handdator

Visa fullständig version : Man kanske borde banna MMA-tävlingar i England

Kwon
2005-05-24, 01:16
Riot Police Called In After Violence Erupts at CageWarriors

Saturday, May 21, 2005
by Pedro Wrobel (pedro_wrobel@hotmail.com)

COVENTRY, England, May 21 — A riot broke out tonight at CageWarriors: Strike Force following the main event where Frenchman Marc Emmanuel knocked out local hero, Barrington Patterson.

The writing was already on the wall — as the main event was announced the crowd surged forward, pressing against the cage with the security nowhere to be seen.

As soon as Emmanuel's victory was announced fans began to throw beer at the French fighter and his team. Crushed cans and glass bottles rained into the cage, soaking the French entourage and narrowly missing Patterson, who was still prone on the canvas and being tended to by paramedics.

Despite the ring announcer's repeated appeals, violence soon erupted with fists, bottles and chairs being used as improvised weapons.

This reporter saw at least two casualties, unconscious and bleeding, one of which appeared to be a young boy. With security in total disarray, the riot police were quick on the scene and did a superb job of dispersing the crowd and taking charge of the situation.

The potential effect of these scenes for the future of UK MMA remains to be seen. More details will follow soon, along with a detailed report from the event.

-

Engelsk publik ska alltid dricka alkohol i samband med sportevenemang!

Detta hade aldrig hänt i Japan! Helt galen publik!

Kan det berott på att en Fransos vann över deras "local hero"?