handdator

Visa fullständig version : Dödskaffe

King Grub
2017-03-28, 08:19
Publications reporting concentrations of caffeine in postmortem blood were reviewed if the cause of death was attributed to overdosing (poisoning) with drugs. Age and gender of the deceased, the manner of death (accident, suicide or undetermined) and types of co-ingested drugs were evaluated in relation to the concentrations of caffeine in blood (N = 51). The mean age (±SD) of the victims was 39 ± 17.8 years (range 18-84 years) and most were female (N = 31 or 61%). The difference in mean age of males (42 ± 17.2 years) and females (37 ± 18.3 years) was not statistically significant (t = 0.811, P = 0.421). The mean (±SD), median and range of caffeine concentrations in postmortem blood were 187 ± 96 mg/L (180 mg/L) and 33-567 mg/L, respectively. The median concentration of caffeine in males (161 mg/L) was not significantly different from that of females (182 mg/L), z = 1.18, P = 0.235. There was no correlation between the age of the deceased and the concentration of caffeine in postmortem blood (R2 = 0.026, P > 0.05). Manner of death was classified as suicide in 51% of cases (median blood-caffeine 185 mg/L), accidental in 16% (median 183 mg/L) or undetermined in 33% (median 113 mg/L). The median concentration of caffeine in blood was lower when manner of death was undetermined compared with suicide or accidental (P = 0.023). Although other drugs, including ethanol, antidepressants, antipsychotics, benzodiazepines and/or ephedrine, were often identified in postmortem blood, the predominant psychoactive substance was caffeine. The deceased had ingested caffeine in tablet or powder form and it does not seem likely that toxic concentrations of caffeine can be achieved from over-consumption of caffeinated beverages alone.

J Anal Toxicol. 2017 Feb 18:1-6. Review of Caffeine-Related Fatalities along with Postmortem Blood Concentrations in 51 Poisoning Deaths.

https://academic.oup.com/jat/article-lookup/doi/10.1093/jat/bkx011

upperkatt
2017-03-28, 08:43
Fast det verkar väl inte vara kaffe som är dödsorsaken, utan koffein från tabletter?

"For a person with body weight of 70 kg and 180 mg/L caffeine in blood, a simple calculation shows that there are 8.8 g caffeine absorbed and distributed in all body fluids and tissues (0.180 g/L × 0.7 L/kg × 70 kg). If one caffeine tablet contains 100 mg then a 70 kg person would need to swallow ~88 tablets to account for a postmortem blood concentration of 180 mg/L. "
[...]
"The manner of death whether accident, suicide or undetermined"

Jag har lite svårt att förstå hur man av misstag skulle kunna få i sig 88 st koffeintabletter...

Luca Brasi
2017-03-28, 11:02
Fast det verkar väl inte vara kaffe som är dödsorsaken, utan koffein från tabletter?

"For a person with body weight of 70 kg and 180 mg/L caffeine in blood, a simple calculation shows that there are 8.8 g caffeine absorbed and distributed in all body fluids and tissues (0.180 g/L × 0.7 L/kg × 70 kg). If one caffeine tablet contains 100 mg then a 70 kg person would need to swallow ~88 tablets to account for a postmortem blood concentration of 180 mg/L. "
[...]

Jag har lite svårt att förstå hur man av misstag skulle kunna få i sig 88 st koffeintabletter...
Knarka på koffein kanske.

AlexGBG
2017-03-28, 14:28

[...]

I bland annat USA finns det koffeinpulver, och i Tyngre Rubriker pratade dom om några doktorander (?) som hade råkat ge sina testpersoner 30g koffein istället för 300mg.

http://www.tyngre.se/podcasts/tyngre-rubriker/muta-barn-oeverdos-av-koffein-och-haelsotester-du-kan-goera-hemma/

King Grub
2017-03-28, 15:34
Det finns koffeinpulver här också. MyProtein t ex säljer rent koffein i pulverform på burk.

King Grub
2017-03-28, 15:40
Dom verkar ha tagit bort det. Men det var inte länge sedan.

AlexGBG
2017-03-28, 15:44
Det finns koffeinpulver här också. MyProtein t ex säljer rent koffein i pulverform på burk.

Dom verkar ha tagit bort det. Men det var inte länge sedan.

Kanske borttaget av en god anledning. Själv bor jag i ett land där det är otillåtet att sälja ens koffeintabletter med rent koffein, däremot är det inga problem utblandat i t.ex en PWO...

Luca Brasi
2017-03-28, 19:00
coffeine powder challenge...

upperkatt
2017-03-28, 19:59
I bland annat USA finns det koffeinpulver, och i Tyngre Rubriker pratade dom om några doktorander (?) som hade råkat ge sina testpersoner 30g koffein istället för 300mg.

http://www.tyngre.se/podcasts/tyngre-rubriker/muta-barn-oeverdos-av-koffein-och-haelsotester-du-kan-goera-hemma/

Just det, jag lyssnade på det avsnittet. Kanske vanligare där då.