handdator

Visa fullständig version : Ska du ha sex om två veckor? Du är redan gravid! Arizona does it again!

Stoltz
2012-10-27, 03:33
http://thenewcivilrightsmovement.com/pregnancy-begins-2-weeks-before-conception-now-the-law-in-arizona/politics/2012/04/13/37993

‘Pregnancy Begins 2 Weeks Before Conception’ Now The Law In Arizona

by David Badash on April 13, 2012

In Arizona, women are now legally pregnant two weeks before conception, according to a new law, the Orwellianly-named, “Women’s Health and Safety Act,” signed yesterday by Republican Governor Jan Brewer. The scientifically, medically, ethically, and intellectually dishonest legislation is designed to reduce the amount of time a woman is allowed to have a legal abortion, and is one of the most draconian bills to become law in America.

The bill was sponsored by extremist Arizona State Rep. Kimberly Yee, (image, right) who last month penned an op-ed titled, “No drug test, no welfare.” Yee wrote:

States have an obligation to hold those on public assistance accountable for their actions. Receiving a public benefit is a privilege, not a right. The debate on drug testing welfare recipients is simply about the responsible use of tax dollars.

It’s unclear where in the U.S. constitution it states that the states “have an obligation to hold those on public assistance accountable for their actions.”

“Planned Parenthood of Arizona lobbyist Michelle Steinberg called the law the country’s ‘most extreme piece of anti-abortion legislation’.” the Tucson Citizen reported:

She said the law defines pregnancy in a way that bans abortion two weeks before the other seven states with similar laws, because it calculates gestational age starting with the first day of the last menstrual period rather than the date of conception.

During the hearings on the bill, doctors said many women don’t discover their fetus has a severe or life-threatening problem until an ultrasound at about the 20th week. The doctors — and several women who had faced this issue — testified that this law would arbitrarily cut off the right for these women to have an abortion.

“My heart goes out to the families that will be impacted,” Steinberg said. “Women are being forced to carry children that they know will end up dying within hours of birth.”

The bill signed into law Thursday makes other changes to abortion regulations, including the requirement of an ultrasound 24 hours before the procedure. The law becomes effective 90 days after the Legislature ends its session, which is likely to occur later this month.

Current law allows abortions up until the point of viability, when a fetus could reasonably survive on its own outside the womb. That’s considered by many medical experts and abortion clinics to be from 22 to 24 weeks. Current law also allows abortions beyond that to protect the “life or health of the woman” but doesn’t define health.

The Daily Beast adds:

The stipulation likely to be most widely felt is what experts are calling an effective shutdown of medication abortions. These nonsurgical abortions are usually performed within the first nine weeks of pregnancy, and account for between 17 and 20 percent of all abortions, according to the Guttmacher Institute, a reproductive-rights advocacy group. While women often take the pills at clinics and in their homes, the bill now mandates that a medical provider must have hospital privileges within 30 miles of where the procedure takes place. Many times clinics or homes are not within 30 miles of hospitals, and the distance prevents providers from other cities or even states from caring for women, says Elizabeth Nash of the Guttmacher Institute. Another factor that could contribute to what Nash called a “shutdown” of medication abortions is that the law requires abortion pills to be administered using outdated protocols, confusing providers and obscuring proper use of the drugs.

While it becomes the seventh state to pass such legislation in the past two years, many Arizonans believe theirs is the most restrictive and sinister because of the degree to which it will legislate health care, thwart evidence-based medicine, and shame women. One in three women will have an abortion before age 45 according to Guttmacher, and more than half of those women already have a child.

The law “disregards women’s health in a way I’ve never seen before,” said Center for Reproductive Rights’ state advocacy counsel, Jordan Goldberg. “The women of Arizona can’t access medical treatment that other women can.”

Other parts of the law includes education in public schools prioritizing birth and adoption, signs throughout health-care facilities warning against abortion “coercion,” and an order for the state health department to create and maintain a website touting alternatives to abortion and displaying images of fetuses. Also required is abortion counseling for women aiming to abort pregnancies due to fetal abnormalities, and if the abnormality is certain to be fatal, the counseling incorporates perinatal hospice information before ending the pregnancy. It reaffirms existing barriers to access, like the requirement of a notarized parental consent form for minors and a mandatory ultrasound screening within 24 hours of having an abortion.

State Rep. Kimberly Yee, the sponsor of the House bill, which passed Monday, said she acted with her constituents in mind, adding that many of them feel it “doesn’t go far enough.”

Apparently, Rep. Kimberly Yee believes women should be in a perpetual state of pregnancy.

Haha, ha det.

Sniggel
2012-10-27, 06:16
Känns som USA är på väg att "emigrera till 3e världen" :p
Det här är långt ifrån den enda konstigheten som händer over there. Jag lyfter inte på ögonbrynen längre.

D Andersson
2012-10-27, 08:42
Precis som man räknar i Sverige med andra ord.

filmjölk
2012-10-27, 08:58
Hur kan man öht vara emot abort? Jag tror de flesta kvinnor förstår att det är ett liv som växer i dem, och tar inte ett sådant beslut lättvindigt. Ändå är det deras kropp livet växer i.

De kanske borde prata lite mer om sexualmoral och behovet av skydd om man ändå skall ha sex, istället för att förbjuda abort?

Lando
2012-10-27, 09:03
Precis som man räknar i Sverige med andra ord.

Ja så räknar vi i Sverige också :) Skillnaden är ju att dom har hårdare abortlagar så dom två veckorna kan betyda att en kvinna inte får abort för att hon har gått över tiden även om man kan se att fostret kommer bli dödfött eller dö inom timmar efter födsel.

Sniggel
2012-10-27, 09:11
Hur kan man öht vara emot abort? Jag tror de flesta kvinnor förstår att det är ett liv som växer i dem, och tar inte ett sådant beslut lättvindigt. Ändå är det deras kropp livet växer i.

De kanske borde prata lite mer om sexualmoral och behovet av skydd om man ändå skall ha sex, istället för att förbjuda abort?

De mest extrema abortmotståndarna anser inte att det räcker med ett ordentligt genomtänkt beslut. Att göra abort öht är fel, oavsett situation. Ett svart-vitt tänk som vanligt. Det blir praktiskt att resonera så i de flesta frågor, huvudet gör inte lika ont när man kan dra tydliga linjer för vad som är fel och vad som är rätt.

filmjölk
2012-10-27, 09:14
De mest extrema abortmotståndarna anser inte att det räcker med ett ordentligt genomtänkt beslut. Att göra abort öht är fel, oavsett situation. Ett svart-vitt tänk som vanligt. Det blir praktiskt att resonera så i de flesta frågor, huvudet gör inte lika ont när man kan dra tydliga linjer för vad som är fel och vad som är rätt.

Det är praktiskt. Men man bör i det här fallet säga att kvinnans rätt till sin egen kropp är det som är vitt, förbjuda abort utan hänsyn till kvinnan är det som är svart.

Konkelbär
2012-10-27, 09:29
Ja, det förvånar inte mig heller längre.. jag bara fnittrar lite och går vidare. Här är några fler lagar som lär ge dig minst ett leende.

Montana
"Worrying squirrels will not be tolerated."

"It is illegal for a man and a woman to have sex in any other position other than missionary style."

Virginia
"Not only is it illegal to have sex with the lights on, one may not have sex in any position other than missionary."

"It is illegal to tickle women."

"You may not have oral or anal sex."

Dayton
"A person of color may not be oustide or within the city limits after 7 pm."

Texas
"It is illegal for one to shoot a buffalo from the second story of a hotel."

"It is illegal to take more than three sips of beer at a time while standing."

Ohio
"No one may be arrested on Sunday or on the Fourth of July."

Florida
"When having sex, only the missionary position is legal."

"You may not kiss your wife’s breasts."

"Having sexual relations with a porcupine is illegal."

South Carolina
"By law, if a man promises to marry an unmarried woman, the marriage must take place."

"Horses may not be kept in bathtubs."

"It is perfectly legal to beat your wife on the court house steps on Sundays."

"Every adult male must bring a rifle to church on Sunday in order to ward off Indian attacks."

New York
"The penalty for jumping off a building is death."

"A person may not walk around on Sundays with an ice cream cone in his/her pocket."

Greene
"During a concert, it is illegal to eat peanuts and walk backwards on the sidewalks."

Sauce: http://www.dumblaws.com/laws/united-states

Sniggel
2012-10-27, 09:29
Det är praktiskt. Men man bör i det här fallet säga att kvinnans rätt till sin egen kropp är det som är vitt, förbjuda abort utan hänsyn till kvinnan är det som är svart.

Ja om man tänker svartvitt. Men Så enkelt är det ju inte. För abort innebär ju att ett liv berövas. Men nu kommer det svåra här för de som så gärna vill ha ett svartvitt tänk:
Kanske är det så att kvinnas liv/hälsa/kropp är värt mer än livet som håller på att utvecklas i hennes livmoder under vissa omständigheter?
Woaah! Hur vågar man påstå något sådant? Att ens avväga från fall till fall, nu börjar det bli komplicerat ;)
Det är väl det vissa har svårt med. Att verkligheten inte är svart/vit.

bigtraps
2012-10-27, 11:23
Det där med samlagsställningar trodde jag var en myt

Donner
2012-10-27, 11:44
De flesta av dom lagarna är flera hundra år gamla. Men visst, lite konstigt att dom inte avskaffats.

tp_88
2012-10-27, 12:14
Ja, det förvånar inte mig heller längre.. jag bara fnittrar lite och går vidare. Här är några fler lagar som lär ge dig minst ett leende.

New York
"The penalty for jumping off a building is death."
http://www.deathpenaltyinfo.org/new-york-1

Är det privatpersoner som på eget bevåg åker runt och har ihjäl personerna som har hoppat?

tjing
2012-10-27, 12:16
Det är inget jag planerat, nej.

Morty
2012-10-27, 13:29
http://i3.kym-cdn.com/profiles/icons/big/000/110/902/Flipping%20Tables.jpg

Mrs Robinson
2012-10-27, 16:50
Typiskt att PK-maffian ska reta upp sig! :smash:

Morty
2012-10-27, 17:14
http://24.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_mc5yd0Gaa61r3fcjio1_500.gif

WHITEFOLKS
2012-10-27, 18:18
Får man inte ha en åsikt om man inte har livmoder? :(

Mrs Robinson
2012-10-27, 18:26
Varför frågar du Morty? Han har väl ingen livmoder som beviljar honom en åsikt om saken?

Morty
2012-10-27, 18:37

Poängen är att det är lite sjukt att de som aldrig någonsin kommer att behöva genomföra en abort ska besluta om under vilka former det borde få genomföras.

WHITEFOLKS
2012-10-27, 18:39
Så är det iofs för många scenarion och lagar.

Morty
2012-10-27, 18:43
Så är det iofs för många scenarion och lagar.

Detta är ju dock extraordinärt korkat. Table flip, helt enkelt.

Mrs Robinson
2012-10-27, 19:08
Poängen är att det är lite sjukt att de som aldrig någonsin kommer att behöva genomföra en abort ska besluta om under vilka former det borde få genomföras.
Blir det mindre sjukt om det är konservativa kvinnor som bestämmer det?

Morty
2012-10-27, 19:10
Blir det mindre sjukt om det är konservativa kvinnor som bestämmer det?

Det är väl tur för resten av kvinnorna att de konservativa kvinnorna som är för såna här tokerier är få.

Mrs Robinson
2012-10-27, 19:15
Det är väl tur för resten av kvinnorna att de konservativa kvinnorna som är för såna här tokerier är få.
I Sverige kanske. ;) I the land of the freedoms är det typ 50/50

Morty
2012-10-27, 19:24
I Sverige kanske. ;) I the land of the freedoms är det typ 50/50

Verkligen? Av kvinnor med makt menar du då, antar jag?

Har du nån länk som visar det? Skulle ju inte förvåna mig så mkt för USA är verkligen medeltida på vissa fronter.

Mrs Robinson
2012-10-27, 19:31
Verkligen? Av kvinnor med makt menar du då, antar jag?

Har du nån länk som visar det? Skulle ju inte förvåna mig så mkt för USA är verkligen medeltida på vissa fronter.

Det var en någorlunda gissning från min sida men verkar ju stämma.
http://c5.nrostatic.com/uploaded/tmp/pic_giant_082212_H.jpg

PixelMiner
2012-10-27, 23:35
http://i.qkme.me/3rilfu.jpg