handdator

Visa fullständig version : Påverkan på anaerob prestationsförmåga av att ha diabetes typ 2 i släkten

King Grub
2014-07-22, 09:44
AIMS/HYPOTHESIS:

It is known that family history to type 2 diabetes induces anthropometric changes in various populations. Regular physical activity can induce adaptations in these subjects regularizing body composition and anthropometric parameters. The aim of this study is therefore to understand if family history to type 2 diabetes affects anaerobic performance in young male élite athletes.

METHODS:

Forty six young male élite athletes were tested. Thirty three without family history to type 2 diabetes (FH-) and thirteen with family history to type 2 diabetes (FH+). Anthropometric parameters, body composition, physiological parameters and athletic performance were assessed.

RESULTS:

Weight (p 0,0050), BMI (p 0,0019), waist circumference (p 0,0090), hips circumference (p 0,0490) and WHR (p 0,0339) were different between the two groups, showing greater values for the FH + subjects. Body composition showed lower FM and higher FFM percentages for the FH + group compared to the FH-. Anaerobic performance tests showed differences between the groups highlighting that the FH + group had higher anaerobic performance values (Wingate test for FH + 512,77 ± 107,93 W vs Wingate test for FH- 447,94 ± 56,95 W).

CONCLUSIONS/INTERPRETATION:

The élite athletes with FH + showed better anaerobic performances and a higher body mass. At this stage we cannot generalise, but in a sample of athletes we tested, all who were with FH + showed both interesting and unexpected results; if confirmed, this evidence may represent a remarkable knowledge for fitness coaches and professionals who are daily dealing with track and field athletes and their performances.

Springerplus. 2014 May 3;3:224. The surprising influence of family history to type 2 diabetes on anaerobic performance of young male élite athletes.

ChrillyMcFrill
2014-07-22, 11:19
Tim Noakes skriver i sin bok "Lore of Running", och hänvisar till källor, att:

"People with a high proportion of Type II muscle fibers may be prone to developing hypertension, diabetes and obesity (Basset 1994)"

Sedan är det många fler sammanställningar av studier som gör kopplingar mellan Typ 1 muskelfibrer och hälsa. Samt att personer med lägre andel Typ 1 muskelfibrer visats vara mer fysiskt inaktiva och ha större sannolikhet att få hjärt/kärlsjukdomar.

Det verkar alltså vara mer vanligt för personer med muskelfiber 2 att få diabetes, inte direkt orsakat av muskelfibern i sig, men kopplingen finns där.

Så att FH+gruppen, i studien "Springerplus. 2014 May 3;3:224" uppvisade bättre anaerob prestation kan man väl anta då att dom hade större mängd Typ 2 muskelfibrer?

Vad annars kan förklaringen vara?

Morty
2014-07-22, 21:04
Det är väl inte helt omöjligt att personer med större andel typ II-fibrer har svårare att uppskatta konditionsidrotter, då de kanske har lite svårare att komma in i det. De som dock kommer in i aeroba sporter ändå, "trots" sin muskelfiberfördelning, borde lyftas för sin anaeroba förmåga och därmed träna det likaväl som sin aeroba förmåga.