handdator

Visa fullständig version : Vassleproteintillskott för muskelmassa och hälsa

King Grub
2015-03-12, 19:39
Skeletal muscle is an integral body tissue playing key roles in strength, performance, physical function, and metabolic regulation. It is essential for athletes to ensure that they have optimal amounts of muscle mass to ensure peak performance in their given sport. However, the role of maintaining muscle mass during weight loss and as we age is an emerging concept, having implications in chronic disease prevention, functional capacity, and quality of life. Higher-protein diets have been shown to: (1) promote gains in muscle mass, especially when paired with resistance training; (2) spare muscle mass loss during caloric restriction; and (3) attenuate the natural loss of muscle mass that accompanies aging. Protein quality is important to the gain and maintenance of muscle mass. Protein quality is a function of protein digestibility, amino acid content, and the resulting amino acid availability to support metabolic function. Whey protein is one of the highest-quality proteins given its amino acid content (high essential, branched-chain, and leucine amino acid content) and rapid digestibility. Consumption of whey protein has a robust ability to stimulate muscle protein synthesis. In fact, whey protein has been found to stimulate muscle protein synthesis to a greater degree than other proteins such as casein and soy. This review examines the existing data supporting the role for protein consumption, with an emphasis on whey protein, in the regulation of muscle mass and body composition in response to resistance training, caloric restriction, and aging.

we view the available evidence as being strongly suggestive that whey protein is superior to other protein types in stimulating MPS following a bout of resistance exercise and inducing muscle hypertrophy with resistance training.

J Food Sci. 2015 Mar;80 Suppl 1:A8-A15. Supplemental protein in support of muscle mass and health: advantage whey.

Hela artikeln:

http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/enhanced/doi/10.1111/1750-3841.12802/

Seedstream
2015-03-12, 23:28
Räknas protein i mat som "other protein types", isåfall är det ju ett rätt starkt argument för proteinpulver + mat.

Ola Wallengren
2015-03-13, 11:14
Jämförelserna är främst mellan vassle-, kasein-, soja- och risprotein, alla i pulverform. Så det går inte riktigt att uttala sig om "matprotein". Om intaget av "matprotein" är tillräckligt högt så är det osäkert (eller snarare osannolikt) om pulvertillskott, oavsett källa, har någon effekt.

PureWhey
2015-03-13, 12:49
Ännu en artikel med goda resultat för mitt kära vassle.

cero
2015-03-13, 17:43
Jämförelserna är främst mellan vassle-, kasein-, soja- och risprotein, alla i pulverform. Så det går inte riktigt att uttala sig om "matprotein". Om intaget av "matprotein" är tillräckligt högt så är det osäkert (eller snarare osannolikt) om pulvertillskott, oavsett källa, har någon effekt.

Varför inte ta med t ex äggprotein, biffprotein osv i jämförelsen?

PureWhey
2015-03-13, 18:52
Varför inte ta med t ex äggprotein, biffprotein osv i jämförelsen?

Brist på studier kanske, eller så uteslöt dom de formerna helt enkelt.

Ola Wallengren
2015-03-14, 13:25
Precis, finns inga studier.