handdator

Visa fullständig version : Större biotillgänglighet hos kalciumbundet HMB än hos HMB i fri form

King Grub
2014-08-21, 07:34
β-Hydroxy-β-methylbutyrate (HMB) supplementation has been demonstrated to enhance muscle protein synthesis and attenuate loss of muscle mass by multiple pathways. The beneficial effects of HMB have been studied by using either calcium salt, monohydrate, of HMB (CaHMB) or the free acid form (FAHMB). The present study was designed to compare the pharmacokinetics and relative bioavailability of the 2 forms of HMB administered as a liquid suspension in male Sprague-Dawley rats. CaHMB at 30, 100, and 300 mg/kg and equivalent doses of FAHMB at 24.2, 80.8, and 242 mg/kg were administered orally as a liquid suspension to male Sprague-Dawley rats. A single i.v. dose of 5 mg/kg CaHMB, corresponding to an equivalent dose of 4.04 mg/kg FAHMB, was also administered. Plasma concentrations of HMB were analyzed by liquid chromatography tandem mass spectrometry, and pharmacokinetic variables and relative bioavailability of the 2 forms of HMB were determined. After oral administration, the area under the plasma concentration time curve (AUC) from time 0 to time t (0-t) and from time 0 to infinity (0-∞) and the maximum (peak) plasma concentration (Cmax) for CaHMB were significantly greater than for FAHMB, whereas the time to reach Cmax did not differ from that of FAHMB. The relative bioavailability of CaHMB was 49%, 54%, and 27% greater than that of FAHMB for the 3 respective oral doses tested. After i.v. administration, the AUCs 0-t and 0-∞ of the calcium salt were significantly greater than those of FAHMB. The relative bioavailability of CaHMB was 80% greater than that of FAHMB. The higher relative bioavailability of CaHMB may be attributable to its low systemic clearance compared with FAHMB. This study demonstrates the enhanced relative bioavailability of CaHMB compared with FAHMB. Further studies are warranted to understand the physiologic mechanisms contributing to the differences in systemic clearance.

The Relative Bioavailability of the Calcium Salt of β-Hydroxy-β-Methylbutyrate Is Greater Than That of the Free Fatty Acid Form in Rats. J. Nutr. August 20, 2014.

http://jn.nutrition.org/content/early/2014/08/20/jn.114.196527.full.pdf+html

BobaFett
2014-08-21, 10:00
http://i1.kym-cdn.com/photos/images/original/000/173/576/Wat8.jpg

Snubben
2014-08-21, 10:16
Haha :D

Jaha, där ser man. Då kanske man ska vänta med att köpa HMB för 700 SEK som räcker i en månad...

BobaFett
2014-08-21, 20:18
Haha :D

Jaha, där ser man. Då kanske man ska vänta med att köpa HMB för 700 SEK som räcker i en månad...

Jag köpte precis en burk till *gah!*

Aja on topic, varför säger den här studien att HMBCa är mer biotillgängligt när tidigare studier visat motsatsen? Sponsrade studier av HMBFa-tillverkare eller vad?

Den här är gjord på möss där de, om jag förstått det rätt, sprutat in HMB intravenöst. Eller Fa fick de dricka men Ca gavs som dropp. Har jag missuppfattat?

j0nisch
2014-08-21, 21:53
Det här med biotillgänglighet.. Menas det att HMB i kalciumbunden form ger högre halter i blodet än HMB i fri form, om man intar samma mängd oralt? Så att man i så fall behöver ta en större dos fri HMB för att nå samma halt? :)

EiseltUK
2014-08-22, 22:04
Det här med biotillgänglighet.. Menas det att HMB i kalciumbunden form ger högre halter i blodet än HMB i fri form, om man intar samma mängd oralt? Så att man i så fall behöver ta en större dos fri HMB för att nå samma halt? :)

Det är som med kreatin och ganska mycket annat. Tas det upp snabbt så ger den en rejäl plasmapeak men utsöndras desto snabbare. Ett långsammare upptag brukar vara bättre men med vissa undantag så klart.

Min teori är att du skulle behöva ta HMB-Fa mer regelbundet, dvs små doser oftare.... och i slutändan ger det troligen samma effekt som Ca-HMB som ger en "time-release"-effekt. Det skulle behövas en till oberoende studie.