard och sedan slänga in någon/några rundor högre volym (t.ex Smolov Jr) per år och övning som en form av periodisering. Iaf som glad motionär utan tävlingsambitioner
F Ultra är inte uppkopplad   Svara med citat
Gammal 2018-10-16, 16:59   #88
Crillos
Banned User

Jag är fascinerad över hur man göra en sån simpel sak som styrketräning så vetenskaplig. Det är ju hur lätt som helst, träna hårt och mycket = gains. Klarar du inte av det? sorry du har inte generna för det...börja spela pingis eller nåt istället.
Gammal 2018-10-16, 17:09   #89
Crillos
Banned User

Så här ser förövrigt Lyle Mcdonald ut.

Gammal 2018-10-17, 09:57   #90
Prost

Prosts avatar

Citat:
Ursprungligen postat av Crillos Visa inlägg
Jag är fascinerad över hur man göra en sån simpel sak som styrketräning så vetenskaplig. Det är ju hur lätt som helst, träna hårt och mycket = gains. Klarar du inte av det? sorry du har inte generna för det...börja spela pingis eller nåt istället.
"I don't believe in bodybuilders using steroids. If a man doesn't have enough male hormones in his system to create, a nice hard, muscular body, he should take up ping pong." Steeve Reeves

"Det är ju hur lätt som helst, träna hårt och mycket = gains." Visst är det så till den största delen men detta är ju ett träningsforum där man får diskutera om olika metoder och allt möjligt. Det kan ju vara intressant om man finner något som passar för en själv så att man blir ännu starkare och/eller muskulösare etc. :-)

Svara

Ämnesverktyg
Visningsalternativ

Regler för att posta
Du får inte posta nya ämnen
Du får inte posta svar
Du får inte posta bifogade filer
Du får inte redigera dina inlägg

BB-kod är
Smilies är
[IMG]-kod är
HTML-kod är av

Forumhopp

Alla tider är GMT +1. Klockan är nu 05:48.