handdator

Visa fullständig version : Kamelmjölk för glykemisk kontroll hos diabetiker

King Grub
2011-06-02, 09:42
Background/Objectives: Hypoglycemic effect of camel milk supplementation in experimental rat model and significant reduction in doses of insulin in type 1 diabetic patients have been observed in our previous studies. This long-term study was undertaken to assess the efficacy, safety and acceptability of camel milk as an adjunct to insulin therapy in type 1 diabetics.

Subjects/Methods: In this 2-year randomized clinical, parallel design study, 24 type 1 diabetics were enrolled and divided into two groups. Group I (n=12) received usual care, that is, diet, exercise and insulin and Group II (n=12) received 500 ml camel milk in addition to the usual care. Insulin requirement was titrated weekly by blood glucose estimation. Results were analyzed by using the regression technique.

Results: In camel milk group, there was decrease in mean blood glucose (118.58±19-93.16±17.06 mg/dl), hemoglobin A1c levels (7.81±1.39-5.44±0.81%) and insulin doses (32.50±9.99-17.50±12.09 U/day, P<0.05). Out of 12 subjects receiving camel milk, insulin requirement in 3 subjects reduced to zero. There was nonsignificant change in plasma insulin and anti-insulin antibodies in both the groups.

Conclusion: It may be stated that camel milk is safe and efficacious in improving long-term glycemic control, with a significant reduction in the doses of insulin in type 1 diabetic patients.

Eur J Clin Nutr. 2011 Jun 1. Effect of camel milk on glycemic control and insulin requirement in patients with type 1 diabetes: 2-years randomized controlled trial.

ArtArtan
2011-06-02, 10:19
Vart får man tag i denna produkt?

clappen
2011-06-02, 11:35
Undrar hur kamelmjölk smakar? :D Skulle gärna vilja provat om det fanns att få tag på någonstans

King Grub
2011-06-02, 11:37
Europas enda kamelmejeri finns i Holland.

Sverker
2011-06-02, 17:06
Jag är inte med alls:confused:

insulin requirement in 3 subjects reduced to zero..
Antingen har man insulin eller så har man det inte.Det finns inte riktigt i min värld att någon utan insulinproduktion kan klara sig utan insulin:confused:

Nästa fråga. Vad finns i kamelmjölk som liknar eller förstärker insulinets effekt ?