handdator

Visa fullständig version : Periodisera protein...

goa_killen
2002-08-17, 00:29
Tänkte slänga in en beställing på whey-80 4kg erbjudandet som ************* kör me nu..

Om ja har en liten fundering kring doseringen..

Vilket vore bäst

1)
Att köra en vecka med 200gram om dagen vara utan en vecka o köra en vecka me 200gram igen, till min 4kg´s burke slut..

2)
Att ta 100gram extra om dagen i 40 dagar??

Ligger just nu runt 2gr protte per kg kroppsvikt...

z_bumbi
2002-08-17, 08:50
goa_killen: Hur mycket protein vill du ha per kilo kroppsvikt ?
Sen lägger du bara till vad du behöver, fyra gram protein/kg kroppsvikt låter dyrt i överkant.

goa_killen
2002-08-17, 14:24
Aså, ja ligger runt 2 gram protein per kilo kroppsvikt utan kosttillskott!!!

Undrar bara om de skulle ge nått att chocka kroppen en vecka o vara utan o köra som vanligt en vecka osv...

Eller om man ska ligga stabilt hela tiden?

Kjellstroem
2002-08-17, 16:13
Tycker gott du kan pröva att cykla proteinet. Det är möjligt att det inte ger bäst resultat för just Dig men om du aldrig prövar så får du aldrig veta.

Exakt hur du ska cykla kan du nog avgöra själv.
Jag hade prövat något i stil med att ta en proteindrink till de vanliga måltiderna under en vecka.
Nästa vecka tar du endast protein efter träningarna. Nästa vecka igen så ökar du proteinintaget igen.

Du behöver dock aldrig gå över 4-4,5g/kg kroppsvikt per dag.
Om du redan får i dig 2g via vanlig mat skulle jag väl rekommendera 4g/kg-k PÅ proteincyklingen och 2,5g/kg-k AV proteincyklingen. (de 0.5g/kg-k är det du ska ta efter träningen).

Det är som sagt så Jag hade gjort det, garanterar inte att det är bäst :)

Mvh

Langster
2002-08-17, 16:27
Att cykla protein så tätt som varannan vecka tycker jag verkar onödigt...

Själv brukar jag få en ofrivillig vecka i slutet av månaden då mitt proteinintag är lite lägre än de andra 3 veckorna pga att proteinpulvret börjar ta slut... Sen när nästa beställning prottepulver kommer känner man lite extra tryck!!!
Tycker det verkar funka rätt bra...

3 veckor högt intag följt av en vecka lite mindre alltså...

ekim
2002-08-17, 19:58
Att ha en cykel med en hög och en låg vecka skulle kunna funka skit bra...så prova ....det här är saxat från ironmag de funka inte att länka så det här blir ett långt inlägg

Foreword:

This article is based on the work and theories of Marcus R. Jones, MD, Dan Duchaine Swedish scientist Torbjorn Akerfeldt, Tom Platz and Vince Gironda. It is not my intention with this article to introduce any new theories to the world or to claim the basic premise of this is my own original creation. This is only my interpretation along with a few of my own ideas.

The first basic thing you learn as a bodybuilder is to eat lots of protein. In fact for some of us, worrying about consuming enough protein is more important to us than any other daily function. Problem is most of us don't know enough about proteins other than to consume 1g per lb of bodyweight. But right now chances are if you are reading this you're consuming too much protein. Strange as it sounds consuming less protein over a period of ten days can actually allow you to consume less protein on a daily basis yet gain more muscle by using it more efficiently.

Let's start out with some basic "Bodybuilding 101" knowledge. As a bodybuilder you'll know that protein is the substrate for the synthesis of muscle and that protein is made up of "building blocks" called amino acids, which basically consist of one, two, or three nitrogen atoms bound together with a carbon skeleton. Amino acids are attached to each other by peptide bonds, and form long chains of interconnected amino acids. These chains or peptides are named after the number of amino acids they contain; hence, they are called dipeptides, tripeptides, etc. More than 100 amino acids exist in nature, however only 20 of them can be used to build proteins in the human body. The body cannot manufacture all amino acids as certain ones cannot be synthesized. These are called essential, or indispensable, amino acids. They must consequently be provided in the foods you eat. Pretty basic stuff so far...

Now when we ingest protein it's broken down into these amino acids and used to build new protein, based on the current metabolic state your body happens to be in at the time. There are factors that will determine what your body does with the various proteins, your physical activity, your hormonal status, your previous food intake etc. Your body has a high rate of protein turnover, which allows it to change the distribution of proteins very quickly. During infection (a form of metabolic stress), the body needs to synthesize antibodies (a form of protein), the building blocks (amino acids) will be taken mostly from proteins located in the free amino acid pool. The free amino acid pool is mainly located inside cells and constitutes only about one percent of the body's total amino acid content in the form of proteins. Unfortunately, during longer periods of sickness, starvation, or trauma, muscle protein will also be broken down to provide raw material for new proteins.

This breakdown of muscle protein can be temporarily suppressed by an increased protein intake, and synthesis is promoted at intakes above 0.6 grams of protein per lb of bodyweight per day. The size of the free amino acid pool is almost always constant, which is not good for bodybuilders since it has been shown that the amount of free amino acids inside muscle cells and in the blood governs protein synthesis. The body maintains a constant protein to amino acid balance. By consuming more protein over a long period of time your body begins to adjust the way it metabolizes protein, eventually increasing the daily protein requirement your body needs to maintain that balance. With this need for high amounts of protein comes the problem with catabolism if those protein requirements aren't met. If you're consuming 300g a day at first to and receive a muscle building effect, eventually you will need 300g a day just to maintain that level of muscle mass. The body adapts by up-regulating enzymes and systems that break down amino acids.

Another problem with prolonged high protein intake is that surprisingly, protein is toxic. There are several toxic metabolites of protein that damage multiple organ systems. This includes damage and functional compromise of the central nervous system. Protein contains the toxins ammonia, homocysteine, and uric acid. With prolonged exposure to large amounts of protein the body will increase protein destroying and detoxifying enzymes to avoid poisoning from the above toxins. You'll end up with a body that is extremely adept at disposing of protein as waste, rather than using it to build muscle.

During low periods of protein intake there are several mechanisms that preserve muscle proteins in favor of, for example, liver proteins. Torbjorn Akerfeldt discovered in studies that muscle proteins have a longer life span than liver proteins, so initially, liver proteins, rather than muscle proteins, are lost, and muscle mass is preserved. During the first day of a low protein intake, protein synthesis is decreased while the degradation is constant. After three days, however, the degradation is significantly lowered. In short, a three-day, low-protein diet actually stimulates anti-catabolism.

Why is this? If the body is chronically overloaded with protein it begins down-regulating protein storage enzymes secondary to anticipating excess protein. The body also initiates other adaptive changes including decreased absorption and increased excretion of protein so if the reverse happens, the body will become extremely efficient at using protein.

Now the thing that Dr. Marcus R. Jones discovered is during these periods of decreased protein consumption the body's growth hormone production can increase to 10 times higher than the normal level. This increased level of GH remains even after the patient switched back to a high protein diet. Another thing that was discovered by both men is that you create the perfect environment for super-compensation of muscle proteins. The nitrogen balance in muscle is dramatically elevated because the synthesis is rapidly increased due to improved availability of amino acids.

http://www.ironmag.com/images/im_protein_cycling.jpg

(Picture taken from Muscle Media V61)

What happens is that cycling protein minimizes the mechanisms for protein degradation during the low protein phase. By the time the body begins to gear them back up again during the high protein phase (1 week later), you'll have already made gains and you can start back on a low protein cycle.

Another positive thing about protein cycling is that it eases the stress that high protein diets put on the kidneys and liver. (There's also that cash that you are going to save on protein supplements as well).

So you ask, why is there not more info on this available? Well so far I've only found that quality magazines like MM2K and Testosterone.net have carried articles on this, and both of those magazines carried the info before they began gearing their magazines toward sales of supplements. Telling their readers to follow a diet like this would cut into sales of Meal Replacements and Whey Protein.

Now I'm going to outline just how to achieve the results and reap the benefits of this diet.

Torbjorn Akerfeldt and Dr. Jones both have their own versions of this diet. Torbjorn's (who designed the ABCDE diet) recommends following a 3-day low, 3-day high cycle. Dr. Jones goes to the other extreme outlining a 4 week low, 4-8 week high cycle.

Torbjorn's plan is too soft and I don't think you'll see the optimal gains from it. Dr. Jones's it a bit too extreme and I hypothesize that there will be too much muscle loss. Not because it won't work, but because he's basing it on the assumption that the trainee won't cheat during he long cycle lengths.

I prefer to fall in the middle. Both extremes work, Torbjorn's is easy to follow and conversely Dr. Jones is much harder, but with more benefits.

Here is what I propose:

Decrease protein until a goal of 40g to 50g of protein per day is reached (replace only 1/2 to 2/3 protein calories with carbohydrate calories unless weight loss is noted)
Remain at 40-50g of protein per day for 10 days.
Increase protein to 1 gram per pound body weight per day immediately after 10 days of low protein intake.
Continue this for 10 days and then start over.

Rules to follow:

1) During low protein days, the quality of the protein is very important. Whenever you drop protein intake, the amount of glutathione, which is the body's most important antioxidant, drops as well. Take one scoop of whey protein per day as whey proteins have the best amino acid profile. This will minimize the risk of deficiency in individual amino acids. Remember that the lack of one single type of amino acid is sufficient to hamper protein synthesis.

2) For training days that fall during the low protein phase consume your protein immediately after training to minimize muscle loss.

3) Avoid Vitamin B supplements during the low phase. Dr. Jones found that many B vitamins increase protein use for fuel and this could cause a drop in muscle mass.

4) Train lighter during the low protein phase and increase volume. Higher volume training increases GH release. Combining the already high levels of GH during the low protein phase and the increased GH from higher volume training could be very advantageous. However don't over-train. Keep training sessions to no more than 3 days a week and under 1 hour in length.

5) Avoid Yohimbine during the low protein phase as it has been found to inhibit GH release.

6) Increase carbs during low protein phase if weight loss is noted to persist for more than four days.

This is yet another diet plan that makes sense but is far beyond what we've read in traditional bodybuilding magazines. At first it's hard to accept, but like the Animalbolics diet, it makes perfect sense

Dan Duchaine may have been one of the first to use protein cycling in his BodyOpus diet. Dan once stated that "The reason that my BodyOpus diet works is because a deprived body will suck up a lot of carbs and amino acids after only five days of carb and protein restriction. So, somewhere between one to five days of protein restriction, the body will adjust its amino acid storing ability upward. No one has all of the answers as of yet, so it's up to you to experiment. However, I wouldn't be surprised if the routine might be four days of protein restriction, and three days of protein overfeeding"

I've taken Dan's theories one step further with my 10-day suggestion. Try it out and let me know the results. I'll keep you posted on mine.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

References:

Jones Marcus R, "Protein Cycling For Maximum Gains" Testosterone® No. 10 July 17, 1998

F. Carraro, et al., "Urea Kinetics in Humans at Two Levels of Exercise Intensity," J. Appl. Physiol. 75.3 (1993) : 1180-1185

E.B. Fern, et al., "Effects of Exaggerated Amino Acid and Protein Supply in Man," Experientia 47.2 (1991) : 168-172.

D.A. Fryburg, et al., "Insulin and Insulin-Like Growth Factor-1 Enhance Human Skeletal Muscle Protein Anabolism During Hyperaminoacidemia by Different Mechanisms," J. Clin. Invest. 96.4 (1995) : 1722-1729

M. Langran, et al., "Adaptation to a Diet Low in Protein: Effect of Complex Carbohydrate Upon Urea Kinetics in Normal Man," Clin. Sci. 82.2 (1992) : 191-198.

C. Moundras, et al., "Dietary Protein Paradox: Decrease of Amino Acid Availability Induced by High-Protein Diets," Am. J. Physiol. 264.6 Pt. 1 (1993) : G1057-1065.

cjs
2002-08-18, 03:42
Shit, varför krångla till det alltså.. :smash:

Ät hyfsat normalt och ordentligt, träna, ta lite extra proteinpulver vid sidan om kosten. Har aldrig sett nån som inte fått bra resultat av det. Cykla intag, överladda, superkompensera osv känns verkligen som att lägga tiden på fel saker. Lyft vikter och ät köttig mat säger jag.. :bpump: :eating:

Munter
2002-08-18, 08:59
word ^^^

ekim
2002-08-18, 19:35
Om det inte är trasigt så finns det ingen mening med att fixa det fast det finns alltid utrymme för förbättring...

Har man precis börjat träna gör man bästa i att hålla saker och ting så enkla som möjligt men ju mer man lär sig och ju längre tid som går desto mer märker man att man kan förbättra, särskilt om man även vill ha en så god hälsa som möjligt tillsamans med musklerna.

Sen så är det ju skit kul att testa saker och ting som man läser om i praktiken tycker jag iallafall....