handdator

Visa fullständig version : aspartam = höjda insulinnivåer?

rvh
2005-04-24, 14:59
jag har hört att aspartam skulle höja insulinnivåerna,
och jag skulle gärna höra av er att detta är rent bs. *innocent*

King Grub
2005-04-24, 15:09
"Six subjects consumed an encapsulated preload consisting of either 400 mg aspartame... gastric emptying rates, plasma CCK, GIP, insulin, and glucose concentrations were unaffected"

Physiol Behav. 2003 Apr;78(4-5):557-62.

King Grub
2005-04-24, 15:09
"The action of a synthetic dipeptide aspartam (150 to 180 times as sweet as glucose) on pancreatic insulin-secretory function of rats was studied in vivo and in vitro. The drug was given orally while drinking (300 mg/kg body weight) or was added to the incubation medium of cultivated pancreatic cells (20 mM). It was shown that insulin content in the rat blood serum remained unchanged 10 and 35 minutes after aspartam administration. The drug did not exert any stimulating effect upon insulin secretion following the addition to the pancreatic cell culture medium. It is concluded that aspartam exhibits no direct or mediated action on pancreatic insulin-secretory function."

Aspartame--the sweet-tasting dipeptide--does not affect the pancreatic insulin-secreting functionSadovnikova NV, Fedotov VP, Aleshina LV, Shvachkin IuP, Girin SK.

King Grub
2005-04-24, 15:10
"The effects of aspartame (L-aspartyl-L-phenylalanine methyl ester) on plasma glucose and insulin levels were investigated in diabetic rats and patients with non-insulin-dependent diabetes mellitus. The oral administration of 0.45 mg aspartame per 100g body weight, which is equivalent to 150 mg of glucose in sweetness, to streptozotocin-induced diabetic rats had no effect on the plasma glucose or insulin levels. Also, 225 mg oral aspartame loading, which is equivalent to 75 g of glucose in sweetness, to patients with non-insulin-dependent diabetes mellitus did not increase plasma glucose or insulin levels, although 75 g of oral glucose loading increased plasma glucose and insulin levels in diabetic patients as expected. Aspartame ingestion for three days at a dose of 24-48 mg per day and the intake of snacks flavored with 240 mg of aspartame also did not increase fasting plasma glucose levels. These results suggest that acute administration of aspartame has no influence on plasma glucose or insulin levels in diabetic rats and patients with non-insulin-dependent diabetes mellitus."

J Nutr Sci Vitaminol (Tokyo). 1985 Oct;31(5):533-40. Effects of aspartame on diabetic rats and diabetic patients.

King Grub
2005-04-24, 15:10
"Beta-L-glucose pentaacetate, but not alpha-D-galactose pentaacetate, was recently reported to taste bitter and to stimulate insulin release. This finding led, in the present study, to the investigation of the effects of both bitter and non-bitter artificial sweeteners on insulin release and cationic fluxes in isolated rat pancreatic islets. Sodium saccharin (1.0-10.0 mM), sodium cyclamate (5.0-10.0 mM), stevioside (1.0 mM) and acesulfame-K (1.0-15.0 mM), all of which display a bitter taste, augmented insulin release from islets incubated in the presence of 7.0 mM D-glucose. In contrast, aspartame (1.0-10.0 mM), which is devoid of bitter taste, failed to affect insulin secretion. A positive secretory response to acesulfame-K was still observed when the extracellular K+ concentration was adjusted to the same value as that in control media. No major changes in 86Rb and 45Ca outflow from pre-labelled perifused islets could be attributed to the saccharin, cyclamic or acesulfame anions. It is proposed that the insulinotropic action of some artificial sweeteners and, possibly, that of selected hexose pentaacetate esters may require G-protein-coupled receptors similar to those operative in the recognition of bitter compounds by taste buds."

Cell Signal. 1998 Nov;10(10):727-33. Effects of artificial sweeteners on insulin release and cationic fluxes in rat pancreatic islets.

King Grub
2005-04-24, 15:11
"BACKGROUND: Neurobehavioral symptoms have been reported anecdotally with aspartame. OBJECTIVE: This study sought to determine whether aspartame can disrupt cognitive, neurophysiologic, or behavioral functioning in normal individuals. DESIGN: Forty-eight healthy volunteers completed a randomized, double-blind, placebo-controlled, crossover study. The first month was aspartame free. Subjects then consumed sodas and capsules with placebo, aspartame, or sucrose for 20 d each. Order was randomized and subjects were assigned to either a high- (45 mg x kg body wt(-1) x d(-1)) or low- (15 mg x kg body wt(-1) x d(-1)) dose aspartame group. Neuropsychologic and laboratory testing was done on day 10 of each treatment period to determine possible acute effects and on day 20 for possible chronic effects. RESULTS: Plasma phenylalanine concentrations increased significantly during aspartame treatment. Neuropsychologic results; adverse experiences; amino acid, insulin, and glucose values; and electroencephalograms were compared by sex and by treatment. No significant differences were found for any dependent measure. CONCLUSION: Large daily doses of aspartame had no effect on neuropsychologic, neurophysiologic, or behavioral functioning in healthy young adults."

Am J Clin Nutr. 1998 Sep;68(3):531-7. Aspartame: neuropsychologic and neurophysiologic evaluation of acute and chronic effects.

rvh
2005-04-24, 15:50
okej, du övertygade mig ganska rejält. :)
tack.

Sverker
2005-04-24, 17:52
Är det något som ger diabetes så är det streptozotocin i King Grubs abstrakt.
Man ger det till råttor som får beta-cellerna i bukspottskörteln utslagen inom 24 timmar.

Vips så får råttan diabetes :(

zanzi
2005-04-24, 18:27
Är det något som ger diabetes så är det streptozotocin i King Grubs abstrakt.
Man ger det till råttor som får beta-cellerna i bukspottskörteln utslagen inom 24 timmar.

Vips så får råttan diabetes :(

HAHA, det var exakt det jag satt och undra över... "hur fan hittar man så många råttor som har diabetes" :D

hallar
2005-04-24, 19:38
Det här med att aspartam skulle ge insulinutsöndring är en missuppfattning som förekommer mcket högt upp i universitetsvärden. Finns en proffesor vid LU som verkar ha fått för sig det. Blir i alla fall citerad i artiklar med den åsikten.

zanzi
2005-04-24, 21:15
Det här med att aspartam skulle ge insulinutsöndring är en missuppfattning som förekommer mcket högt upp i universitetsvärden. Finns en proffesor vid LU som verkar ha fått för sig det. Blir i alla fall citerad i artiklar med den åsikten.

Vet inte nu exakt vad som står i artikeln men visst har han rätt i att aspartam ger insulinutsöndring.

King Grub
2005-04-24, 21:16
Vet inte nu exakt vad som står i artikeln men visst har han rätt i att aspartam ger insulinutsöndring.

Nej, det gör det inte. Läste du studieabstrakten? Visst står det skrivet att det orsakar insulinutsöndring på massor av anti-aspartamsidor, men det gör det ju inte mer sant. Det står att aspartam ger allt från hjärntumörer till håravfall också.

King Grub
2005-04-24, 21:20
"Sodium saccharin (1.0-10.0 mM), sodium cyclamate (5.0-10.0 mM), stevioside (1.0 mM) and acesulfame-K (1.0-15.0 mM), all of which display a bitter taste, augmented insulin release from islets incubated in the presence of 7.0 mM D-glucose. In contrast, aspartame (1.0-10.0 mM), which is devoid of bitter taste, failed to affect insulin secretion."

Cell Signal. 1998 Nov;10(10):727-33.

King Grub
2005-04-24, 21:21
"Aspartame did not alter glycemia or insulinemia, whereas glucose intake caused striking increases in both glycemia (+59%; P < 0.001) and insulinemia (+869%; P < 0.01)."

J Clin Endocrinol Metab. 1998 Jan;83(1):165-8.

King Grub
2005-04-24, 21:22
"Six human males each received 0.56 g phenylalanine (Phe) in the form of 1.0 g aspartame or 12.2 g bovine albumin in 200 ml water or water alone. Venous blood samples collected before consumption and during the following 4 hr were assayed for plasma levels of large, neutral amino acids (LNAA), aspartate, insulin and glucose. The area under the curve for plasma Phe was 40% greater, although not significant, after aspartame compared with albumin intake. The indicated increased clearance rate of plasma Phe after albumin may be caused by the significant increase of insulin, on which aspartame had no effect."

Pharmacol Toxicol. 1991 May;68(5):408-12.

zanzi
2005-04-24, 21:43
Nej, det gör det inte. Läste du studieabstrakten? Visst står det skrivet att det orsakar insulinutsöndring på massor av anti-aspartamsidor, men det gör det ju inte mer sant. Det står att aspartam ger allt från hjärntumörer till håravfall också.

Inte läst studieabstrakten. Tänkte mer på faktumet om att allt man äter ger insulinutsöndring eller har jag fel angående det?

zanzi
2005-04-25, 03:27
Måste tillägga att jag absulot inte har något emot aspartam-produkter. Reagera mer på om den här profesorn hallar prata om skulle ha fel eller inte.

King Grub
2005-04-25, 06:05
Inte läst studieabstrakten. Tänkte mer på faktumet om att allt man äter ger insulinutsöndring eller har jag fel angående det?

Allt energigivande. Ger det inte energi måste det stimulera bukspottkörteln på annat sätt, och det gör inte aspartam.

zanzi
2005-04-25, 06:22
Allt energigivande. Ger det inte energi måste det stimulera bukspottkörteln på annat sätt, och det gör inte aspartam.

Var under inflytandet att de kalorier som finns i t.ex. Fanta Free (pineapple grapefruit som jag rekommenderar varmt :thumbup: ) kom från aspartamet men kollade igenom ingredienserna nu och såg att det fanns lite annat som kan bidra till dem.

King Grub
2005-04-25, 07:02
Om aspartamet i läskedryck skall bidra till energin såpass att det stimulerar insulinutsöndring, då överskrider bryggerierna maxgränsen något brutalt.

zanzi
2005-04-25, 10:11
Om aspartamet i läskedryck skall bidra till energin såpass att det stimulerar insulinutsöndring, då överskrider bryggerierna maxgränsen något brutalt.

Så de tre kalorier som finns i Fanta Free kommer från nått annat.
Ber om ursäkt hallar, hade fått allt om bakfoten.

King Grub
2005-04-25, 10:33
Så de tre kalorier som finns i Fanta Free kommer från nått annat.

Fruktjuice.

jwzrd
2005-04-25, 12:33
SÅ vitt jag vet insöndras insulin redan INNAN första tuggan når munnen. Det finns många olika vägar i kroppen som ser till att frisätta insulin; helt enkelt för att blodsockret ska hållas på en lagom nivå. Petar man i sig mat och låter kroppen börja skicka ut insulin först när blodsockret har börjat stinga så är det "för sent".

Finns det inga tester gjorda för att studera blodsockret hos någon som precis ska få börja äta men som får maten fråntagen? Blodsockret lär sjunka.