handdator

Visa fullständig version : Dr. Randall J Strossen svarar på Email.

Fettecke
2006-02-12, 11:22
Jag mailade Ironminds egen doktor och frågade lite grejjer ang. greppträning...

Mina frågor till honom.
1. Is singles with a heavy gripper(and a rest at about 2+ min) a better way to gain more strength then about 5+ reps with a easier gripper

2. Is negatives with a To heavy gripper a better way to gain more strength then just Press the gripper you actiually Can crush together?
If i cant crush the CoC #2, should i do negatives instead of pressing it halfway?

Randalls Svar, för den som är intresserad.

Dear Mr. Wickman,

Very sorry that hadn't yet received my reply to your questions.

1) Singles, in general, will do more to boost strength than will sets of five, but they are also easier to burn out on, both physically and psychologically, so you might not be able to progress forever on a steady diet of singles.

2) Negatives can work well, but what I said above about singles applies even more so to negatives - generally, they are an advanced technique that not everyone will find useful.

We can tell that you are quite enthusiastic about your training - now that you have your Captains of Crush gripper, you can study the training information that came with it, as well as make good use of the John Brookfield Grip Trips on our the IronMind website. For more advanced training, be sure to check John Brookfield's book called Mastery of Hand Strength and if you want the inside story on how Nathan Holle and Joe Kinney train on grippers, be sure to read the book Captains of Crush Grippers: What They Are and How To Close Them.

All the best with your training.

Randall J. Strossen, Ph.D.
IronMind Enterprises, Inc.

Mart|n
2006-02-12, 14:04
Dr Randall är mycket trevlig att prata med! Jag håller även med honom angående hans svar på dina frågor.