handdator

Visa fullständig version : Varför slutar 5x5 avta och vart går man sen?

Sansad
2015-01-24, 20:22
Har nu till Februari styrketränat i ca 2 år. Började med bro-split, gick över till ppl och har efter det kört på SL 5x5 sen november ungefär.

Motiveringen till SL var för att jag var intresserad utav såpass frekvent och helkropps träning eftersom det är något jag tror på sen ville jag bli bra mycket bättre på knäböj vilket jag tyckte att jag blev då jag ökade iaf från 60kg 5x5 till 102,5kg 5x5 efter drygt en månad.

Men nu är knäböjen enormt trög och har fastnat på 105kg riktigt länge (kör utan bälte). Bänken är på 80kg x 1 och marken på ca 110kg x 1.

Så att öka på SL 5x5 sättet med 2,5kg varje pass finns liksom inte, det går inte. 5x5 som sets och reps känns förjävligt nu och man vill bara gå hem istället, innan var det tvärtom.

Så i vad för riktning går man nu när det gäller schema/upplägg?

Satsar på att bli både stor och framförallt stark just nu, är mer inne på powerlifting än bodybuilding om jag skulle tävla i något i framtiden. Så om någon skulle kunna leda in mig på rätt spår hade jag vart rikligt tacksam för just nu är jag vilsen! *gah!*

PrimalAeon
2015-01-24, 21:09
Gå ner till 5set med 3 reps. Då kan du nog mjölka lite till

Diomedea exulans
2015-01-24, 21:38
Gå ner till 5set med 3 reps. Då kan du nog mjölka lite till

Jag tror det är rekommenderat att gå ner till 3 set med 5 reps, och när det inte längre går så kör man på 1 set med 5 reps. Och när det inte går så hoppar man på MadCow, Texas Method eller Stronglifts Intermediate.

PrimalAeon
2015-01-25, 00:57
Alltid tyckt det låtit märkligt. Varför skulle mindre volym hjälpa? http://www.strengtheory.com/making-your-novice-strength-training-routine-more-effective-two-quick-tips/

Diomedea exulans
2015-01-25, 00:59
Alltid tyckt det låtit märkligt. Varför skulle mindre volym hjälpa? http://www.strengtheory.com/making-your-novice-strength-training-routine-more-effective-two-quick-tips/

Tanken är väl att återhämtningen blir mindre lidande.

PrimalAeon
2015-01-25, 01:02
Märkligt uttalande av mig. 5set 3or är ju också en reduktion av volymen ;) läggdags tror jag

delizh
2015-01-25, 02:09
Prova att gå 5x5 tilll stopp
Sänk kanske 10kg gör 3x5 till stopp
Sänk 10kg igen kanske gör 5x3 till stopp
Sänk 10kg igen och gör 3x3 till stopp
Sen vet jag inte :) maxa?

J.V
2015-01-25, 02:26
Sänk vikterna 10kg och "börja om" för att få semi-vila men ändå köra tungt, fortsätt öka 2.5kg per pass och när du väl är tillbaka på nuvarande vikter så går du förhoppningsvis nuvarande stopp.

Alternativt sänk repsantalet och höj vikten för att få in viktvanan och förhoppningsvis få den mentala spärren att släppa. Mata några pass med tre reps och/ eller singlar på tyngre vikter än nuvarande du har på 5x5 för att efter det återgå till 5x5.

F Ultra
2015-01-25, 02:33
Madcow om varför man kör stegrande sets i hans nybörjar program (det som brukar benämnas som Madcow) och då kör samma program vecka in och vecka ut medan man i hans program för avancerade kör raka sets men då måste köra med periodisering:
Quote posted by Madcow2
Quote posted by TheOak84
i was also thinking, this program would work better for me if the workouts were every 72 hrs, rather then 48.

or is it the every other day style that makes this routine work?

It's the amount of load over a period. If you space the workouts more (decrease frequency) you significantly decrease the load (volume/intensity yielding a total poundage number) over the same fixed period. It's probably helpful to calculate load in the form of total pounds lifted in the core lifts over a single cycle (1 week/3 workouts). You'll find a significant decrease is total pounds lifted over the same week if you opt for lowering the frequency. This results in less stimulus (also less fatigue because of more recovery time) but the idea is to get as much proper stimulus as you can (overreach) and then deload and disapate the fatigue and allow adaptation. This is why load calculations are used so frequently in athletics and OL, you can compare the total amount of work being done between periods (obviously the lifts have to be comparable like not leg press poundages vs. squat or some such).

Something you might find interesting. Compare a program where one squats 5x5 3x per week with a given set weight (similar to a heavy loading phase of the BS 5x5 except that the Wed workout isn't deceased for simplicity). The calcs are below and you will see exactly why the novice 5x5 program with the same frequency doesn't overtrain or accrue too much fatigue and why the other version does. The load being applied is drastically different. This is also why I generally have someone use the ramping method to a single heavy set of 5 one day per week and then as they gradually become more experienced and can tolerate higher loads add volume by moving toward 5x5 with constant weight on M/F rather than just the Monday workout. It's a happy medium and makes the program more doable for a wider range of people - this is kind of important since BBers these days tend to favor the 1x per week frequency on each lift and haven't really built up much capacity to handle a lot of load. It's still a hard program but most experienced lifters find it doable.

Basic Math:
-Assume a squat max of 240,
-60% of 1RM is 144 to be used when determining the most significant sets applied
-Assume we only look at the squat but realize that this type of difference will accrue through all the core exercises resulting in a similar total difference.

5x5 with Constant Weight:
5x5 with 200 = 5000 lbs per session
3 sessions per week = 15000 lbs load
Weekly Total Counting > 60% Weights = 15000lbs
<note - if you did the 10% less on Wed you'd wind up with 14500lbs so not worth making the math hard for this example>

5x5 with progessive weights using the novice BS 5x5:
MONDAY:
120x5 = 600
140x5 = 700
160x5 = 800
180x5 = 900
200x5 = 1000
Total = 4000lbs
WEDNESDAY:
120x5 = 600
140x5 = 700
160x5 = 800
160x5 = 800
Total = 2900lbs.
FRIDAY:
120x5 = 600
140x5 = 700
160x5 = 800
180x5 = 900
210x3 = 630
Total = 3630lbs
Weekly Total = 10530lbs
Weekly Total Counting > 60% Weights = 6630lbs

Novice Weekly Total = 10530 (70% of Periodized 15000lbs load)
Novice Weekly Total Counting > 60% Weights = 6630lbs (44% of original 15000lbs load)

So just from pure poundage we are at about 70% and this assumes no warmups for the straight 5x5. This is actually much more significant because many of the sets being done are at intensity levels (%of 1RM) that are not very taxing and really don't play much of a factor (some training systems only use lifts over a given % like 70 or 80 to calculate loads and this slashes a lot of the ramped weighting scheme's total i.e. 60% 1RM or greater lifts come to 6630lbs vs. 15000lbs which is now 44% of the original 5x5 load).