handdator

Visa fullständig version : Effekt av glutamintillskott på kroppssammansättning, immunförsvar och prestation

King Grub
2018-05-18, 09:40
Background & aim

This systematic review and meta-analysis of available evidence was conducted to obtain a conclusive result on the effects of glutamine supplementation on athletes.

Methods

Systematic review and meta-analysis. Data related to body mass, lean body mass, body fat percentage, Vo2 max, lymphocytes, leukocytes and neutrophil counts were extracted to determine the effects of GLN on performance outcomes.

Data Sources

The literature search was conducted across the databases Pubmed, Scopus, ISI Web of Science, SID (Scientific Information Database) and Cochrane Central Register of Controlled Trials, covering a period up to January 2017.

Eligibility Criteria for Selecting Studies

Clinical trials evaluating glutamine supplementation outcomes on athletes aged over 18 were included.

Results

A total of 47 studies were included in the systematic review, and 25 trials matched the inclusion criteria for the meta-analysis. According to the meta-analysis, glutamine has a significant effect on weight reduction (WMD = −1.36 [95% CI: −2.55 to −0.16], p = 0.02). Moreover, neutrophil numbers were reduced following glutamine intake at doses greater than 200 mg/kg body weight (WMD = −605.77 [95% CI: −1200.0 to 52.1]; P = 0.03). Also, supplementation by glutamine dipeptide resulted in higher blood glucose after exercise (WMD = 0.51 [95% CI: 0.18, 0.83] mmol/l; P = 0.002). There was no association between glutamine ingestion and other outcomes investigated.

Conclusion

According to this meta-analysis, generally, glutamine supplementation has no effect on athletics immune system, aerobic performance, and body composition. However, the current study showed that glutamine resulted in greater weight reduction. In addition, the present study suggests that the efficacy of glutamine supplementation on neutrophil numbers could be affected by supplement type and dose.

The effect of glutamine supplementation on athletic performance, body composition, and immune function: A systematic review and a meta-analysis of clinical trials. Clinical Nutrition, May 09 2018.

http://docdro.id/AyKWHyM

Kartoffelsalat
2018-05-18, 11:54
Ä weight reduction of lean body mas eller fett?

92Andersson
2018-05-18, 11:56
Verkar lovande.
Står det vilka doser man bör förtära och när för maximal effekt?

Kartoffelsalat
2018-05-18, 11:57
Verkar lovande.
Står det vilka doser man bör förtära och när för maximal effekt?

Det verkar väl snarare ganska olovande på det hela taget?

King Grub
2018-05-18, 12:03
Läser ni fulltexten i länken så ser ni att kopplingen till "weight reduction" försvinner om man utesluter en enda studie och vad den kopplingen kan bero på.

Glutamin är och har alltid varit pengarna i sjön.

Att det skulle verka "lovande" låter helt obegripligt när studie efter studie visat det vara värdelöst.

Kartoffelsalat
2018-05-18, 12:19
Glutamin är ju minst sagt förekommande i vanlig mat också.

Armed Dingo
2018-05-19, 21:18
Det är väl vanligaste aminosyran i vanligt Whey. Varför man skulle vilja få i sig ännu mer vet jag inte.

Sverker
2018-05-20, 05:43
Njaa....glutamat är ett halvsyskon till glutamin. De båda brukar redovisas tillsammans som glutamat i tabeller för aminosyrainnehållet. Därav den stora mängden. Redovisas som glutamat eller glutaminsyra.

Ja. Glutamat är en smakförstärkare som tillsätts både här och där för att ge smak av buljong.