handdator

Visa fullständig version : Öl som sportdryck

King Grub
2013-05-23, 12:32
PURPOSE:

To investigate the effect of manipulating the alcohol and sodium content of beer on fluid restoration following exercise.

METHOD:

Seven male volunteers exercised on a cycle ergometer until 1.96±0.25% body mass (mean±SD) was lost. Participants where then randomly allocated a different beer to consume on four separate occasions. Drinks included a low alcohol beer (2.3% ABV) [LightBeer], a low alcohol beer with 25 mmol·L-1 of added sodium [LightBeer+25], a full strength beer (4.8% ABV) [Beer] or a full strength beer with 25 mmol·L-1 of added sodium [Beer+25]. Volumes consumed were equivalent to 150% of body mass loss during exercise and were consumed over a 1h period. Body mass and urine samples were obtained before and hourly for 4h after beverage consumption.

RESULTS:

Significantly enhanced net fluid balance was achieved following the LightBeer+25 trial (-1.02±0.35 kg) compared to the Beer (-1.59±0.32 kg) and Beer+25 (-1.64±0.28 kg) treatments. Accumulated urine output was significantly lower in the LightBeer+25 trial (1477±485 mL) compared to the Beer+25 (2101±482 mL) and Beer (2175±372 mL) trials.

CONCLUSION:

A low alcohol beer with added sodium offers a potential compromise between a beverage with high social acceptance and one which avoids the exacerbated fluid losses observed when consuming full strength beer.

Int J Sport Nutr Exerc Metab. 2013 May 20. Beer as a Sports Drink? Manipulating Beer's Ingredients to Replace Lost Fluid.

Depzon
2013-05-23, 16:11
Vill resultatet påvisa att om man nyss har tränat och har en inplanerad krog-gåning efteråt, så är det bäst att dricka en saltad lättöl om man inte vill bli retad för att man inte sitter med en öl i handen?

Gober
2013-05-23, 16:50
Gött, kan man ta med öl till gymmet.

spoon
2013-05-23, 16:57
Gött, kan man ta med öl till gymmet.

Frågan är om det är socialt accepterat eller om det går emot studien :confused:

Gober
2013-05-23, 17:03
Frågan är om det är socialt accepterat eller om det går emot studien :confused:

Tror det beror lite på val av träningslokal, en kväll nere i källaren på mitt gym funkar nog. Man kan om inte annat ha en sådan här

https://encrypted-tbn0.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRrKWEYo6qY1pvEhSRXGcfHEtT-qVyW8874lT4Q5i_K82kC43OP

Och då montera två shakers istället för ölburk/glas med öl i. Då kan man ju börja redan halvvägs in i passet om man kört riktigt hårt.

spoon
2013-05-23, 17:05
Elementärt, min käre Gober :thumbup:

Sniggel
2013-05-23, 18:16
Vill resultatet påvisa att om man nyss har tränat och har en inplanerad krog-gåning efteråt, så är det bäst att dricka en saltad lättöl om man inte vill bli retad för att man inte sitter med en öl i handen?

Ät nån kötträtt till så lär du säkert få i dig en del salt och annat som är bra för återhämtningen.
Om ni inte ska äta så kanske du kan käka saltade jordnötter åtminstone :P

Akada
2013-05-23, 21:38
Ät nån kötträtt till så lär du säkert få i dig en del salt och annat som är bra för återhämtningen.
Om ni inte ska äta så kanske du kan käka saltade jordnötter åtminstone :P
Då får man ju i sig lite högkvalitativt protein också, grymt.

Chilla mamma
2013-05-23, 22:04
Då får man ju i sig lite högkvalitativt protein också, grymt.

Jag trodde jordnötter bestod av mindre bra protein?

King Grub
2013-05-23, 22:13
Ja det är kasst.

King Grub
2015-01-15, 10:07
The addition of 25 mmol·L-1 sodium to low alcohol (2.3% ABV) beer has been shown to enhance post exercise fluid retention compared to full strength (4.8% ABV) beer with and without electrolyte modification. This investigation explored the effect of further manipulations to the alcohol and sodium content of beer on fluid restoration following exercise. Twelve male volunteers lost 2.03±0.19% body mass (mean±SD) using cycling-based exercise. Participants were then randomly allocated a different beer to consume on four separate occasions. Drinks included low alcohol beer with 25 mmol·L-1 of added sodium [LightBeer+25], low alcohol beer with 50 mmol·L-1 of added sodium [LightBeer+50], mid-strength beer (3.5% ABV) [Mid] or mid-strength beer with 25 mmol·L-1 of added sodium [Mid+25]. Total drink volumes in each trial were equivalent to 150% of body mass loss during exercise, consumed over a 1h period. Body mass, urine samples and regulatory hormones were obtained before and 4h after beverage consumption. Total urine output was significantly lower in the LightBeer+50 trial (1450±183 mL) compared to the LightBeer+25 (1796±284 mL), Mid+25 (1786±373 mL) and Mid (1986±304 mL) trials (all p<0.05). This resulted in significantly higher net body mass following the LightBeer+50 trial (-0.97±0.17kg) compared to all other beverages (LightBeer+25 (-1.30±0.24 kg), Mid+25 (-1.38±0.33 kg) and Mid (-1.58±0.29 kg), all p<0.05). No significant changes to aldosterone or vasopressin were associated with different drink treatments. The electrolyte concentration of low alcohol beer appears to have more significant impact on post exercise fluid retention than small changes in the alcohol content of beer.

Int J Sport Nutr Exerc Metab. 2015 Jan 14. Manipulations to the Alcohol and Sodium Content of Beer for Post Exercise Rehydration.

agazza
2015-01-15, 10:28
Den där studien faller direkt på påståendet "low alcohol beer... high social acceptance ".

För det andra kan ni prova att hälla salt i öl, det blir ett äckligt skumparty.

Nej, den här reklamerar jag.

AeternusRex
2015-01-15, 13:51
Hade ohyggligt lågt blodtryck när jag var yngre vilket ledde till svimmningar och lätta bekymmer med träningen och jag fick helt allvarligt rådet av doktorn att äta saltgurka och dricka ett glas vin innan träning.

Ola Wallengren
2015-01-15, 22:28
Snabb rehydrering (4h) är väl bara intressant om man skall träna/tävla kort därefter. Vid de tillfällena dricker man ju av förklarliga skäl inte alkohol. Dessa studier är förvisso intressanta men inte speciellt relevanta.

Sheogorath
2015-01-15, 22:52
"Så lite alkohol som möjligt och gärna lite extra salt"

Radikalt.

hampfuz
2015-01-16, 00:04
"A low alcohol beer with added sodium offers a potential compromise between a beverage with high social acceptance and one which avoids the exacerbated fluid losses observed when consuming full strength beer. "

När fasen är man i en situation där man måste snabbt måste återställa vätskebalansen men där det är mer socialt accepterat att dricka öl än vatten eller sportdryck?

Friidrottsturnering i Finland?

Edit: Ah. Forskarna bakom studien är Australiensare.

Luca Brasi
2015-01-16, 18:08
Finns det någon Ryssk studie dör man undersöker om vodka fungerar bra som ett socialt acceptabelt alternativ till gatorade?

King Grub
2015-06-10, 10:38
BACKGROUND:

Exercise in the heat causes important water and electrolytes losses through perspiration. Optimal rehydration is crucial to facilitate the recuperation process after exercise. The aim of our study was to examine whether a moderate beer intake as part of the rehydration has any negative effect protocol after a short but dehydrating bout of exercise in the heat.

METHODS:

Sixteen active male (VO2max, 56 ± 4 mL/kg/min), were included in a crossover study and performed a dehydrating exercise (≤1 h running, 60 %VO2max) twice and 3 weeks apart, in a hot laboratory setting (35 ± 1 °C, humidity 60 ± 2 %). During the two hours following the exercise bouts participants consumed either mineral water ad-libitum (W) or up to 660 ml regular beer followed by water ad-libitum (BW). Body composition, hematological and serum parameters, fluid balance and urine excretion were assessed before, after exercise and after rehydration.

RESULTS:

Body mass (BM) decreased (both ~ 2.4 %) after exercise in both trials. After rehydration, BM and fat free mass significantly increased although BM did not return to baseline levels (BM, 72.6 ± 6.7 to 73.6 ± 6.9; fat free mass, 56.9 ± 4.7 to 57.5 ± 4.5, no differences BW vs W). Beer intake did not adversely affect any measured parameter. Fluid balance and urine excretion values did not differ between the rehydration strategies.

CONCLUSIONS:

After exercise and subsequent water losses, a moderate beer (regular) intake has no deleterious effects on markers of hydration in active individuals.

J Int Soc Sports Nutr. 2015 Jun 6;12:26. Effects of a moderate intake of beer on markers of hydration after exercise in the heat: a crossover study.