handdator

Visa fullständig version : Kaffe på morgonen - effekter på aptit, magsäckstömning och energiintag

King Grub
2014-09-15, 09:10
INTRODUCTION:

Coffee is one of the most widely consumed beverages in the world and has a number of potential health benefits. Coffee may influence energy expenditure and energy intake, which in turn may affect body weight. However, the influence of coffee and its constituents - particularly caffeine and chlorogenic acids - on appetite remains largely unexplored.

PURPOSE:

The objective of this study was to examine the impact of coffee consumption (with and without caffeine) on appetite sensations, energy intake, gastric emptying, and plasma glucose between breakfast and lunch meals.

METHODS:

This study utilised a double-blind, randomised crossover design. Participants (n = 12, 9 women; Mean±SD age and BMI: 26.3 ± 6.3 y and 22.7 ± 2.2 kg•m-2) completed 4 trials: placebo (PLA), decaffeinated coffee (DECAF), caffeine (CAF), and caffeine with decaffeinated coffee (COF). Participants were given a standardised breakfast labelled with 13C-octanoic acid and 225 mL of treatment beverage and a capsule containing either caffeine or placebo. 2 h later, another 225 mL of the treatment beverage and capsule was administered. 4.5 h after breakfast, participants were given access to an ad libitum meal for determination of energy intake. Between meals, participants provided exhaled breath samples for determination of gastric emptying every 15 min; venous blood (for examination of glucose) and appetite sensations (via visual analogue scales) were collected every hour.

RESULTS:

Energy intake was not significantly different between the trials (Means ± SD, p > 0.05; Placebo: 2118 ± 663 kJ; Decaf: 2128 ± 739 kJ; Caffeine: 2287 ± 649 kJ; Coffee: 2016 ± 750 kJ); Other than main effects of time (p < 0.05), no significant differences were detected for appetite sensations or plasma glucose between treatments (p > 0.05). Gastric emptying was not significantly different across trials (p > 0.05).

CONCLUSIONS:

Utilising an ecologically valid design, no significant effects of decaffeinated coffee, caffeine or their combination were detected on gastric emptying, appetite sensations, glucose, and energy intake. However, the consumption of caffeine and/or coffee for regulation of energy balance over longer periods of time warrant further investigation.

Appetite. 2014 Sep 10. Coffee for morning hunger pangs: an examination of coffee and caffeine on appetite, gastric emptying, and energy intake.

RobinEH
2014-09-15, 21:20
Härligt. Blir till att läsa igenom under morgondagen mellan allt annat plugg.

RobinEH
2014-09-23, 21:35
Står att den varit tillgänglig sedan den sextonde men jag lyckades då inte få fram den runt det datumet. Synd att det likt tidigare är så få deltagare dock. Majoriteten kvinnor vilka i Tremblays tidigare studie 1988 inte upplevde någon limitering av energiintag av koffein vid följande mål ad libitium, olikt män. Samtidigt som Tremblays studie undersökte en mer akut effekt (mål ~30 min efter koffeinintag) än vad som gjordes i denna (mål ~2,5h efter koffeinintag).

Morty
2014-09-24, 01:06
Dagens två frågor: Varför fick koffein+kaffe-gruppen inte vanligt kaffe och vad drack placebogruppen? Kommer ligga sömnlös.

RobinEH
2014-09-24, 07:58
Dagens två frågor: Varför fick koffein+kaffe-gruppen inte vanligt kaffe och vad drack placebogruppen? Kommer ligga sömnlös.

Från table 1 i metodbeskrivningen:

Condition : Beverage : Capsules
Placebo (PLA) : Water : Placebo (Metamucil®)
Caffeine (CAF) : Water : Caffeine
Coffee + CAF (COF) : Decaffeinated coffee : Caffeine
Decaffeinated coffee (DECAF): Decaffeinated coffee : Placebo (Metamucil®)

Anledningen till att de gav koffeinkapslar till koffeinfritt kaffe istället för att ge dem vanligt kaffe beror på skillnad i smak och lukt.
Capsules were used to mask the detection of the presence of caffeine dissolved in water or subtle differences between regular and decaffeinated coffee.

Hoppas du fick lite sömn i vart fall.

Morty
2014-09-24, 09:23
älska vetenskap, det är nästan aldrig på något sätt förvånande eller exalterande i metoderna :D Förutom den där studien där deltagarna i intervention-gruppen fick "full dose muffin". Det ägde.

R Scarpa27
2014-09-25, 07:44
älska vetenskap, det är nästan aldrig på något sätt förvånande eller exalterande i metoderna :D Förutom den där studien där deltagarna i intervention-gruppen fick "full dose muffin". Det ägde.

hahaha +1

King Grub
2014-09-25, 07:45
Det verkar vara en viss forskare som har förkärlek för full dose muffins:

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/?term=%22full+dose+muffins%22