handdator

Visa fullständig version : Effekt av β-alanin på intensiv intervallöpning

King Grub
2012-07-17, 11:47
The use of β-alanine in sport is widespread. However, the effects across all sport activities are inconclusive. The purpose of this study was to evaluate the effects of β-alanine supplementation on high-intensity running performance and critical velocity (CV) and anaerobic running capacity (ARC). Fifty-recreationally trained men and were randomly assigned, in a double-blind fashion, to a β-alanine (BA, 2 × 800 mg tabs, 3 × daily; CarnoSyn; n=26) or placebo (PL, 2 x 800 mg maltodextrin tabs, 3 × daily; n=24) group. A graded exercise test (GXT) was performed to establish peak velocity (PV). Three high-speed runs to exhaustion were conducted at 110, 100, and 90% of PV, with 15 min of rest between bouts. The distances achieved were plotted over the times-to-exhaustion (TTE). Linear regression was used to determine the slope (CV) and y-intercept (ARC) of these relationships to assess aerobic and anaerobic performances, respectively. There were no significant treatment effects (p>0.05) on CV or ARC, for either men or women. Additionally, no TTE effects were evident for bouts at 90-110PV lasting 1.95-5.06 min. There seems to be no ergogenic effect of β-alanine supplementation on CV, ARC, or high-intensity running lasting approximately 2-5 min, in either men or women in the current study.

J Strength Cond Res. 2012 Jul 12. High-velocity intermittent running: effects of beta-alanine supplementation.

maqan
2012-07-17, 19:40
15 min vila känns som lite väl länge.

Sniggel
2012-07-18, 00:50
15 min vila känns som lite väl länge.

Varför det? Eller hur skulle det påverka menar du?

maqan
2012-07-18, 19:30
Tanken med β-alanin är väl att öka karnosinhalten i musklerna, vilket verkar som en buffer, och på så vis förlänga tiden till utmattning samt förbättra återhämtning mellan ansträngning? I sådana fall känns det väl lämpligare att testa med relativt kort vila.

Sniggel
2012-07-19, 01:44
Ja kanske det. Men det borde ju visa sig i själva loppen (oavsett vila) då det ska "öka tiden till utmattning". Eller?