handdator

Visa fullständig version : Tiden för matintag och effekter på viktnedgång.

tjing
2013-02-09, 22:45
Timing of food intake predicts weight loss effectiveness

Abstract:

Background:There is emerging literature demonstrating a relationship between the timing of feeding and weight regulation in animals. However, whether the timing of food intake influences the success of a weight-loss diet in humans is unknown.Objective:To evaluate the role of food timing in weight-loss effectiveness in a sample of 420 individuals who followed a 20-week weight-loss treatment.

Methods:Participants (49.5% female subjects; age (mean±s.d.): 42±11 years; BMI: 31.4±5.4 kg m(-2)) were grouped in early eaters and late eaters, according to the timing of the main meal (lunch in this Mediterranean population). 51% of the subjects were early eaters and 49% were late eaters (lunch time before and after 1500 hours, respectively), energy intake and expenditure, appetite hormones, CLOCK genotype, sleep duration and chronotype were studied.

Results:Late lunch eaters lost less weight and displayed a slower weight-loss rate during the 20 weeks of treatment than early eaters (P=0.002). Surprisingly, energy intake, dietary composition, estimated energy expenditure, appetite hormones and sleep duration was similar between both groups. Nevertheless, late eaters were more evening types, had less energetic breakfasts and skipped breakfast more frequently that early eaters (all; P<0.05). CLOCK rs4580704 single nucleotide polymorphism (SNP) associated with the timing of the main meal (P=0.015) with a higher frequency of minor allele (C) carriers among the late eaters (P=0.041). Neither sleep duration, nor CLOCK SNPs or morning/evening chronotype was independently associated with weight loss (all; P>0.05).

Conclusions:Eating late may influence the success of weight-loss therapy. Novel therapeutic strategies should incorporate not only the caloric intake and macronutrient distribution-as is classically done-but also the timing of food.

International journal of obesity 2013 Jan 29.

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/23357955

Jeml
2013-02-10, 14:36
så studien säger att tidig lunch är positivt för viktnedgång?

Skickat från min GT-I9300 via Tapatalk 2

Akada
2013-02-11, 11:09
så studien säger att tidig lunch är positivt för viktnedgång?

Skickat från min GT-I9300 via Tapatalk 2

Nog snarare att de som äter lunch sent tenderar att gå ner mer i vikt, om du tex började äta en timme tidigare så tvivlar jag på att det skulle göra någon skillnad för din viktnedgång.

miaz
2013-02-11, 11:40
sen ska man komma ihåg att "vikt"nedgång är för de flesta ointressant.
istället borde man titta på kroppskomposition, alltså fett-VS-muskel-viktnedgång.

tjing
2013-02-11, 11:49
De som åt lunch senare hoppade också över frukost oftare än de som åt tidig lunch.

Sent lunch-ätande korrelerade med mindre och långsammare viktnedgång än tidigt lunchätande under 20 veckor.

Frukostätande och större frukost korrelerade alltså med bättre viktnedgång i den här studien. Men det är knappast en kontroversiell åsikt att väldigt många människor förmodligen får fördelar av att äta frukost.

Helt rätt, miaz.

miaz
2013-02-11, 13:24
Tuesday, to accompany their Morning Edition podcast, the NPR website published an article entitled, “To Maximize Weight Loss, Eat Early in The Day, Not Late.” In this piece, the author cites a Spanish study from the International Journal of Obesity stating that subjects who ate their main meal of the day before 3 PM lost significantly more weight than people eating later in the day—with calories consumed in both groups being roughly equal.

Note that it’s taken me two days to formulate a response. There are three reasons for this delay. First, I put my fist through my monitor. Next, this article forced me to sprint to the toilet for an involuntary-yet-rather-pleasant bowel movement. Finally, I tracked down this study, purchased it, and read it from start to finish several times—enough to know that it’s absolutely, without question, the worst study I’ve seen so far this year, and then some.

Back in July 2010, I wrote an article for EliteFTS entitled, “Logic Does Not Apply Part 2: Breakfast.” In it, I stated the following:

“Every day the body starts as a fat-burning furnace. Even during exercise, without eating breakfast, the body burns far higher levels of fat than normal and causes upregulation of the enzymes necessary to burn fat, allowing fat to be metabolized faster.

Now contrast (this) with what happens as soon as you eat breakfast, one that contains around 30 grams or more of carbs. As is well known, insulin levels raise with the rise in blood sugar, kick-starting a downward spiral: the early-morning release of insulin reduces fat burning for the entire rest of the day; while cortisol levels remain high, the insulin release causes new empty fat cells to be created; and the insulin lowers levels of ghrelin and growth hormone.

From the facts above—this is not what I think happens, this is what happens — one would come to the conclusion that maybe we should hold breakfast off for a bit when we get up, at least until cortisol levels return to normal and growth hormone levels fall naturally, which takes a few hours. Skipping breakfast looks like a way to lose body fat faster, or at least to keep it off.”

This is how everything works. To back this information up, I provided the following evidence:

“So what happened when researchers studied two groups, one that ate most of their calories in the beginning of the day, to simulate the no-eating-after-seven routine, and the other that skipped breakfast and ate most of their meals in the latter half of the day? Damned if I shouldn’t be embarrassed: the group that ate most of their calories early in the day, including a big breakfast, lost more weight than the other group.”

Wait, what? What the fuck? I know exactly what you’re thinking—that the whole point of this piece was to call bullshit on this NPR article and the study that inspired it. Don’t worry, you’re covered. It is a total crock of shit, and here’s why:

The results of the Spanish study are exactly in line with the studies I presented in the EliteFTS article, but what the authors of the Spanish study aren’t telling you—nowhere in their study is this discussed, for reasons I’ll address in a moment—is that their morning group lost weight because they lost significantly more muscle. This study tests body fat at the very beginning, but conveniently never mentions again, referring only to weight.

The people eating at night? They may not have lost as much weight, but they sure as hell lost more fat. Here’s how I addressed that for EliteFTS readers:

“Hold on: there’s more to this story. The researchers also looked at body composition before and after. The morning group lost more weight but lost a lot more muscle and a lot less fat. The night group lost almost exclusively fat and preserved muscle. Who knew, maybe there is something to this science stuff after all?”

The bottom line here? You can’t talk about weight loss and not address changes in body composition—and you especially can’t publish a study on it in a scientific journal without revealing precisely what kind of weight was lost.

The authors of this study appear to have had an agenda upon publication. They wrote specifically to promote the breakfast myth, but in order to push this myth forward, they needed to skew the results of their study. They did so by omitting the only information most people would find important in the first place—even if they’re articulating it incorrectly by referring to “fat loss,” which is precisely what everyone wants, as “weight loss,” which is a nebulous term that’s indifferent as to whether or not you’ll look better, feel better, or improve your health.
http://www.dangerouslyhardcore.com

tjing
2013-02-11, 15:31
Varför skulle fettförbränning hindras hela dagen för att insulinnivåerna går upp vid frukost?

Jaha, det är Kiefer. Hans metod går ju ut på att äta lite kolhydrater innan träning/kväll, vilket man får ha i åtanke när man läser hans "debunks".

En högproteinlunch ökar för övrigt kortisol hos människor. Men angående muskelförlust är det ju en viktig poäng helt klart.

Dessutom har jag inte läst fullängdaren än.

Fuark
2013-02-11, 15:39
intredasting