handdator

Visa fullständig version : Steam gör inte som jag vill.

Lelle Pelle
2007-06-19, 14:42
Tjena.

Nu är det så att jag inte kan spela CS, utan då jag försöker gå in på en server blir det error. Det är något som heter IDirekt3DDevice9::Present som inte fungerar som det ska. Googlade på det men jag fattar absolut inget alls. Detta hände efter att jag uppdaterade drivrutiner till mitt grafikkort(Radeon), samt NET Framwork 2.0.

Någon som varit med om något likanande och vet vad jag ska göra för att lösa det?

Animalistic
2007-06-19, 14:44
testat installera om steam ?

Lelle Pelle
2007-06-19, 14:45
Nej, faktikst inte. Får ta och prova det.

rememberence
2007-06-19, 14:46
Steam är djävulens påhitt, jag har "förlorat" många spel på grund av dom.

formula4shape
2007-06-19, 14:51
Testa att ta bort ClientRegistry.blob filen ur stem-mappen.

Spara den någon annanstanns och lägg in den igen om det inte fungerar.

Lelle Pelle
2007-06-20, 17:13
Varken ominstallation och det med .blobfilen fungerade tyvärr. Någon som har andra tips?

Exakt text vid felmedellande: "Internal driver error in IDirect3DDivice9::Present()"

Johan_P
2007-06-20, 17:29
Verkar vara fel på drivrutinerna till grafikkortet? Testa att installera nya, se om det funkar.

Lelle Pelle
2007-06-20, 18:54
Nu provade jag nya drivrutiner, inget hände, fortfarande samma fel. Sen fick jag för mig att prova avinstallera drivrutinerna, nu får jag inte ens en bild på skärmen. Efter avinstallationen startade jag om dator, jag ser windows laddas m.m. men sen när man ska välja användare blir det svart med texten:
"1: D-SUB
Cannot Display this Mode"

Jag blir tokig, vad kan jag göra nu, när jag inte ens kommer in på min användare?

Flykt
2007-06-20, 19:07
Nu provade jag nya drivrutiner, inget hände, fortfarande samma fel. Sen fick jag för mig att prova avinstallera drivrutinerna, nu får jag inte ens en bild på skärmen. Efter avinstallationen startade jag om dator, jag ser windows laddas m.m. men sen när man ska välja användare blir det svart med texten:
"1: D-SUB
Cannot Display this Mode"

Jag blir tokig, vad kan jag göra nu, när jag inte ens kommer in på min användare?
Har du skärmen inkopplad i en D-sub ingång?
Om du kan, prova byt. Verkar vara något med det som krånglar iaf (?)

Lelle Pelle
2007-06-20, 19:11
Tittade bakom datorn nu, och sladden från skärmen går in i endast en utgång från datorn : /

Animalistic
2007-06-20, 19:16
testa ändra upplösning

Lelle Pelle
2007-06-20, 19:18
testa ändra upplösning
Hur gör jag det? Vad jag än trycker på så händer det inget. Bara svart med lite text i mitten.

Jarod
2007-06-21, 08:08
ATi:s "nya" drivrutiner är djävulens påfund. Dom senaste gångerna har jag fått göra en systemåterställning när jag försökt lägga in dom nyaste som ska passa mitt grafikkort.

Lelle Pelle
2007-06-21, 08:26
Igår satt jag i telefonkö i minst tuuusen timmar för att komma fram till support, sen lekte jag bilmekaniker i datorn, fick mig några uppdateringar och tillslut fick jag bild igen:) Men jag kan fortfaranade inte spela, skit också. Så länge en dator fungerar, ska man fan inte pilla i den.

Edit: Jag flörtade in mig bra hos supportkillen, så han sak ringa och hjälpa mig med spelet idag:)

Trance
2007-06-21, 10:42
Jag hoppas fan du googlade på felet annars måste jag nästan ringa till supportkillen och be han misshandla dig.

Dessa 4-5 olika lösningar i denna tråden fungerade inte eller?
http://www.halflife2.net/forums/showthread.php?t=72866

Trance
2007-06-21, 10:45
t.ex:
"OK GUYS, I'VE DISCOVED THE PROBLEM AND SOLUTION! HERES WHAT I HAVE FOUND! TRUST ME, READING THIS WILL NOT BE A WASTE OF TIME!

Alright, first off, the program that is causing the error is ATI's Catalyst. Here's my story. I discovered that there was a new 7.3 Catalyst, and decided to try installing it to see if it would fix the problem. I downloaded it, and then updated, but the Catalyst upgrade did absolutly nothing. I mean by the fact that it did not install anything new. I was confused when I opened my Catalyst Control Center, and it showed my old version (7.2) of Catalyst. I decided to uninstall the Catalyst Control Center, and to try installing 7.3 again. Guess what, the 7.3 upgrade does not include the Catalyst Control Center, so now I don't have the Control Center. HOWEVER, I decided to try my Half-Life 2 demo (as a test to see if source would work, since I have discovered that the IDirect3DDevice9:: Present() error is source related). It did not crash with directx 9. I then tryed my Dark Messiah. Usually, it would crash 10 seconds of my checkpoint that I last saved. However, this time, I managed to play Dark Messiah for 10 hours, as of right now, straight without any errors what so ever.

In conclusion, I have discovered the solution to the problem. It is either one of three things:

Either closing Catalyst Control Center (not uninstalling, just closing the program) fixes it, uninstalling the Catalyst Control Center fixes it, or 7.3 fixes the problem (which I doubt, even though I never tried it with Control Center).

Now for an explaination of the problem and why the many other (so called) temperary solutions on this forum topic worked for a while.

The problem is most likely due to the high graphical detail of Source. While playing Half-Life 2, the game would crash with the error only when a high graphical part of the game came, like mass explosions or graphical cutscenes, that would require alot of... graphics to be able to handle. The Catalyst, I assume, is not able to process Source correctly, and the Directx in Catalyst would be unable to process itself, resulting in the error. This is the reason the only people effected by this error is people with Radeon graphic cards, since Radeon uses Catalyst!

This is the reason to why the many other solutions posted on the forum worked... for a while. One solution I saw was that reducing the directx level worked. Another is reducing the video settings for graphical effects to low or medium. This is because it would cause the graphics to reduce, lowering the chance of meeting those high graphic scenes in the game. Another solution I saw was switching from Catalyst drivers to Omega drivers. This is obvious a workable fix, since Omega drivers require you to uninstall Catalyst, fixing the problem!

You can try testing around it to see what the real solution is, but if you are really eager to play whatever Source game you want to play (yes, all Source games are effected to this error), then just play it safe and uninstall Catalyst Control Center. If it does not work, then try uninstalling the driver, then installing it back using the Windows Device Manager in the Control Panal (I don't know about you, but it's there for my Vista). Just go find your Radeon, and click the install/update driver button when you click on it in the Device Manager. Good luck trying to fix the problem!"

Trance
2007-06-21, 10:47
eller

"
*A* solution seems to be getting it to run using older DX. A post on the steam website shows how this is done. -

http://support.steampowered.com/cgi-bin/steampowered.cf...p_created=1095476857

You are looking for "How do I force a working DirectX level and video mode?" btw."

EDIT: Dålig länk, riktigt finns dock i första tråden