handdator

Visa fullständig version : Phil Heath hoppar över Mr.O - I år igen!

tp_88
2007-07-01, 01:19
Phil Heath väljer att, även detta år, inte ställa upp på Mr. O. His statement:

First, I would like to thank my sponsors at Weider/AMI and Met-Rx for always respecting and supporting my decisions. Also, I’d like to thank my family, fans and friends who have stood by me every step of the way. I realize that I may have disappointed you some, but know that I’m doing this for the sport and you guys. I plan on focusing on the numerous areas that have been pointed out to me by judges and other trusted friends in the business. By taking the necessary time off, I am confident of competing at a higher level than the time permitted for the Olympia. Many people have stated that I am running away from competition, well you don’t have a clue and must not know me at all. If I was running away, then I wouldn’t have done the Arnold Classic correct? They were some awesome athletes out there that were bigger, but I held my own and served notice that I will be on their heels for many years to come. For those who cannot grasp what I am talking about think of someone who does their first national comp at the USA’s and places 10th. They most likely wouldn’t do the North Americans or the Nationals because of them needing improvement, so they would go back to the drawing board, training their butt off in order to place higher. Even guys that have placed 2nd in their respected classes do this so why can’t I take time off to make improvements, especially since I am still the youngest pro around with the least amount of training. The problem is that I am not an amateur and because of my quick accomplishments, I have been automatically placed amongst the higher caliber athletes. I have heard it all from day one from people saying that I’m too small, I have weaknesses, but I’ve proven them wrong every time out, improving at every contest. By competing at this year’s Olympia, I wouldn’t have the time permitted to do my absolute best, which isn’t fair to me, nor to those who support me and the sport of bodybuilding. I will never go on stage just to go because that is when you get beat badly which has happened to many first and second tier pros. I am highly capable of placing ahead of some people who have beaten me at the Arnold Classic, yet I am more focused on the long term goal which is to build a world champion physique that will change the way we look at bodybuilding. I feel that only time is going to help me achieve this dream and being 27 instead of 37 really helps. I do plan on competing at next year’s Olympia because I will have then achieved the right level of muscularity that will be worthy of such a show. I respect the sport of bodybuilding and also the Mr. Olympia contest more than many people could ever understand and I will show you all what I am speaking of very soon, mark my words. In closing, I’d like to thank again all of my supporters who have been there from the start, I will not let you down. I PROMISE!

Endel vet säkert redan om det, eftersom det inte är direkt dagsfärskt. Men jag hade missat det helt!