handdator

Visa fullständig version : Ägg, kolesterol och kopplingar till hjärt- och kärlsjukdom

King Grub
2016-02-11, 11:58
Background:

In general populations, the effects of dietary cholesterol on blood cholesterol concentrations are modest. However, the relation is stronger in those with an ɛ4 allele in the apolipoprotein E gene (APOE). There is little information on the association between cholesterol intake and the risk of coronary artery disease (CAD) among those with the ApoE4 phenotype.

Objective:

We investigated the associations of intakes of cholesterol and eggs, a major source of dietary cholesterol, with carotid intima-media thickness and the risk of incident CAD in middle-aged and older men from eastern Finland.

Design:

The study included 1032 men aged 42–60 y in 1984–1989 at the baseline examinations of the prospective, population-based Kuopio Ischaemic Heart Disease Risk Factor Study. Data on common carotid artery intima-media thickness (CCA-IMT) were available for 846 men. Dietary intakes were assessed with 4-d food records. Associations with incident CAD and baseline CCA-IMT were analyzed by using Cox regression and ANCOVA, respectively.

Results:

The ApoE4 phenotype was found in 32.5% of the men. During the average follow-up of 20.8 y, 230 CAD events occurred. Egg or cholesterol intakes were not associated with the risk of CAD. Each 1 additional egg (55 g)/d was associated with a multivariable-adjusted HR of 1.17 (95% CI: 0.85, 1.61) in the ApoE4 noncarriers and an HR of 0.93 (95% CI: 0.50, 1.72) in the ApoE4 carriers (P-interaction = 0.34). Each 100-mg/d higher cholesterol intake was associated with an HR of 1.04 (95% CI: 0.89, 1.22) in the ApoE4 noncarriers and an HR of 0.95 (95% CI: 0.73, 1.25) in the ApoE4 carriers (P-interaction = 0.81). Egg or cholesterol intakes were also not associated with increased CCA-IMT.

Conclusion:

Egg or cholesterol intakes were not associated with increased CAD risk, even in ApoE4 carriers (i.e., in highly susceptible individuals).

Associations of egg and cholesterol intakes with carotid intima-media thickness and risk of incident coronary artery disease according to apolipoprotein E phenotype in men: the Kuopio Ischaemic Heart Disease Risk Factor Study. Am J Clin Nutr February 10, 2016.

http://ajcn.nutrition.org/content/early/2016/02/10/ajcn.115.122317.full.pdf+html

Pinarello
2016-02-11, 19:49
Så vad åt dessa försökspersoner i övrigt, förutom ägg? Äter man redan en kolesterolrik kost så påverkar inte ett par ägg extra kolesterolnivåerna särskilt mycket. Man når en platå. Däremot om man äter noll kolesterol i vanliga fall så skjuter kolesterolvärdet i höjden av ägg. Särskilt om man är genetiskt predisponerad för högt kolesterolvärde

AquaRegia
2016-02-12, 10:31
Så vad åt dessa försökspersoner i övrigt, förutom ägg? Äter man redan en kolesterolrik kost så påverkar inte ett par ägg extra kolesterolnivåerna särskilt mycket. Man når en platå. Däremot om man äter noll kolesterol i vanliga fall så skjuter kolesterolvärdet i höjden av ägg. Särskilt om man är genetiskt predisponerad för högt kolesterolvärde

Du menar alltså att man skulle få ett högre kolesterolvärde om man åt mindre kolesterol, bara för att man åt just ägg?

Beemel
2016-02-12, 11:24
Du menar alltså att man skulle få ett högre kolesterolvärde om man åt mindre kolesterol, bara för att man åt just ägg?

Räknar man i procent av nivåerna innan intag så stämmer det kanske. Men i faktiskt värde, nja....

Säg att ett ägg ökar nivåerna med 1
har man nivå 10 innan så ökar det med 10%
Har man nivå 2 innan så ökar det med 50%

Men det ökar i båda fallen fortfarande med 1.

(Observera att det är helt påhittade siffror tagna som exempel)

maqan
2016-02-14, 20:31
Jag är själv ApoE4-homozygot och hade vid senaste provtagningen ett totalkolesterol på 10.2, men dock med en bra kvot mellan HDL/LDL och ApoA/ApoB. Hur som helst så är jag lite kluven till hur hälsosamt det egentligen är med såpass höga kolesterolnivåer. Värt att nämna är att jag äter en förhållandevis fettrik kost någonting i stil med liberal LCHF.

adde
2016-02-15, 07:42
Jag är själv ApoE4-homozygot och hade vid senaste provtagningen ett totalkolesterol på 10.2, men dock med en bra kvot mellan HDL/LDL och ApoA/ApoB. Hur som helst så är jag lite kluven till hur hälsosamt det egentligen är med såpass höga kolesterolnivåer. Värt att nämna är att jag äter en förhållandevis fettrik kost någonting i stil med liberal LCHF.

Är du utredd för familjär hyperkolesterolemi?

maqan
2016-02-16, 20:05
Är du utredd för familjär hyperkolesterolemi?

Ja, så är inte fallet. Jag har gjort ganska extensiva gentester.