handdator

Visa fullständig version : Att äta över kaloribalans - onödigt?

Slacked
2013-09-19, 14:27
Sitter och läser Brad Pilons senaste utgåva av Eat stop eat (5th edition) där han påstår att i princip varenda kalori över balans bidrar till fettinlagring (alltså även om man tränar bör kanske tilläggas):

There seem to be two basic nutritional requirements to ensure muscle growth occurs:

1) Caloric Adequacy
2) Protein Adequacy

You’ll notice that the first point is caloric adequacy and not caloric surplus. While the
common belief that you need to ‘eat big to get big’, recent research has shown that
any extra calories above your estimated daily needs does not contribute to muscle
gain. In fact, almost every single extra calorie can be accounted for in fat mass
gains. So while there is an obvious caloric need for muscle building it does not seem
to be any higher than your daily calorie needs (building muscle does take energy, but
it also happens very slowly).

Studien han refererar till är:

Bray GA, Smith SR, De Jonge L, Xie H, Rood J, Martin CK, Most M, Brock C, Manscuso S, Redman LM. Effect of Dietary Protein Content on Weight Gain, Energy Expenditure, and Body
Composition During Overeating. JAMA. 2012;307(1):47-55

Då jag själv varken har kunskap att läsa eller tillgång till studien tänkte jag om någon kunde kolla och se om det stämmer, eller utveckla lite? Bör man alltid satsa på att ligga på balans istället för över?

King Grub
2013-09-19, 14:36
Det är inkorrekt. En betydande del av energin från överätning går till bildandet av fettfri massa.

In most situations involving a significant change in body weight, both fat-free body mass (FFM) and body fat participate, but the relative contribution of FFM and fat to the total weight change is influenced by the initial body fat content. Overfeeding: In thin people, the weight gain comprises 60-70% lean tissues, whereas in the obese it is 30-40%.

Annals of the New York Academy of Sciences 904:359-365 (2000)

http://www.unu.edu/unupress/food2/UID07E/uid07e0v.gif

Nitrogen balance at various levels of caloric intake. From 18 composite periods derived from 460 observations. (Adapted from CALLOWAY and SPECTOR, 1954).

http://www.unu.edu/unupress/food2/UID07E/uid07e0c.htm#2.1.%20adults

It would appear, therefore, that the statements of both CALLOWAY and SPECTOR (1954) and MUNRO (1951; 1978), which claimed that the improvement in nitrogen balance caused by an increase in energy intake could be frustrated if intake of protein were inadequate, and that, conversely, the beneficial effects of an increase in protein intake could be inhibited by an inadequate energy intake, were applicable only under much more extreme conditions of protein or energy limitations than was generally the case for the analyzed studies. Within this range, that is from about 2100 kcal and 18 g protein to about 4200 kcal and 90 g protein/d for a 70 kg male, increases in both EI and NI appeared to be separately and individually effective in improving NB, and no stepwise progression, i.e., expected improvement in NB by increases in either NI or EI being frustrated by a lack of increase of the other, could be observed.

http://www.unu.edu/Unupress/food2/UID07E/uid07e10.gif

tjing
2013-09-19, 15:02
Jupp, det finns ju tydliga belägg för att överätning ökar både fettmassa och muskelmassa. Även utan träning.

tjing
2013-09-19, 15:25
Jag har läst den där studien tidigare och den visar att mer protein på ett överskott ger mer muskelmassa och högre ämnesomsättning jämfört med en lågproteinkost. Alla grupperna gick upp lika mycket i fettvikt men skilde sig i uppgång i muskelmassa, beroende på proteinmängd:

"...The failure to increase lean body mass in the low protein group accounted for their smaller weight gain."

Nu överåt man med ungefär 950 kcal extra per, med 5, 15 och 25% protein och kosten bestod i övrigt av 33-52% fett (varav en stor del som bekant lagras in på ett överskott). Man har i en tidigare överätningsstudie på kvinnor också sett att mer protein i kosten inte ger mer fettmassa utan mer muskler, på ett överskott.

Som man gör av någon anledning i många typer av sådana här studier fyller man upp till den mängd kcal man vill att deltagarna ska äta med dietärt fett (d v s baskosten är relativt fettrik):

"...The extra calories in our study were fed as fat, as in several other studies, and were stored as fat with a lower percentage of the excess calories appearing as fat in the high (25%) protein diet group."

Det är fettet som ger fettökningen på kort sikt. Gör samma studie med 15-20% fett, 25% protein (blev kring 220 gram/dag i den här studien) och resten kolhydrater och vi skulle nog se en mycket mindre fettinlagring. Att säga att det är "kalorierna" som gjorde deltagarna fetare i studien är sant på ett sätt men har helt att göra med vilken kost de överåt med och kosten var relativt fettrik (120-150 gram/dag någonstans...).

Linjedomarn
2013-09-19, 21:30
haha grub och tjing, batman och robin.. :D