handdator

Visa fullständig version : Kokosolja och kardiovaskulära riskfaktorer

King Grub
2016-03-10, 13:57
Coconut oil is being heavily promoted as a healthy oil, with benefits that include support of heart health. To assess the merits of this claim, the literature on the effect of coconut consumption on cardiovascular risk factors and outcomes in humans was reviewed. Twenty-one research papers were identified for inclusion in the review: 8 clinical trials and 13 observational studies. The majority examined the effect of coconut oil or coconut products on serum lipid profiles. Coconut oil generally raised total and low-density lipoprotein cholesterol to a greater extent than cis unsaturated plant oils, but to a lesser extent than butter. The effect of coconut consumption on the ratio of total cholesterol to high-density lipoprotein cholesterol was often not examined. Observational evidence suggests that consumption of coconut flesh or squeezed coconut in the context of traditional dietary patterns does not lead to adverse cardiovascular outcomes. However, due to large differences in dietary and lifestyle patterns, these findings cannot be applied to a typical Western diet. Overall, the weight of the evidence from intervention studies to date suggests that replacing coconut oil with cis unsaturated fats would alter blood lipid profiles in a manner consistent with a reduction in risk factors for cardiovascular disease.

Coconut oil consumption and cardiovascular risk factors in humans. Nutrition Reviews, 5 March 2016.

http://nutritionreviews.oxfordjournals.org/content/early/2016/03/05/nutrit.nuw002

cero
2016-03-10, 15:13
Vad menas med "cis" omättade fetter i sista meningen?

Xtreme-G
2016-03-10, 15:30
Vad menas med "cis" omättade fetter i sista meningen?

"motsatsen" till trans.
http://homepage.smc.edu/wissmann_paul/humanbiology/pic3.jpg

Sverker
2016-03-10, 18:39
Det är bara ett sett att skriva att man inte tog med transfett.

Det som skiljer kokosfettet från de andra vegetabiliska fetterna är laurinsyran men jag kan tänka mig att det är myristinsyran som påverkar LDL.

Bandid0
2016-03-10, 20:36
Effekten på HDL fanns inte med i de flesta studier och det är ju en tydlig brist. Jag fortsätter äta stora mängder kokosolja, tror inte ett dugg på att det skulle vara onyttigt.