handdator

Visa fullständig version : Protein för idrottsmän

King Grub
2011-12-14, 18:10
Opinion on the role of protein in promoting athletic performance is divided along the lines of how much aerobic-based versus resistance-based activity the athlete undertakes. Athletes seeking to gain muscle mass and strength are likely to consume higher amounts of dietary protein than their endurance-trained counterparts. The main belief behind the large quantities of dietary protein consumption in resistance-trained athletes is that it is needed to generate more muscle protein. Athletes may require protein for more than just alleviation of the risk for deficiency, inherent in the dietary guidelines, but also to aid in an elevated level of functioning and possibly adaptation to the exercise stimulus. It does appear, however, that there is a good rationale for recommending to athletes protein intakes that are higher than the RDA. Our consensus opinion is that leucine, and possibly the other branched-chain amino acids, occupy a position of prominence in stimulating muscle protein synthesis; that protein intakes in the range of 1.3-1.8 g · kg(-1) · day(-1) consumed as 3-4 isonitrogenous meals will maximize muscle protein synthesis. These recommendations may also be dependent on training status: experienced athletes would require less, while more protein should be consumed during periods of high frequency/intensity training. Elevated protein consumption, as high as 1.8-2.0 g · kg(-1) · day(-1) depending on the caloric deficit, may be advantageous in preventing lean mass losses during periods of energy restriction to promote fat loss.

J Sports Sci. 2011;29(sup1):S29-S38. Dietary protein for athletes: From requirements to optimum adaptation.

maqan
2011-12-14, 20:21
Känns som rimliga antaganden.

Sverker
2011-12-14, 20:25
Fast detta är intressant:
These recommendations may also be dependent on training status: experienced athletes would require less, while more protein should be consumed during periods of high frequency/intensity training.

Tuffare träning och mer protein är klart. Men varför skulle erfarna behöva mindre. Någon gissning ?

King Grub
2011-12-14, 20:28
Man blir effektivare på att utnyttja proteinet man får ju mer man tränar, kanske.

There is no evidence that habitual exercise increases protein requirements; indeed protein metabolism may become more efficient as a result of training.

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/10940342

Morty
2011-12-15, 11:14
Vad betyder detta?
consumed as 3-4 isonitrogenous meals

Eddie Vedder
2011-12-15, 11:15
Vad betyder detta?

Lika mycket kväve. Samma mängd protein alltså.

Morty
2011-12-15, 11:24
Jaså!

Hur kommer det sig att det spelar roll? Inställningen på kolo verkar mest vara "skit samma så länge du får i dig tänkt mängd".

Nils.R
2011-12-15, 11:40
Jaså!

Hur kommer det sig att det spelar roll? Inställningen på kolo verkar mest vara "skit samma så länge du får i dig tänkt mängd".

Minska antalet variabler gissar jag på.

Obs. okvalificerad gissning

young_george
2011-12-15, 13:47
Jaså!

Det stämmer säkert att det maximerar proteinsyntesen, men frågan är om det i sig kommer ha en avgörande effekt på muskelmassan.

Kan ju finnas andra mekanismer som inverkar.

King Grub
2011-12-15, 13:51
Nedbrytningen är antagligen betydligt mindre viktig än uppbyggnaden för kontroll över muskelmassans storlek.

What about the other major process of protein turnover, protein breakdown; does this not pay an important regulatory role in the control of the size of the muscle mass? In our studies it does contribute, but the extent of its contribution is much less: during feeding of a protein-rich meal muscle protein breakdown decreases about 20%, whereas muscle protein synthesis may double. Regulation of muscle bulk protein also appears to be attuned not to a direct effect of protein but to a secondary effect of the stimulation of insulin by components of a meal, including glucose and amino acids.

http://ep.physoc.org/content/90/4/427.full

Eddie Vedder
2011-12-15, 15:23
Jaså!

Fast i artikeln utgår man ju, som du ser, ifrån lägre totalintag än vad Kolofolk oftast ligger på. Då kanske det kan bli mer aktuellt. Eller så är det baserat på forskning som inte kan ge mer svar än så (det man inte studerat kan man inte nämna i en sån här artikel oavsett vad man tror) eller så har vi på Kolo helt fel.

Och angående "skit samma" så vet jag ingen av de kunniga på Kolo som någonsin påstått att exempelvis en enda måltid är precis lika bra. För den som påstår det påstår något lika ogrundat som att säga att man måste äta var tredje timme.

Ola Wallengren
2011-12-15, 15:53
Tanken är nog att om man äter 3-4 måltider a 25-30g så blir det ungefär vad personen behöver. Alternativ som 100+10+5+5 är förmodligen sämre (men det är inte helt säkert).