handdator

Visa fullständig version : Zombieinfektioner - epidemiologi, behandling och förebyggande åtgärder

King Grub
2015-12-16, 14:40
Zombies—also known as walkers, Zed, Zs, biters, geeks, stiffs, roamers, Zeke, ghouls, rotters, Zoms, and runners—have become a dominant part of the medical landscape. Zombie expert Matt Mogk defines a zombie with three criteria: it is a reanimated human corpse; it is relentlessly aggressive; and it is biologically infected and infectious But Mogk notes that this definition has been altered by the recognition of “rage” zombies, which are infected but still alive. They are more closely related to vampires infected with the contagious bacterium Bacillus vampiris. Here, I review zombie biology and epidemiology.

The documented rise of multiple zombie pathogens should be a wake-up call to the international community that we need additional funding and cooperation among scientists and government officials to tackle the looming threat of apocalyptic disease. We need a frank discussion of the ethical and potential criminal problems associated with dealing with zombies. Will people be prosecuted for killing a zombie or a person who has been bitten but has not yet “turned”? Is mass quarantine of those who have been exposed to a zombie but not bitten legal? How would it be achieved?

For the sake of humanity we must ensure that such a war does not occur and that we work together as a unified global community to respond quickly to any and all new zombie threats.

Zombie infections: epidemiology, treatment, and prevention. BMJ 2015; 351 :h6423

http://www.bmj.com/content/351/bmj.h6423

PureWhey
2015-12-16, 14:43
Haha :)
Något jag har tänkt på: När en stor del av befolkningen har blivit smittad, hur överlever Z'sen? Eller behöver dom inte kalorier?

0x5f3759df
2015-12-16, 14:46
Är det troligt att ett "zombievirus" skulle kunna uppstå naturligt och inte framforskat i ett labb?

Bärsärk
2015-12-16, 14:48
Ge mig en skarp yxa och zombie huvuden kommer rulla.

LoveMachine
2015-12-16, 20:49
Är det troligt att ett "zombievirus" skulle kunna uppstå naturligt och inte framforskat i ett labb?

Bedömt ungefär lika troligt som att det uppstår i ett lab, inte alls troligt. Men det finns gott om parasiter som angriper insekter och fiskar med resultat att deras beteenden förändras på sådana sätt att det gynnar parasiten.

http://news.nationalgeographic.com/news/2014/10/141031-zombies-parasites-animals-science-halloween/