Kolozzeum Forum - Sveriges största träningsforum

Kolozzeum Forum - Sveriges största träningsforum (https://www.kolozzeum.com/forum/index.php)
-   Allmänt Forum (https://www.kolozzeum.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   Ny MMA-tråd (varning för spoilers!) (https://www.kolozzeum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=107588)

Petoria 2010-07-28 16:26

Kommer bli intressant, han såg ganska imponerande ut i de sambo-klippen jag har sett

Fast han har ju en del att leva upp till med det efternamnet :D

cero 2010-07-28 16:26

Frantic 2010-07-28 19:45

Uppdrag Granskning visar MMA-programmet igen.

Finns på SVT-play - http://svtplay.se/v/2088535/uppdrag_...p103536,1,f,-1

Sparven från Minsk 2010-07-28 20:01

Citat:

Ursprungligen postat av Frantic (Inlägg 4501495)
Uppdrag Granskning visar MMA-programmet igen.

Finns på SVT-play - http://svtplay.se/v/2088535/uppdrag_...p103536,1,f,-1

såg det precis, intressant!

Petoria 2010-07-28 21:37

UFC newcomer Todd Brown replaces Thiago Silva at UFC 117

http://mmajunkie.com/news/20068/ufc-...im-boetsch.mma

Kwon 2010-07-28 21:40

Om det är något James Toney har så är det självförtroende! :D

[Comment From Bill Bill: ]
If you win does that prove boxing is better than mixed martial arts?

James Toney:
No doubt. It's already known that boxing is better than MMA but I'll prove that and that James Toney is the best fighter no matter if it's boxing or MMA.

[Comment From dtank18 dtank18: ]
What will James do when Couture Clinches on the Feet and when he smothers him on the ground meaning Couture is never going to trade with you

James Toney:
God bless him if he wants to try. I'm ready for anything he tries to do. Nothing he tries is going to be enough. I've been in there with plenty of guys tougher than him. I'm ready.

[Comment From sam sam: ]
As we all know the boxing aspect of MMA is totally different from professional boxing. All the bobbing and weaving, shoulderrolling might not work when the opponent can take you down. So how has you're experience been trying to adjust to legkicks and takedowns. How has it been going for you in training, and what do you think about bobbing, weaving and shoulder rolling in mixed martial arts

James Toney:
My style is perfect for this fight. I'm ready for his leg kicks, I'm ready for him trying to shoot, I'm ready for anything he does.

[Comment From sam sam: ]
Have you sparred with 4ounce gloves, if you have, whats your experience regarding the power, and the lack of defense they provide

James Toney:
I don't spar with four-ounce gloves because when I tried that at first and my sparring partners were getting hurt.

James Toney:
What do you think someone's going to do when I hit them with four ounce gloves? They're getting knocked out.

[Comment From Guest Guest: ]
James welcome to MMA. Do you think that the fans of MMA are over looking the fact that you have years of combat training ? If you make this into a fight do you think that all the suposed differences wil go out the window when punches start flying

James Toney:
I feel that everybody is overlooking me. In MMA there are so many different characteristics of a fight and people think I'm not ready for it, but I'm really looking forward to showing what I can do on August 28 and showing that I'm the best in the world.

[Comment From lazar lazar: ]
what will happen when randy takes you down???

James Toney:
If Randy takes me to the ground he's going to have to worry. I'm not the one who's worried about that. I guarantee you, Randy is worried. I'm not losing sleep on Randy Couture but I guarantee when he goes to sleep, he's thinking about me.

James Toney:
People seem like they're forgetting that the fight starts standing up.

[Comment From Brett Brett: ]
James, you do realize Dana White is trying to embarrass you with having you face a world-class wrestler, don't you?

James Toney:
You better realize that Dana White has just signed one of the best fighters in the world, period. And if that's the way they're thinking, then the one that will be embarrassed is the UFC.

[Comment From Olaf Olaf: ]
Hey James, how many fights did you have on your UFC contract?

James Toney:
It will be 3-5. After I knock out Randy Couture I plan on coming back and fighting in October and then hopefully I'd fight Brock Lesnar in the new year.

James Toney:
My main goal is to stay busy and show that I'm the people's champion either in boxing or in MMA. I'm the heavyweight champion of the world.

James Toney:
I'm the heavyweight champion of the IBA so why can't I be the UFC heavyweight champion?

James Toney:
My biggest problem in boxing is that everyone is scared to fight me, so now I'm coming to the UFC to fight. I give Randy Couture all the credit in the world because he wasn't afraid to fight me, but he's going to get knocked out come August 28.

[Comment From Sunil Sirju Sunil Sirju: ]
What MMA fighter do you think could make a sucessful transition to boxing?

James Toney:
None of them could. MMA fighters don't like to get hit. They can't stand in the pocket and trade punches. MMA guys want to submit somebody or kick them like a little girl. I think Wanderlei Silva could maybe be a good boxer, and Anderson Silva would have a chance. Georges St. Pierre might too. But seriously: Can you name me one MMA fighter who can punch as well as me?

[Comment From Maris
Randy has been training wrestling for decades and is considered to be one of the best greco-roman practitioners in MMA. How do you plan to neutralize his grappling skills?

James Toney:
I've had a great training camp and my trainers are getting me ready to take the best of what Randy does. I guarantee, once we get in there, he can't do too much.

[Comment From Maris Maris: ]
How high do you rate Randy's striking?

James Toney:
He's pretty good for a girl.

James Toney:
He's got the balls to fight me but there's no MMA fighter who has the balls to trade punches with me. If they do it's suicide.

[Comment From Joey Joey: ]
Hey James, First off I think it's awesome that your jumping on the UFC bandwagon, I know you will dominate. My question for you is, coming into UFC is there a certain person that you would have rather fought than couture?

James Toney:
The person I wanted to fight right off the bat was Brock Lesnar. He's a champion, I'm a champion and I wanted to do it. But they said I couldn't do that. Then they said, "How about Kimbo?" But I said, "That's too easy. That's like kicking a little kid's butt." But then Randy started saying he wanted to fight me, so I said, "OK, you're the first one getting it."

[Comment From Mike Mike: ]
James what will be your strategy when randy pins you against the cage and controls your arms so you can't throw knockout punches? Also, after having not fought in a cage before do you feel that the cage could be a game changer for you?

James Toney:
I'm in a cage every day. I train in a cage every day. If Randy wants to hold me against the cage, he can't do it. I'm tougher than he is. Randy is fragile.

James Toney:
People think Randy is a God in the MMA world, but in the boxing world he'd be considered a journeyman, a bum. How many knockouts does he have, nine or 10? And people think he's a Hall of Famer? In a real sport you've got to be retired before you're in the Hall of Fame? When I fight Randy he won't be Hall of Fame, he'll be Hall of Shame.

[Comment From CJGLANCY CJGLANCY: ]
Are you prepared for (3) 5 minute rounds of MMA fighting or are you essentially looking at the attempt to knock out Couture as soon as possible?

James Toney:
Every day my trainer puts me through hell and back. Everybody calls me fat and all that? Watch me at the weigh-in on August 27 and see how much I weigh.

[Comment From Tyler Tyler: ]
Freddie Roach commented that the most difficult aspect of boxing for mma fighters to understand is the distance between you and your opponent, did you encounter the same problem when transitioning to mma?

James Toney:
I'm not worried about distance. Randy better make sure he's not in my range. I'm a real fighter. I'll do things you haven't seen in 40 years. I'm an old-school fighter, and all the other old-school fighters are dead.

[Comment From Shayne T Shayne T: ]
Do you think you would continue an MMA career after the fight with Couture?

James Toney:
We're in the process of figuring that out right now, but I told Dana my goal is to hold the heavyweight championship of the UFC and in boxing at the same time. So as long as it takes me to get Brock Lesnar, that's how long it'll be. If Lesnar gets by Cain Velasquez, I'll fight Lesnar in February or March. But right now my focus is on Randy Couture. Randy's gonna get it. I ain't playing with that dude.

James Toney:
I like Cain Velasquez, and I think he has the ability to knock Lesnar out. I think that fight is a toss-up. Lesnar ran away from Shane Carwin like a girl, but then Carwin ran out of gas and quit. But I'll fight any of them, any time anywhere. That's my motto.

[Comment From Jose Cuervo Jose Cuervo: ]
Do you realize if you get taken to the ground you have no chance?

James Toney:
I'm very comfortable on the ground. I'm not worried about that. If I couldn't fight on the ground I wouldn't be fighting in MMA. I'm a born fighter and somebody like me comes along once every 30 years.

[Comment From Waleed Waleed: ]
Is there any MMA who you like to watch fight?

James Toney:
Absolutely. Everybody has this misconception I don't like MMA. I love MMA. I love Georges St. Pierre, I love Rich Franklin, I like BJ Penn, I like Anderson Silva, Rampage Jackson, Rashad Evans, I like a ton of these guys. I don't have a problem with those dudes. MMA is a great sport.

[Comment From Blisters Blisters: ]
What is your Silva vs Sonnen predictions?

James Toney:
Good fight. Silva is similar to me except that I'm a hell of a lot better fighter than Anderson Silva and Chael Sonnen is a hell of a lot better wrestler than Randy Couture.

[Comment From John John: ]
Why do MMA when you are a great boxer and make more money in boxing ?

James Toney:
I can make more money in boxing if I become the heavyweight champion of the world, but I came in because Dana White brought me in here and I have something to prove.

Petoria 2010-07-28 21:47

Haha :D

"When I fight Randy he won't be Hall of Fame, he'll be Hall of Shame."

panzerpig 2010-07-28 22:00

hyffsat kaxig kille :)

cero 2010-07-29 14:12

Citat:

[Comment From Maris Maris: ]
How high do you rate Randy's striking?

James Toney:
He's pretty good for a girl.
Fan va rolig läsning. Han vet verkligen hur man promotar en match, men om man ser bortom allt macho-snack så är det ganska uppenbart att allt bara är tomt snack. Men ska hur som helst bli kul att se en boxare som Toney kan klara sig mot en MMA utövare på världsklass. :D

Nitrometan 2010-07-29 14:15

Citat:

Ursprungligen postat av cero (Inlägg 4502836)
Fan va rolig läsning. Han vet verkligen hur man promotar en match, men om man ser bortom allt macho-snack så är det ganska uppenbart att allt bara är tomt snack.

Det vet vi ju inte förrän efter matchen. :)

cero 2010-07-29 14:22

Citat:

Ursprungligen postat av Nitrometan (Inlägg 4502842)
Det vet vi ju inte förrän efter matchen. :)

Det har du rätt i, vem vet, Toney kanske helt plötsligt har blivit en brottare i världsklass också! :D

Kwon 2010-07-29 14:25

Toney kommer vinna mot Randy i första ronden via hans modifierade Gogoplata kallad "Toneyplata".

olwe 2010-07-29 14:31

Jag hoppas nästan Toney vinner så vi kan se några fler fighter med honom. 1 fight säger liksom inte så mycket om vad en boxare kan göra i MMA, så det skulle vara intressantare om han fick köra 3-5 fighter (som han babblar om).

Nitrometan 2010-07-29 14:39

Citat:

Ursprungligen postat av cero (Inlägg 4502866)
Det har du rätt i, vem vet, Toney kanske helt plötsligt har blivit en brottare i världsklass också! :D

Han behöver ju inte vara nån brottare om han knockar motståndaren.

cero 2010-07-29 14:48

Citat:

Ursprungligen postat av Kwon (Inlägg 4502877)
Toney kommer vinna mot Randy i första ronden via hans modifierade Gogoplata kallad "Toneyplata".

Blir kul att se!

Citat:

Han behöver ju inte vara nån brottare om han knockar
motståndaren
Vad tror du chansen är att Toney knockar honom med ett slag innan dom går i clinch? Randy vet mycket väl att han inte ska stå upp och byta slag, om han inte vill bli knockad förstås. När nedtagningen väl har kommit ser jag inget annat än att Randy vinner på TKO. Får hoppas på att han knockar honom med en counter-right hand innan dom går ner på mattan, skulle varit kul. Team-toney! :D

Alla tider är GMT +1. Klockan är nu 11:39.