handdator

Visa fullständig version : Lägre risk för åderförfettning av bisonkött än av nötkött

King Grub
2013-04-23, 13:21
The rearing method of bison and the nutrient content of the meat may make bison a healthier alternative to beef. We hypothesized that the acute and chronic effects of bison consumption, in comparison to beef, will result in a less perturbed blood lipid panel and a reduced inflammatory and oxidative stress response which will minimize the detrimental effect on vascular function. A double-blind, cross-over randomized trial was employed to examine the consequence of a single 12 oz serving (n = 14) and 7 weeks of chronic consumption (n = 10) (12 oz/d, 6 d/wk) of each meat. Measurements included blood lipids, interleukin-6, plasminogen activator inhibitor 1, C-reactive protein, oxidized low-density lipoprotein, protein carbonyl, hydroperoxides, flow-mediated dilation (FMD) and FMD/shear rate. Following a single beef meal, triglycerides and oxidized low-density lipoprotein were elevated (67% ± 45% and 18% ± 17% respectively); there was a tendency for hydroperoxides to be elevated (24% ± 37%); and FMD/shear rate was reduced significantly (30% ± 38%). Following a single meal of bison: there was a smaller increase in triglycerides (30% ± 27%), and markers of inflammation and oxidative stress and FMD/shear rate were unchanged. Chronic consumption of either meat did not influence body weight, % body fat, or blood lipids. Protein carbonyl (24% ± 45%), plasminogen activator inhibitor 1 (78% ± 126%), interleukin-6 (59% ± 76%) and C-reactive protein (72% ± 57%) were significantly elevated and FMD/shear rate was significantly reduced (19% ± 28%) following 7 weeks of beef consumption, but not bison consumption. Based on our findings, the data suggest that bison consumption results in a reduced atherogenic risk compared to beef.

Nutr Res. 2013 Apr;33(4):293-302. Bison meat has a lower atherogenic risk than beef in healthy men.

exevision
2013-04-23, 13:36
Svårt att få tag i bisonkött dock.

begt
2013-04-23, 13:41
Svårt att få tag i bisonkött dock.

Avesta visentpark? ;)

Lipservice
2013-04-23, 17:21
Har för mig att det finns en Bisonköttshop i Hjo.

hurril
2013-04-23, 17:24
Jesus vistelseort på jorden (Soundbyberg) erbjuder Bisonkött i den utmärkta butiken Kötthallen.

Sverker
2013-04-23, 17:28
En snabb sökning på bison + meat gav detta:
http://www.buffalohillsbisonmeat.com/nutritional_information.php

Magrare kött, mer CLA ?, vad tror vi skiljer kossa från bison ?

Ola Wallengren
2013-04-23, 17:42
Från artikeln, metod, resultat och diskussion

2.3. Beef and bison meat
The beef and bison meat utilized in this investigation consisted of a combination of sirloin steaks and chuck roasts. The beef was typical commercial “USDA Choice” grade, from 19-month-old cattle that were feedlot fed (hay, corn silage, and a mixture of grains including wheat, barley, and corn). The bison meat was also from 19-month-old male bison, which were range fed for 7 months and subsequently 12 months feedlot fed (alfalfa hay, hay silage, corn silage , barley, corn wheat mill run, dry distillers grains, and potato solids).

3.1. Meat
In brief, these analyses indicated that bison steaks had a significantly lower total fat (P < .001), saturated fat (P = .003) and monounsaturated fatty acids (P = .012), and greater PUFA (P < .001), omega-3 (P = .013) and omega-6 (P < .001) compared to the beef steaks (Table 2). Similarly, the bison roasts (ingested as a component of the chronic meat consumption) had lower total fat (P < .001) and greater PUFA (P = .003), omega-3 (P = .005) and omega-6 (P = .004) fatty acids compared to the beef roasts as well as a tendency toward lower monounsaturated fatty acids (MUFA) (P = .08). However, the saturated fat content did not differ between bison and beef roasts. Based upon the meat composition data, the total fat load ingested in the 12 ounces of beef steaks and roasts were on average 21.8 and 19.0 g of fat, respectively, while there were only 9.5 and 8.8 g of fat in the bison steaks and roasts, respectively. Furthermore, while the ratio of n-6/n-3 PUFA were similar between bison and beef, the index of atherogenicity was reduced in the bison roasts and steaks (P = .036 and .008, respectively) compared to beef. In addition to these grouped fatty acid results, there were differences in individual fatty acid content between beef and bison (Table 3).

4.1. Nutritional components of beef and bison meat
Although all meat cuts used in this investigation are considered lean meat (<10% saturated fat) based on the American Heart Association guidelines [37], our results, as well as results from previous investigations [10], indicate a difference in the fatty acid profile between beef and bison meat. Specifically, bison has one third the total fat of the beef, less SFA and increased PUFA and omega-3. In addition, both bison steaks and roasts had lower Index of Atherogenicity [36], a modified and inverted ratio of n-6/n-3 PUFA that includes MUFA in the denominator indicating that bison meat is associated with a lower atherogenic risk. These differences are often attributed to the fact that bison are range fed to a greater extent than beef cattle, and agree with the McAfee et al recent report that indicates grass-fed animals have reduced total fat and increased PUFA [25]. Interestingly, although the bison meat consumed in this study originated from 19-month old male bison, which were range fed for only the first 7 months, improvements in the meat fatty acid profile were still present. In fact, previous reports have indicated, even when reared similarly, bison meat is leaner than beef [10] and [38]. Despite the reduced fatty acid profile and atherogenic risk of bison compared to beef, it should be noted that the n-6/n-3 ratio in the meat samples used in this investigation were above the recommended level of 4.0 for the prevention of cardiovascular disease. Previous reports [10], however, indicate that this ratio is much closer to 4.0 than indicated in the current investigation; these differences might be attributable to differences between specific cuts of meats.

tjing
2013-04-23, 18:31
Låt kossorna äta gräs så får vi se vad skillnaden blir.

Silencer
2013-04-23, 18:45
Wild West i Örebro har bisonoxe på menyn.

Nebuchadnezzar
2013-04-23, 18:50
Bison har jag sett på flera stora ICA-butiker. Har varit sugen på att testa det ett tag.

spoonchest
2013-04-23, 20:15
Jag och en kompis låg i startgroparna för att starta bisonfarm en gång i tiden.
Det finns en del gårdar i Sverige.
Rällinge Bison (http://www.gardsbutiken.nu/files/gardsbutiken_rallingbison.pdf)

Den här gubben är lite frän.
En stor fördel med bison är att de kan hållas i vilthägn vilket gör dem billiga att föda upp, men samtidigt ge bättre kött och större tillväxt än nötkreatur. På spädare foder dessutom. De äter inte jättemycket kraftfoder så att säga.

Sir Beef A Lot
2013-04-23, 20:28
Kan man kanske få samma effekt med viltkött (älg, viltsvin osv)?

z_bumbi
2013-04-24, 09:06
Kan man kanske få samma effekt med viltkött (älg, viltsvin osv)?

Antagligen bättre då de inte föds upp på kraftfoder som djuren i studien hade gjorts. Vildsvin föds iofs också upp i hägn men jag tvivlar på att det är några större kvantiteter i förhållande till de vilda.
Sen är inte all nötboskap i Sverige uppfödd på sådana mängder kraftfoder så jag tvivlar på att det går att föra över resultatet rakt av på svenska förhållanden.

exevision
2013-04-24, 09:09
Ekologiskt/krav kött borde vara lika bra då?