handdator

Visa fullständig version : Gym with several power racks in Stockholm

Shuank
2015-05-09, 11:53
Hello !
I'm a beginner that started Stronglifts 5x5 a few months ago, now i'm at week 15 and i got to the point where i can injure myself bench pressing or squatting if i dont do it inside of a power rack.

I'm using SATS, which only has one power rack per gym, so often i have to wait a lot to use one, and even if i'm using one then i can't really take it for my whole workout, since is really the only one avaliable...

I live in Midsommarkransen and i work by Radmansgatan, so a gym near to any of those two locations would be okay for me.

Any suggestions?

Thank you!

Bärsärk
2015-05-09, 12:15
Kan du inte prova skriva på svenska?

Dav0d
2015-05-09, 12:17

Det var då en mäktigt idiotisk kommentar.

2015-05-09, 12:21
Jag antar svenska inte är första språk :)

Just ask a friendly soul to spot you. The Swedes might look distray but they are usually polite and friendly and will happily help you out! You might even make a new friend. You might also want to learn how to dump the bar safely while doing back squats for those times when you want to train alone.

Blaine
2015-05-09, 12:39

Come on, Mr. Berserk.

Bärsärk
2015-05-09, 12:42
Det var då en mäktigt idiotisk kommentar.

Varför? Många kan men vill inte för de tror inte att de kan göra sig förstådda, men vi är väl många här som kan hjälpa till :)

Shuank
2015-05-09, 12:51
Hi. Sorry. i'm not trying to break the forum rules.
I speak 3 languages, unfortunately Swedish is not one of them yet.

I can google translate stuff, but in my experience that results in broken Swedish, so i think you guys probably prefer me to write English.

Spotting is a good option and Swedes are indeed helpful, however i find it a bit unacceptable that SATS only has one power rack, they're not a cheap gym. But clearly their focus is not on lifting, so i'd like to find a suitable gym.

Any hints on gyms in the areas mentioned are really welcome, thanks.

Bärsärk
2015-05-09, 12:58
Its ok, i thought you could speak Swedish but only a little and didn't even want to try.

I think its important to learn what form you are in, some days you just cant go super heavy and there is no point in trying. But should you feel the need to max out once in a while, then just ask for spotter.

micke81
2015-05-09, 13:03
Sorry cant help you with your question, however i think you are much better of learning to lift without a powerrack,and when you realy want to push your luck you just need to ask someone to assist you.

2015-05-09, 13:06
Its ok, i thought you could speak Swedish but only a little and didn't even want to try.

I think its important to learn what form you are in, some days you just cant go super heavy and there is no point in trying. But should you feel the need to max out once in a while, then just ask for spotter.

Shuank tränar efter stronglifts så mål är progression varje träning. Det är frustrerande och tidskonsumerande att försöka få folk förstå om en har begränsad kunskap i språket. Tid bättre spenderad träna språket inte få information om träningsfråga :)

2015-05-09, 13:09
Hi. Sorry. i'm not trying to break the forum rules.
I speak 3 languages, unfortunately Swedish is not one of them yet.

I can google translate stuff, but in my experience that results in broken Swedish, so i think you guys probably prefer me to write English.

Spotting is a good option and Swedes are indeed helpful, however i find it a bit unacceptable that SATS only has one power rack, they're not a cheap gym. But clearly their focus is not on lifting, so i'd like to find a suitable gym.

Any hints on gyms in the areas mentioned are really welcome, thanks.

There are many gyms in that area. Have you tried SATS by spårvagnshallarna? They have more olympic barbells and racks than most of their gyms I think, I do not know how busy it is or if they have more than one power rack though.

Other gyms that might or might not be good for you:
Friskis&Svettis Sveavägen
Delta Gym Odenplan somewhere I think, lots of "serious fitness people" train there.

dauit
2015-05-09, 13:10
Learn to squat and fail without a squatrack. Just let the bar roll down the back and make a quick leep forward at the same time. I've never failed with it,

PureWhey
2015-05-09, 13:13
Learn to squat and fail without a squatrack. Just let the bar roll down the back and make a quick leep forward at the same time. I've never failed with it,

Not easy if you've got a squat style that includes alot of anterior tilting.

willis
2015-05-09, 14:00
PowerClub (http://gymleco.net/pc/wp/) on Holländargatan 31 (near the subway Rådmansgatan) is a great gym that has 3 power racks.

J.V
2015-05-09, 14:57
Granted they haven't opened yet, but keep an eye out for the opening of Gymmet Stockholm. At their two other locations they've got 5-6 power racks as well as an half rack (with safety bars) at each place, and that's in two small cities - the one opening in Stockholm should be pretty good too. ;) They're opening August 1 at Årsta Hamnväg on Liljeholmen.

https://www.facebook.com/gymmetsthlm?fref=nf
http://gymmet.nu/stockholm

Shuank
2015-05-09, 15:04
There are many gyms in that area. Have you tried SATS by spårvagnshallarna? They have more olympic barbells and racks than most of their gyms I think, I do not know how busy it is or if they have more than one power rack though.

Other gyms that might or might not be good for you:
Friskis&Svettis Sveavägen
Delta Gym Odenplan somewhere I think, lots of "serious fitness people" train there.

I go to the one in spårvagnshallarna, they only have one rack. Thanks for the suggestions!

Shuank
2015-05-09, 15:05
PowerClub (http://gymleco.net/pc/wp/) on Holländargatan 31 (near the subway Rådmansgatan) is a great gym that has 3 power racks.

This looks excellent, the membership is also half as much as SATS.

I'm gonna go take a look, thanks a lot!

Shuank
2015-05-09, 15:06
Granted they haven't opened yet, but keep an eye out for the opening of Gymmet Stockholm. At their two other locations they've got 5-6 power racks as well as an half rack (with safety bars) at each place, and that's in two small cities - the one opening in Stockholm should be pretty good too. ;) They're opening August 1 at Årsta Hamnväg on Liljeholmen.

https://www.facebook.com/gymmetsthlm?fref=nf
http://gymmet.nu/stockholm

This looks great, i love a walk from Liljeholem to home aswell.

Thank you!

kebne
2015-05-09, 15:10
Kolo delivers! Welcome to the family shuank!

bubbaklubba
2015-05-09, 15:48
Gymmet verkar ju klockrent.

Det borde öppna en på västra sidan.

Sniggel
2015-05-09, 17:04

I think it´s too early to advise someone to "learn how to fail safely". You need to be very conscious of your body and the exercises to be confident in the event of a fail. To "fail in the right way". Shuank has too little experience under the bar for that. Better to make sure that failing only can occur with spotters or in a squat rack. That way ha can fail miserably (falling back/falling forward/getting stuck at the bottom, etc) and the spotters or the squat rack can save him from making his disks fly out of his spine and knock peoples PWO drinks out of their hands.

Bärsärk
2015-05-09, 17:20
Also if you want to push beyond the limits i can recommend smith machine squats or hack squats, you can fail without risking any major injury.

rooz
2015-05-09, 18:51
Also if you want to push beyond the limits i can recommend smith machine squats or hack squats, you can fail without risking any major injury.

Don't do this. This post is so far beyond stupid that it blows my mind.

Hövdingen
2015-05-09, 19:11

Det här måste vara sämsta tipset någonsin på den brädan. Eller?

Bärsärk
2015-05-09, 19:13
Don't do this. This post is so far beyond stupid that it blows my mind.

Ja se upp för den livsfarliga smithmaskinen :smash:

https://www.t-nation.com/training/why-i-love-the-smith-machine

rooz
2015-05-09, 19:21
Ja se upp för den livsfarliga smithmaskinen :smash:

https://www.t-nation.com/training/why-i-love-the-smith-machine

Oh, look! A link to T-nation!

C'mon, you don't see a problem with overloading weights and fail in a smith machine?

Bärsärk
2015-05-09, 19:25
Oh, look! A link to T-nation!

C'mon, you don't see a problem with overloading weights and fail in a smith machine?

The author is John Meadows, a man i respect for his knowledge. He is a long time veteran and competitor.

Maybe a new name for you, but not for me.

I never once said overloading weights, you dont need to overload to fail :) I recommend using lighter weight if you are going to failure.

willis
2015-05-09, 19:31

This looks excellent, the membership is also half as much as SATS.

I'm gonna go take a look, thanks a lot!

I might have mistaken myself as I haven't been to PowerClub in many months now but I kept thinking about this and it came to my mind that they actually only have 1 power rack. Although they have 3 squat racks on lifting platforms so the power rack is usually free.