handdator

Visa fullständig version : Koffein - Vätskedrivande..

Hnke
2004-01-30, 14:26
Vätskedrivande eller ej? letade med srearch funktionen men hittade (såg) inte en sån tråd.. så Grub... e det vätskedrivande ?

kelk
2004-01-30, 14:36
Ja

EDIT: http://susning.nu/Koffein
:-)

Hnke
2004-01-30, 14:39
tack, bara så att jag läste att i en ny studie visade det sig att det inte var vätskedrivande....

King Grub
2004-01-30, 14:53
Koffein är vätskedrivande, men inte så mycket att det verkar uttorkande. I kaffeform är själva vätskan man får i sig tillräcklig för att neutralisera den vätskedrivande effekten. Ju större dos koffein, desto viktigare att kompensera med ökat vätskeintag samtidigt, speciellt om det gäller koffeintabletter.

Int J Sport Nutr Exerc Metab. 2002 Jun;12(2):189-206. Related Articles, Links

Caffeine, body fluid-electrolyte balance, and exercise performance.

Armstrong LE.

Departments of Kinesiology, Nutritional Sciences, and Physiology & Neurobiology, University of Connecticut, Storrs, CT 06269-1110, USA.

Recreational enthusiasts and athletes often are advised to abstain from consuming caffeinated beverages (CB). The dual purposes of this review are to (a) critique controlled investigations regarding the effects of caffeine on dehydration and exercise performance, and (b) ascertain whether abstaining from CB is scientifically and physiologically justifiable. The literature indicates that caffeine consumption stimulates a mild diuresis similar to water, but there is no evidence of a fluid-electrolyte imbalance that is detrimental to exercise performance or health. Investigations comparing caffeine (100-680 mg) to water or placebo seldom found a statistical difference in urine volume. In the 10 studies reviewed, consumption of a CB resulted in 0-84% retention of the initial volume ingested, whereas consumption of water resulted in 0-81% retention. Further, tolerance to caffeine reduces the likelihood that a detrimental fluid-electrolyte imbalance will occur. The scientific literature suggests that athletes and recreational enthusiasts will not incur detrimental fluid-electrolyte imbalances if they consume CB in moderation and eat a typical U.S. diet. Sedentary members of the general public should be a less risk than athletes because their fluid losses via sweating are smaller.