handdator

Visa fullständig version : NSAID farligare än vi tror

King Grub
2016-03-18, 08:51
Non-aspirin non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drugs (NSAIDs) have been used in clinical practice for more than a century and are among the most widely used drugs worldwide for the treatment of pain, fever, and inflammation.1,2 For decades, it has been known that many of these drugs can cause fluid retention and elevate blood pressure,3 thus increasing cardiovascular risk particularly in heart failure patients.4 However, the main worry in relation to the use of these agents has been gastrointestinal bleeding.5

Newer selective COX-2 inhibitors (coxibs) were developed as NSAIDs with reduced gastrointestinal toxicity, but retained analgesic and anti-inflammatory properties. Coxibs were tested in accordance to modern drug development regulations with large numbers of patients included in clinical trials. These trials demonstrated that rofecoxib,6–8 celecoxib,9 valdecoxib,10 and parecoxib10 increased the risk of cardiovascular complications. As a result, coxibs currently have very limited indications for use. Paradoxically, an older and relatively selective COX-2 inhibitor, diclofenac,11 continues to be one of the most widely used drugs worldwide and is in most countries sold over the counter.1 Mixed COX-1/COX-2 inhibitors such as ibuprofen and naproxen are also used widely and, without solid evidence, assumed to be safe. Given the current uncertainty regarding the safety of this class of agents and the rapidly accumulating data on their cardiovascular risks, this review summarizes the current evidence from randomized and observational studies on the cardiovascular safety of non-aspirin NSAIDs and presents a position for their use.

Cardiovascular safety of non-aspirin non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drugs: review and position paper by the working group for Cardiovascular Pharmacotherapy of the European Society of Cardiology. European Heart Journal 16 March 2016.

http://eurheartj.oxfordjournals.org/content/early/2015/09/27/eurheartj.ehv505

Many patients are prescribed NSAIDs for the treatment of painful conditions, fever and inflammation. But the treatment also comes with side effects, including the risk of ulcers and increased blood pressure. A major new study now gathers all research in the area. This shows that arthritis medicine is particularly dangerous for heart patients, and also that older types of arthritis medicine, which have not previously been in focus, also appear to be dangerous for the heart.

"It's been well-known for a number of years that newer types of NSAIDs -- what are known as COX-2 inhibitors, increase the risk of heart attacks. For this reason, a number of these newer types of NSAIDs have been taken off the market again. We can now see that some of the older NSAID types, particularly Diclofenac, are also associated with an increased risk of heart attack and apparently to the same extent as several of the types that were taken off the market," says Morten Schmidt, MD and PhD from Aarhus University, who is in charge of the research project.

https://www.sciencedaily.com/releases/2016/03/160317151140.htm

Morrris
2016-03-18, 09:58
Det är bra att belysa, men riskerna gäller framför allt människor med sviktande hjärta eller njurar. Selektiva COX-2 hämmare är ju däremot nåt man ska undvika överlag.

Luca Brasi
2016-03-18, 11:53
Jag har aldrig förstått varför non-aspirin NSAIDs är så populära i Sverige jämfört med aspirin.
Alvedon och Ipren verkar sälja oerhört mycket.

Sheogorath
2016-03-18, 13:36
Alvedon och Ipren är i kombination superb vid behandling av kortvarig smärta, särskilt om det finns en inflammatorisk komponent. Att man föredrar t.ex. ibuprofen framför acetylsalicylsyra är väl främst för att risken för blödningar i mag/tarm-kanalen anses vara mindre (någon får gärna rätta mig om jag har fel). Ibuprofen tolereras ofta bättre än säg diklofenak som annars är en mycket effektiv NSAID. Många som jobbar inom vården vet riskerna med NSAID och förskriver kortare kurer, t.ex. 5-10 dagar i kombination med t.ex. fysioterapi i de fall där det är relevant. Och undviker det till njursjuka, hjärtsjuka och äldre.

Luca Brasi
2016-03-18, 15:55
Alvedon och Ipren är i kombination superb vid behandling av kortvarig smärta, särskilt om det finns en inflammatorisk komponent. Att man föredrar t.ex. ibuprofen framför acetylsalicylsyra är väl främst för att risken för blödningar i mag/tarm-kanalen anses vara mindre (någon får gärna rätta mig om jag har fel). Ibuprofen tolereras ofta bättre än säg diklofenak som annars är en mycket effektiv NSAID. Många som jobbar inom vården vet riskerna med NSAID och förskriver kortare kurer, t.ex. 5-10 dagar i kombination med t.ex. fysioterapi i de fall där det är relevant. Och undviker det till njursjuka, hjärtsjuka och äldre.

Ett problem är kanske att folk inte behöver vårdanställda alls för att skriva ut NSIADs åt sig själva.

(Själv tycker jag att acetylsalicylsyra syra är mycket mer effektivt vid huvudvärk,speciellt med koffein.)

Anders The Peak
2016-03-18, 17:50
Kör man inte en studie (KI) på Ibuprofen 1200 mg/dag på unga idrottare just nu för att se om vilka effekter det har på återhämtning etc?

1200 mg är en låg dos och 2400 mg är en hög dos enligt FAS.

CapnMiler
2016-03-18, 18:26
Kör man inte en studie (KI) på Ibuprofen 1200 mg/dag på unga idrottare just nu för att se om vilka effekter det har på återhämtning etc?

1200 mg är en låg dos och 2400 mg är en hög dos enligt FAS.

Jo och man söker fortfarande efter deltagare.

The Effects of COX-inhibiting Drugs on Skeletal Muscle Adaptations to Resistance Exercise in Healthy Adults (NSAID2015)

This study is currently recruiting participants.
Verified January 2016 by Karolinska Institutet
Sponsor:
Karolinska Institutet
Information provided by (Responsible Party):
Tommy Lundberg, Karolinska Institutet

Purpose:
In this study, 40 (18-35 yrs) healthy human subjects will be randomised to consume 1200 mg ibuprofen or 75 mg acetylsalicylic acid daily during a training period of 8 weeks. During these weeks, subjects perform 2-3 supervised strength training sessions (knee extensions). Before and after training, muscle volume is measured by MRI, and muscle strength is assessed by isokinetic and isoinertial ergometers. Muscle biopsies are obtained from m. vastus lateralis to study gene and protein expression of markers regulating muscle protein turnover and prostaglandin synthesis.

https://clinicaltrials.gov/ct2/show/NCT02531451

Sheogorath
2016-03-18, 21:26
Ett problem är kanske att folk inte behöver vårdanställda alls för att skriva ut NSIADs åt sig själva.

(Själv tycker jag att acetylsalicylsyra syra är mycket mer effektivt vid huvudvärk,speciellt med koffein.)

Det är ju något att diskutera, definitivt. Å andra sidan står det i alla bipacksedlar att man inte ska överskrida maxdos och fem dagars sammanhängande behandling utan läkares ordination. Folk får ju ta lite ansvar själva också, kan jag tycka. Men du har en poäng ändå: att äta NSAID oregelbundet men frekvent är säkert inte alls bra det heller.