handdator

Visa fullständig version : Stenåldersmänniskan åt flingor

King Grub
2016-09-26, 11:30
Significance

The starch record entrapped in dental calculus of Mesolithic human teeth from the site of Vlasac in the central Balkans provides direct evidence that complex Late Mesolithic foragers of this region consumed domesticated cereal grains. Our results challenge the established view of the Neolithization in Europe that domestic cereals were introduced to the Balkans around ∼6200 calibrated (cal.) BC as a part of a “package” that also included domesticated animals and artifacts, which accompanied the arrival of Neolithic communities. We infer that Neolithic domesticated plants were transmitted independently from the rest of Neolithic novelties from ∼6600 cal. BC onwards, reaching inland foragers deep in the Balkan hinterland through established social networks that linked forager and farmer groups.

Abstract

Researchers agree that domesticated plants were introduced into southeast Europe from southwest Asia as a part of a Neolithic “package,” which included domesticated animals and artifacts typical of farming communities. It is commonly believed that this package reached inland areas of the Balkans by ∼6200 calibrated (cal.) BC or later. Our analysis of the starch record entrapped in dental calculus of Mesolithic human teeth at the site of Vlasac in the Danube Gorges of the central Balkans provides direct evidence that already by ∼6600 cal. BC, if not earlier, Late Mesolithic foragers of this region consumed domestic cereals, such as Triticum monococcum, Triticum dicoccum, and Hordeum distichon, which were also the main crops found among Early Neolithic communities of southeast Europe. We infer that “exotic” Neolithic domesticated plants were introduced to southern Europe independently almost half a millennium earlier than previously thought, through networks that enabled exchanges between inland Mesolithic foragers and early farming groups found along the Aegean coast of Turkey.

Dental calculus reveals Mesolithic foragers in the Balkans consumed domesticated plant foods. PNAS September 13, 2016
vol. 113 no. 37.

http://www.pnas.org/content/113/37/10298.abstract

Klein
2016-09-26, 13:26
Mängden stärkelse i människans diet över tidens gång korrelerar antagligen med mängd koldioxid i luften och yttemperatur. Kost och verktyg bör huvudsakligen ses som en anpassning till miljön.

turppeden
2016-09-26, 21:03
Mängden stärkelse i människans diet över tidens gång korrelerar antagligen med mängd koldioxid i luften och yttemperatur.

Hur menar du då?

Sohlsken
2016-09-26, 22:31
Cereals är ju inte flingor, mannen. Cereals är ju säd, eller sädesslag... om inte svenskan har börjat använda ordet flingor och sädesslag synonymt.

JacobHeitmann
2016-09-26, 22:42
Cereals är ju inte flingor, mannen. Cereals är ju säd, eller sädesslag... om inte svenskan har börjat använda ordet flingor och sädesslag synonymt.

Shhhhh :D

https://static.mathem.se/shared/images/products/large/kalaspuffar-500g.jpg

en stor stark
2016-09-27, 00:50

"Stenåldersmänniskan åt säd".

Tihi :d

King Grub
2016-09-27, 01:14

Humorbefriad?

Sohlsken
2016-09-27, 02:11
Humorbefriad?

Inte alls, säd skulle både vara riktigt översatt och lustigt :3

Luca Brasi
2016-09-27, 10:53
Är det inte som så att man inte riktigt gjorde mjöl av proto sädeslagen?

Klein
2016-09-27, 11:37
Är det inte som så att man inte riktigt gjorde mjöl av proto sädeslagen?

Den primära jordbruksprodukten i de första civilisationerna i mellanöstern var iaf öl. Troligen är protojordbruksprodukten en fermenterad sörja gjord på sädeslag, vatten och en spottloska.

BobaFett
2016-09-29, 17:20
Heter det inte "cerealier"?