handdator

Visa fullständig version : Omega-3 i vegetarianer.

z_bumbi
2005-09-04, 19:56
Am J Clin Nutr. 2005 Aug;82(2):327-34. Related Articles, Links

Long-chain n-3 polyunsaturated fatty acids in plasma in British meat-eating, vegetarian, and vegan men.

Rosell MS, Lloyd-Wright Z, Appleby PN, Sanders TA, Allen NE, Key TJ.

Cancer Research UK Epidemiology Unit, University of Oxford, Oxford, United Kingdom. magdalena.rosell@cancer.org.uk

BACKGROUND: Plasma concentrations of long-chain n-3 polyunsaturated fatty acids are lower in vegetarians and in vegans than in omnivores. No data are available on whether these concentrations differ between long- and short-term vegetarians and vegans. OBJECTIVES: We compared plasma fatty acid composition in meat-eaters, vegetarians, and vegans and examined whether the proportions of eicosapentaenoic acid (20:5n-3; EPA), docosapentaenoic acid (22:5n-3; DPA), and docosahexaenoic acid (22:6n-3; DHA) were related to the subjects' duration of adherence to their diets or to the proportions of plasma linoleic acid (18:2n-6; LA) and alpha-linolenic acid (18:3n-3; ALA). DESIGN: The present cross-sectional study included 196 meat-eating, 231 vegetarian, and 232 vegan men in the United Kingdom. Information on anthropometry, diet, and smoking habits was obtained through a questionnaire. Total fatty acid composition in plasma was measured. RESULTS: The proportions of plasma EPA and DHA were lower in the vegetarians and in the vegans than in the meat-eaters, whereas only small differences were seen for DPA. Plasma EPA, DPA, and DHA proportions were not significantly associated with the duration of time since the subjects became vegetarian or vegan, which ranged from <1 y to >20 y. In the vegetarians and the vegans, plasma DHA was inversely correlated with plasma LA. CONCLUSIONS: The proportions of plasma long-chain n-3 fatty acids were not significantly affected by the duration of adherence to a vegetarian or vegan diet. This finding suggests that when animal foods are wholly excluded from the diet, the endogenous production of EPA and DHA results in low but stable plasma concentrations of these fatty acids.

A.K.O.A
2005-09-04, 21:30
Ganska väntat va? Eller var din poäng att det först nu är bevisat?

Sverker
2005-09-05, 06:13
Tydligt att kroppen omvandlar alfa-linolensyra till EPA och DHA.

Det skulle vara bra ifall undersäkningen även jämförde effekten av EPA och DHA. Med ca 200 personer i varje grupp borde det gå att se på statistiska skillnade på ex koaguleringstiden på blod eller simpelt blodtryck.

z_bumbi
2005-09-05, 14:24
Ganska väntat va? Eller var din poäng att det först nu är bevisat?

Jag tyckte den var intressant och det kanske är andra som får ut mer av den.

aliquis
2005-09-05, 14:34
kan inte ett problem vara att många vegetarianer/veganer äter mycket vegetabiliskt fett och därför får i sig mycket omega6, men att många inte skaffar sig linfröolja eller äter massa valnötter eller dylikt och därför får i sig rätt lite omega3?

Sverker
2005-09-05, 14:38
Visst kan det vara så.

Alltså bör ju en vegetarian fundera över mängderna Omega-6 han/hon får i sig från solrosolja/frön, tistelolja, jordnötter etc vilka är helt befriade från linolensyra, Omega-3.

aliquis
2005-09-05, 14:42
helt ontopic: varför har jag ont i huvudet? ;/ (ätit dåligt sista dagarna, inte varit hungrig)