handdator

Visa fullständig version : Nedreglering av signaler för proteinsyntes efter styrketräning hos äldre

King Grub
2011-07-30, 08:54
BACKGROUND:

Sarcopenia, the loss of skeletal muscle mass during aging, increases the risk for falls and dependency. Resistance exercise (RE) training is an effective treatment to improve muscle mass and strength in older adults, but aging is associated with a smaller amount of training-induced hypertrophy. This may be due in part to an inability to stimulate muscle-protein synthesis (MPS) after an acute bout of RE. We hypothesized that older adults would have impaired mammalian target of rapamycin complex (mTORC)1 signaling and MPS response compared with young adults after acute RE.

METHODS:

We measured intracellular signaling and MPS in 16 older (mean 70 ± 2 years) and 16 younger (27 ± 2 years) subjects. Muscle biopsies were sampled at baseline and at 3, 6 and 24 hr after exercise. Phosphorylation of regulatory signaling proteins and MPS were determined on successive muscle biopsies by immunoblotting and stable isotopic tracer techniques, respectively.

RESULTS:

Increased phosphorylation was seen only in the younger group (P< 0.05) for several key signaling proteins after exercise, including mammalian target of rapamycin (mTOR), ribosomal S6 kinase (S6K)1, eukaryotic initiation factor 4E-binding protein (4E-BP)1 and extracellular signal-regulated kinase (ERK)1/2, with no changes seen in the older group (P >0.05). After exercise, MPS increased from baseline only in the younger group (P< 0.05), with MPS being significantly greater than that in the older group (P <0.05).

CONCLUSIONS:

We conclude that aging impairs contraction-induced human skeletal muscle mTORC1 signaling and protein synthesis. These age-related differences may contribute to the blunted hypertrophic response seen after resistance-exercise training in older adults, and highlight the mTORC1 pathway as a key therapeutic target to prevent sarcopenia.

Skelet Muscle. 2011 Mar 2;1(1):11. Aging impairs contraction-induced human skeletal muscle mTORC1 signaling and protein synthesis.

maqan
2011-07-30, 09:21
Hur ska man då direkt kunna påverka mTOR när man blir äldre? Vassle/EAA/BCAA?

Anders The Peak
2011-07-30, 09:28
Artikeln i sin helhet. (http://www.skeletalmusclejournal.com/content/pdf/2044-5040-1-11.pdf)

maqan leucine verkar påverka genuttrycket fast effektivast är HRT(Hormon replacement treatment) Är vida använt i USA...

Vakten
2011-07-30, 23:11
Kan någon förklara vad denna upptäckt innebär i praktiken för mig som en 55+ 'are?

Doctor Snuggles
2011-07-30, 23:21
Kan någon förklara vad denna upptäckt innebär i praktiken för mig som en 55+ 'are?

Det är svårare för dig att bygga muskler. Men det känns väl knappast som en nyhet.

King Grub
2011-07-31, 07:59
Jag är inte alls säker på att 55 är en ålder då detta är relevant.

Anders The Peak
2011-07-31, 08:40
Jag tror att det blir märkbart först efter 65-67 år. Äldre svarar lika bra på styrketräning som en yngre individ procentuellt men oftast har de förlorat en hel del muskelmassa som gör att de inte får samma slutresultat. Vid tidigare studier så är det först >80 år som det blir svårt att påverka muskelmassan men de har fortfarande styrkeutveckling. Det bör flera av forumets sjukgymnaster intyga om..

Vakten
2011-07-31, 09:41
Pga aminosyreresistens så krävs det mer protein för anabol respons när man är gammal (säg 70+) säger Grub i följande tråd.

http://www.kolozzeum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=166998

Kan det vara så att man svarar sämre på träning som äldre är ett resultat av båda faktorerna (Aminosyreresistens och nedreglering av signallering för proteinsyntes). I så fall blir det svettigt om man vill hålla formen på äldre dar.

King Grub
2011-08-09, 08:39
BACKGROUND:

It is unclear how aging affects adaptive responses to resistance exercise training (RET), especially in women. We hypothesized that (i) increases in muscle mass and function after RET would be blunted in older women, and (ii) reduced 'pro-anabolic' changes in gene expression after a single bout of RE may underlie the blunting.
METHODS:

Muscle biopsies were obtained from 9 older (76-82y) and 16 younger (19-30y) women at rest and 2.5h after RE (6×20 quadriceps maximal voluntary contractions (MVCs)) for measurement of select anabolic (e.g. IGFs, MyoD) and catabolic (e.g. MAFBx, MuRF-1) transcripts by RT-PCR. Thereafter participants undertook a supervised program of RET (4×15 MVCs 3× wk/12wk). We measured knee extensor muscle volume, fatty infiltration, and mechanical muscle quality before and after RET.
RESULTS:

Before RET, older women were ~30% weaker (MVC 208 vs. 297N) and had ~40% less quadriceps muscle (0.97 vs. 1.54L) with greater fatty infiltration (14% vs. 10%). The most notable difference in mRNA expression after RE was for regulated in development and DNA damage response 1 (REDD1) (an endogenous suppressor of mammalian target of rapamycin (mTOR) signaling), which was depressed (-80%), but only in young women. Moreover, adaptive responses to RET were blunted in older women with respect to increases in muscle volume (+2.5% (old) vs. +6.2% (young)) and strength (+16% (old) vs. +27% (young)).
CONCLUSIONS:

Adaptations to RET are markedly blunted in older women, perhaps in-part due to the inability to downregulate REDD1 and thus upregulate mTOR signaling after RE.

Exp Gerontol. 2011 Jul 28. Blunting of adaptive responses to resistance exercise training in women over 75y.