handdator

Visa fullständig version : Könsskillnader i GH-IGF-I-svar på anaerob träning

King Grub
2014-07-02, 08:45
Exercise-associated effects on the GH→IGF-I axis were studied, mainly following aerobic exercise. We determined the gender effect on the GH→IGF-I axis response to a standard all-out Wingate anaerobic test (WAnT) in healthy active young adult males and females (males=12, females=16, age range: 24-34 years). Blood samples for GH and IGF-I, key elements of the GH-IGF-I axis, were collected before and 20, 30, 40 and 60 minutes after the beginning of exercise. In addition, we collected post-exercise blood lactate levels. Post-exercise lactate levels were higher among males, however this difference did not reach statistical significance(13.8±1.3 versus 11.1±1.0 mmol/L, respectively; p=0.1). The WAnT was associated with a significant increase in GH in both genders. However, GH peak wasgreater among females (10.8±1.8vs.5.6±1.4ng/ml, in females and males, respectively; p<0.01). In addition, post-exercise GH peak occurred significantly earlier in female (20min) compared to male participants (40min). Exercise was associated with a significant increase in IGF only among males (from 166.8±8.4 to 186.9±9.3, p<0.02), however no significant between gender effect was found. In summary, supra-maximal anaerobic exercise was associated with a greater and earlier post-exercise GH peak in females compared to males. All together, the results suggest anaerobic exercise-related anabolic-type hormonal response.

J Strength Cond Res. 2014 Jun 30. The Effect of Gender on the GH-IGF-I Response to Anaerobic Exercise in Young Adults.