handdator

Visa fullständig version : Ordering from the UK

eistee13
2012-03-09, 12:28
Hej,

I will be in Sweden for a couple of months and now I tried to order some protein powder from the UK (where I always get my stuff from) but at the check out the system informed me that there might be problems with customs or at least some restrictions.

As I could not find anything on the swedish customs website, I wanted to ask if it is possible to order protein powder from the UK to Sweden without getting problems or doing something illegal !?

Thanks in advance for any infos!
Greets!

mini
2012-03-09, 12:31
It seems to be much trouble for something pretty unneccessary. Why not buy in Sweden?

eistee13
2012-03-09, 12:45
Hej,
actually I buy from that particular store (don't know if allowed to post website) because they offer their own bulk protein powder, unflavoured + tasting systems, some cheap snacks, and of course I like the cheap price :D

mini
2012-03-09, 12:50
Ok. Probably the shipping will swallow the savings on the price. Kolozzeum is also a web shop. You of course dont know the taste, but they have different producers so maybe you find a powder similar in content as the one you usually have.

<Mike>
2012-03-09, 12:52
Hej,
actually I buy from that particular store (don't know if allowed to post website) because they offer their own bulk protein powder, unflavoured + tasting systems, some cheap snacks, and of course I like the cheap price :D

Have you compared the prices with our swedish suppliers? Considering shipment costs, I doubt that it'd be cheaper to order from the UK. Not to mention the time it'd take before you'd actually get your protein.

The much better alternative is to buy something from a swedish supplier. What's the price of the protein supplement you're buying in the UK?

Snobbe
2012-03-09, 12:57
The shipping from UK isn't that crazy as people seem to think. Some companies have great shipping costs to Sweden from the UK. Depends on how much you buy of course but that will also raise the price if you buy tons of powder in Sweden as well.

<Mike>
2012-03-09, 13:07
The shipping from UK isn't that crazy as people seem to think. Some companies have great shipping costs to Sweden from the UK. Depends on how much you buy of course but that will also raise the price if you buy tons of powder in Sweden as well.

Most sites offer free shipment within Sweden.
What is it you're after, a gainer? You said bulk protein powder. There are gainers ranging in price from around 10 pound/kg to 30 pound/kg, and I doubt that what you're after is much cheaper than that.
What's the name of the brand you're after anyway? They might have a swedish retailer.

eistee13
2012-03-09, 13:09
Hej,

thanks for your many answers so far!
Shipping cost is about 90-100kr btw.

I was considering ordering from a swedish site but wanted to give my long-time shop a try before.
So, has anyone infos about custom regulations !?

Thx guys!

Olegh
2012-03-09, 13:12
There should be absolutely no problem with shipping from any country within the EU.

Nils.R
Try sending a PM to sparven from minsk (or wait until he replys here).
He works with customs iirc

<Mike>
Lol, snobbe, läste inte ditt användarnamn så trodde du var samma snubbe ;)

Sparven från Minsk
2012-03-09, 19:01
Try sending a PM to sparven from minsk (or wait until he replys here).
He works with customs iirc

Fick ett PM och besvarat.

För de som undrar, vi har fri handel inom EU så köper man från land inom EU ska man slippa moms och tullavgifter.
Det som tillkommer borde enbart vara fraktkostnad.
Land utanför EU så blir det tullavgifter och moms, och då är det i regel billigare att beställa inom Sverige.

Nu är jag inte inom effektiv handel som har hand om dessa ärenden. Men lite kan jag allt ;)
Vill man vara 100 % säker så kan man alltid ringa tullens växel och där snabbt få hjälp.