Kolozzeum Forum - Sveriges största träningsforum
Gå tillbaka   Kolozzeum Forum - Sveriges största träningsforum > Träning > Kost & Näring

Svara

Ämnesverktyg Visningsalternativ
Gammal 2008-11-16, 21:04   #16
boinnk

boinnks avatar

Reg.datum: Oct 2003
Citat:
Ursprungligen postat av spoonchest Visa inlägg
Men om man sköljer tänderna efteråt?
Då är det inte lika dåligt, men det hade fortfarande varit bättre för tänderna om man inte tagit drycken.
Gammal 2008-11-17, 15:38   #17
sporty_thief

sporty_thiefs avatar

Reg.datum: Nov 2003
Borde det inte fungera liknande med tuggummi eller liknande?
Gammal 2009-01-24, 10:23   #18
King Grub
Chefsarkitekt Oljebyxor

King Grubs avatar

Reg.datum: Mar 2002
Citat:
The purpose of this study was to examine the influences of a carbohydrate (CHO) mouth rinse on self-selected running speeds during a 30-min treadmill run. Ten endurance-trained men performed 2 trials, each involving a 10-min warm-up at 60% VO2max followed by a 30-min run. The run was performed on an automated treadmill that allowed the spontaneous selection of speeds without manual input. Participants were asked to run at speeds that equated to a rating of perceived exertion of 15, mouth rinsing with either a 6% CHO or taste-matched placebo (PLA) solution. In addition to recording self-selected speeds and total distance covered the authors assessed the runners' subjective feelings. The total distance covered was greater during the CHO than during the PLA trial (p < .05). Faster speeds selected during the first 5 min of exercise corresponded with enhanced feelings of pleasure when mouth rinsing with the CHO solution. Mouth rinsing with a CHO solution increased total distance covered during a self-selected 30-min run in comparison with mouth rinsing with a color- and taste-matched placebo.
Int J Sport Nutr Exerc Metab. 2008 Dec;18(6):585-600. The Influence of Carbohydrate Mouth Rinse on Self-Selected Speeds During a 30-min Treadmill Run.

Angående PM-rådgivning!
King Grub är inte uppkopplad   Svara med citat
Gammal 2009-01-24, 11:14   #19
Eddie Vedder

Eddie Vedders avatar

Reg.datum: Nov 2006
Jag undrar hur kolhydratlösningen smakade. Det står ju "..with enhanced feelings of pleasure when mouth rinsing with the CHO solution." och det tror jag är en väldigt viktig (och underskattad?) effekt när man tränar hårt.

Jag har själv haft suketter i vattnet när jag cyklat pass som inte varit långa nog för att behöva någon extra dock lite extra vätska. Jag upplever att den goda söta smaken ger en mental kick utan att för den delen ge mig några extra kcal.

Samma sak om jag dricker en lightcola direkt efter ett träningspass. Lightcolan blir ju dock lite mer svårtolkad, den innehåller ju trots allt koffein och mer salt än vattnet med suketten (även om natriumsackarinat givetvis innehåller natrium).
Eddie Vedder är inte uppkopplad   Svara med citat
Gammal 2009-01-25, 17:12   #20
TylerDurden84

TylerDurden84s avatar

Reg.datum: Mar 2004
Citat:
Ursprungligen postat av stevebc Visa inlägg
Var själv tveksam och googlade, det är en myt.
Ja, det är en myt. Fråga en som har sommarjobbat på Swedish Match
Det är saltet som får snusen att se lite skimrande/glänsande ut.

<< Certified: Personal Trainer, Nutrition Coach and Gym-Instructor >>
TylerDurden84 är inte uppkopplad   Svara med citat
Gammal 2009-02-10, 18:01   #21
King Grub
Chefsarkitekt Oljebyxor

King Grubs avatar

Ingen prestationsförhöjande effekt i icke fastande stadie.

Citat:
It has been reported previously that mouth rinsing with a carbohydrate containing solution can improve cycling performance. The purpose of the present study was to investigate the impact of such a carbohydrate mouth rinse on exercise performance during a simulated time trial in a more practical, postprandial setting.

Fourteen male, endurance trained athletes were selected to perform 2 exercise tests in the morning after consuming a standardized breakfast. Subjects performed a ~1 h time trial on a cycle ergometer, while rinsing their mouth with either a 6.4% maltodextrin solution (CHO) or water (PLA) after every 12.5% of the set amount of work. Borg’s rate of perceived exertion (RPE) was assessed after every 25% of the set amount of work, and power output and heart rate were recorded continuously throughout the test.

Performance time did not differ between treatments and averaged 68.14±1.14 and 67.52±1.00 min in CHO and PLA, respectively (P = 0.57). In accordance, average power output (265±5 vs 266±5 W, P = 0.58), heart rate (169±2 vs 168±2 bpm, P = 0.43) and RPE (16.4±0.3 vs 16.7±0.3 W, P = 0.26) did not differ between treatments. Furthermore, after dividing the trial into eights, no differences in power output, heart rate or perceived exertion were observed over time between treatments.

Carbohydrate mouth rinsing does not improve time trial performance when exercise is performed in a practical, postprandial setting.
International Journal of Sport Nutrition and Exercise Metabolism. In Press.. Carbohydrate Mouth Rinsing in the Fed State Does Not Enhance Time Trial Performance

Angående PM-rådgivning!
Gammal 2009-02-10, 18:22   #22
Xealswe

Xealswes avatar

Reg.datum: Sep 2006
Tycker studierna verkar logiska. Man har ju fortfarande salivutsöndring i munnen och sväljer ibland. Upptaget av extra kolhydrat blir ju då fördröjt gentemot om du dricker det direkt från flaska.
Kanske förklarar dessutom varför prestationsförhöjande effekten uteblir om inte på fastande mage
Xealswe är inte uppkopplad   Svara med citat
Gammal 2009-02-10, 20:53   #23
dipper

dippers avatar

Reg.datum: Nov 2008
Citat:
Ursprungligen postat av stevebc Visa inlägg
Att nikotinet går in i blodet av snus är väl för att dom stoppat glasfiber i snuset så det river hål på huden?
I svenskt snus har saltet till en uppgift för att öppna upp för nikotinet vill jag minnas. Dock i andra snusliknande tobaker som scoal och annat "dipp" som man förbrukar i USA så finns i dessa en hel del glasfiber.
Och tro mig, det köttar sönder munnen bra mkt mera än svenskt snus.
Har snusat i 10 år utan problem, "snusade" scoal i ett år och trodde jag skulle tappa tänderna. Tandköttet har dock återhämtat sig från min scoal upplevelse
Gammal 2009-02-25, 17:43   #24
King Grub
Chefsarkitekt Oljebyxor

King Grubs avatar

Citat:
Exercise studies have suggested that the presence of carbohydrate in the human mouth activates regions of the brain that can enhance exercise performance but direct evidence of such a mechanism is limited. The first aim of the present study was to observe how rinsing the mouth with solutions containing glucose, maltodextrin and artificial sweetener would affect exercise performance. The second aim was to use functional magnetic resonance imaging (fMRI) to identify the brain regions activated by these substances. In Study 1A, eight endurance trained cyclists (VO2max 60.8 +/- 4.1 mL.kg(-1).min(-1)) completed a cycle time trial (total work = 914 +/- 29 kJ) significantly faster when rinsing their mouths with a 6.4% glucose solution compared with a placebo containing saccharin (60.4 +/- 3.7 min and 61.6 +/- 3.8 min, respectively, P = 0.007). The fMRI study (1B) revealed that oral exposure to glucose activated reward-related brain regions, including the anterior cingulate cortex and striatum, which were unresponsive to saccharin. In Study 2A, eight endurance trained cyclists (VO2max 57.8 +/- 3.2 mL.kg(-1).min(-1)) tested the effect of rinsing with a 6.4% maltodextrin solution on exercise performance, showing it to significantly reduce the time to complete a cycle time trial (total work = 837 +/- 68 kJ) compared to an artificially sweetened placebo (62.6 +/- 4.7 min and 64.6 +/- 4.9 min, respectively, P = 0.012). The second neuroimaging study (2B) compared the cortical response to oral maltodextrin and glucose, revealing a similar pattern of brain activation in response to the two carbohydrate solutions, including areas of the insula/ frontal operculum, orbitofrontal cortex and striatum. The results suggest that the improvement in exercise performance that is observed when carbohydrate is present in the mouth may be due to the activation of brain regions believed to be involved in reward and motor control. The findings also suggest that there may be a class of so far unidentified oral receptors that respond to carbohydrate independently of those for sweetness.
J Physiol. 2009 Feb 23. Carbohydrate sensing in the human mouth: effects on exercise performance and brain activity.

Angående PM-rådgivning!
Gammal 2009-02-25, 18:35   #25
Eddie Vedder

Eddie Vedders avatar

Citat:
Ursprungligen postat av King Grub Visa inlägg
J Physiol. 2009 Feb 23. Carbohydrate sensing in the human mouth: effects on exercise performance and brain activity.
Ibland har man tur, det är ju EXAKT det jag funderade över! T.o.m samma aktivitet och samma sötningsmedel, cykling och sackarin. Hänger de där forskarna på Kolo och letar studieämnen?

Citat:
Ursprungligen postat av Eddie Vedder Visa inlägg
Jag undrar hur kolhydratlösningen smakade. Det står ju "..with enhanced feelings of pleasure when mouth rinsing with the CHO solution." och det tror jag är en väldigt viktig (och underskattad?) effekt när man tränar hårt.

Jag har själv haft suketter i vattnet när jag cyklat pass som inte varit långa nog för att behöva någon extra dock lite extra vätska. Jag upplever att den goda söta smaken ger en mental kick utan att för den delen ge mig några extra kcal.
Gammal 2009-04-05, 17:54   #26
Eddie Vedder

Eddie Vedders avatar

Citat:
Ursprungligen postat av BigBuck Visa inlägg
Är dessa resultat ännu en av forskningsvärldens motsägningar... eller hur står detta mot vad man säger i J Strength Cond Res. (2008 Jun 9. Supplemental Carbohydrate Ingestion Does Not Improve Performance of High-Intensity Resistance Exercise):

"The results suggest that [carbohydrate] supplementation does not enhance performance of squats performed with 85% 1RM to volitional failure.”
Olika studier med olika försökspersoner och olika metodik kommer till lite olika resultat. Inget konstigt med det.

Det är det sammantagna vetenskapliga stödet för A kontra B som ger en bild av vad som kan antas "stämma".

Varenda studie som görs där kolhydratintag och prestation testas kommer ju inte per automatik innebära förbättringar på mätvärden hos människorna i studien. Men fortfarande finns ju en uppsjö av välgjorda studier som pekar på det.
Gammal 2009-12-03, 10:42   #27
King Grub
Chefsarkitekt Oljebyxor

King Grubs avatar

Citat:
PURPOSE:: To investigate the influence of mouth-rinsing a carbohydrate-electrolyte (CHO-E) solution on 1 h running performance. A second study determined whether mouth-rinsing a CHO-E solution altered the blood glucose and plasma insulin concentrations at rest.

METHODS:: Following a 13 h fast, ten endurance-trained male runners completed two 1 h performance runs on an automated treadmill, whilst mouth-rinsing 25 ml of either a 6.4% CHO-E (C) or placebo (P) solution immediately before and at 15-min intervals during the 1 h run. An additional ten healthy active males followed the same mouth-rinsed procedure during a 1 h resting period. Finger prick blood samples were obtained for determination of blood glucose and plasma insulin concentrations.

RESULTS:: Runners covered 211 m (90 % CI = 42 m to 380 m, P = 0.048) further during the C trial (14298 +/- 685 m, mean +/- SD) in comparison to the P trial (14086 +/- 732 m). There was no change in blood glucose concentrations during the 1 h run (P; pre, 4.3 +/- 0.2 mmol.L, post, 4.3 +/- 0.3 mmol.L C: pre, 4.3 +/- 0.4 mmol.L, post, 4.3 +/- 0.3 mmol.L-1). At rest there was no change in blood glucose (P; 4.3 +/- 0.1 mmol.L, C: 4.3 +/- 0.2 mmol.L) or plasma insulin (P; 6.2 +/- 1.1 mU.L, CHO; 5.9 +/- 1.0 1.1 mU.L) concentrations (P > 0.10).

CONCLUSION:: Mouth-rinsing a 6.4% CHO-E solution was associated with increased distance covered during a 1 h performance run in comparison to mouth-rinsing a placebo solution. Mouth-rinsing a CHO-E was not associated with changes in blood glucose concentration during exercise or at rest.
Med Sci Sports Exerc. 2009 Nov 27. The Influence of Mouth-Rinsing A Carbohydrate Solution on 1 Hour Running Performance.

Angående PM-rådgivning!
Gammal 2009-12-03, 17:29   #28
Insulinus
Lilla Guldlock

Insulinuss avatar

Reg.datum: Jan 2008
Då måste det helt enkelt bero på någon form utav belöningssystem i hjärnan som aktiveras! För efter 13h fasta borde glukosen synas i ett blodglukostest kan man tycka.

Gillar dock mina tänder i det skick de är och tänker inte börja kolhydratsskölja munnen. Läste tidigare i tråden om en kille som hällde lite sirap i munnen för att höja blodsockret vid hypoglykemi på en äldre herre.
Likaså har min läkare berättat att en droppe honung på tungspetsen räcker för att höja blodsockret! Just honung är som bekant glukos/fruktos i fritt monosackaridformat men enligt Sverker tidigare i tråden ska dessa inte kunna upptas i munnen pga sin poläritet och storlek trots att de är så små de kan bli!
Finns det några bevis för att det är så? Har min läkare fel?

Jag blev nyfiken nu!
Gammal 2010-06-25, 10:00   #29
King Grub
Chefsarkitekt Oljebyxor

King Grubs avatar

Citat:
Purpose of review: Carbohydrate during exercise has been demonstrated to improve exercise performance even when the exercise is of high intensity (>75% VO2max) and relatively short duration (∼1 h). It has become clear that the underlying mechanisms for the ergogenic effect during this type of activity are not metabolic but may reside in the central nervous system.

Recent findings: Carbohydrate mouth rinses have been shown to result in similar performance improvements. This would suggest that the beneficial effects of carbohydrate feeding during exercise are not confined to its conventional metabolic advantage but may also serve as a positive afferent signal capable of modifying motor output. These effects are specific to carbohydrate and are independent of taste. The receptors in the oral cavity have not (yet) been identified and the exact role of various brain areas is not clearly understood. Further research is warranted to fully understand the separate taste transduction pathways for simple and complex carbohydrates and how these differ between mammalian species, particularly in humans.

Summary: Carbohydrate is detected in oral cavity by unidentified receptors and this can be linked to improvements in exercise performance.
Curr Opin Clin Nutr Metab Care. 2010 Jul;13(4):447-51. Oral carbohydrate sensing and exercise performance.

Angående PM-rådgivning!
Gammal 2010-08-07, 13:07   #30
King Grub
Chefsarkitekt Oljebyxor

King Grubs avatar

Citat:
PURPOSE:: To investigate the influence of ingesting versus mouth-rinsing a carbohydrateelectrolyte solution on 1 h running performance.

METHODS:: Following a 14-15 h fast, ten endurance-trained male runners (M +/- SD, V O2peak = 65.0 +/- 4.4 ml . kg . min) completed three 1 h performance runs separated by 1 week. In random order runners either ingested 8 ml . kg body mass of either a 6.4 % carbohydrateelectrolyte solution (CHO) or placebo solution (P) 30 min prior to and 2 ml . kg body mass at 15 min intervals throughout the 1 h run. On a separate occasion runners mouth-rinsed (R) a 6.4 % carbohydrate-electrolyte solution i.e. without ingestion, at the same times as in the ingestion trials.

RESULTS:: Total distances covered in the CHO, P and R trials were 14515 + 756 m; 14190 +/- 800 m and 14283 +/- 758 m respectively. Runners covered 320 m more (90% CI of difference = 140 m to 510 m, P = 0.01) during the CHO trial compared to the P trial and 230 m more (90% CI of difference = 83 m to 380 m, P = 0.019) in comparison to the R trial. There was no difference in n distance covered between the R trial and P trial (P = 1.0).

CONCLUSION:: A greater distance was covered following the mouth-rinse and ingestion of a 6.4% carbohydrate-electrolyte solution during a 1 h performance run than when mouth-rinsing the same solution or mouth-rinsing followed by the ingestion of the same volume of a placebo solution.
Med Sci Sports Exerc. 2010 Aug 2. Influence of Ingesting Versus Mouth-Rinsing a Carbohydrate Solution during a 1 H Run.

Angående PM-rådgivning!

Svara

Regler för att posta
Du får inte posta nya ämnen
Du får inte posta svar
Du får inte posta bifogade filer
Du får inte redigera dina inlägg

BB-kod är
Smilies är
[IMG]-kod är
HTML-kod är av

Forumhopp

Alla tider är GMT +1. Klockan är nu 07:32.