handdator

Visa fullständig version : Antioxidanter i kakaoprodukter och produkter från olika frukter och bär

Eddie Vedder
2011-02-07, 20:22
Abstract (provisional)

Background

Numerous popular media sources have developed lists of "Super Foods" and, more recently, "Super Fruits". Such distinctions often are based on the antioxidant capacity and content of naturally occurring compounds such as polyphenols within those whole fruits or juices of the fruit which may be linked to potential health benefits. Cocoa powder and chocolate are made from an extract of the seeds of the fruit of the Theobroma cacao tree. In this study, we compared cocoa powder and cocoa products to powders and juices derived from fruits commonly considered "Super Fruits".
Results

Various fruit powders and retail fruit products were obtained and analyzed for antioxidant capacity (ORAC (uM TE/g)), total polyphenol content (TP (mg/g)), and total flavanol content (TF (mg/g)). Among the various powders that were tested, cocoa powder was the most concentrated source of ORAC and TF. Similarly, dark chocolate was a significantly more concentrated source of ORAC and TF than the fruit juices.
Conclusions

Cocoa powder and dark chocolate had equivalent or significantly greater ORAC, TP, and TF values compared to the other fruit powders and juices tested, respectively. Cacao seeds thus provide nutritive value beyond that derived from their macronutrient composition and appear to meet the popular media's definition of a "Super Fruit".

http://www.journal.chemistrycentral.com/content/pdf/1752-153x-5-5.pdf

Cacao seeds are a "Super Fruit": A comparative analysis of various fruit powders and products. Chemistry Central Journal 2011, 5:5

Värt att lyfta fram för den som vill konsumera kakao för antixidanternas skull är dock följande:

It is important to note that the cocoa powders, cocoa beverages, and dark chocolates used in this study all contained natural (or non-alkalized) cocoa. In contrast,the hot cocoa mixes were made with alkalized or so called dutched, cocoa. Alkalinization is used to mellow the flavor of cocoa [9], however the process has been shown to destroy polyphenolic compounds [10] and is likely responsible for the significant differences in ORAC, TP, and TC values observed between hot cocoa mix and the other cocoa products. The extent of polyphenol destruction is proportional to the degree of alkalization and change in the water extractable pH of the resulting powder [10]. Therefore, consumers should be aware that antioxidant capacity and polyphenol content may be severely diminished in alkalized cocoa powder and products made with alkalized cocoa.

kettlebellGuden
2011-02-07, 20:26
organic fint cocoa powder gör sig bra i kaffet å grädden.

hejhopp79
2011-02-07, 21:01
Intressant

Vad inhandlar man det här "organic fint cocoa powder"?

Onigiri
2011-02-07, 21:27
Så ögon kakao gills inte? :(

kettlebellGuden
2011-02-07, 21:39
Intressant

Vad inhandlar man det här "organic fint cocoa powder"?

Alltså jag handlar det på ICA...

MEN jag har, tack vare mikaelj (som då påstod att ICA inte sålde kallpressad kokosfett), fått reda på att ICA där jag bor inte är som andra ICA. ICA här har en gigantiskt "hippie-avdelning" med tonvis med veggo, raw, kallpressat, eko, och organic whatnot. Allt det det som säljs i hippiebutikerna. Tydligen är inte andra ICA så. Där hittade jag riktigt fint organic cocoa powder typ oprocesserat.

Förmodar att närmsta webshop fungerar bra.

RassK
2011-02-07, 22:19
Dessa detaljerade tabeller kan vara av intresse om man överväger vilken som är "nyttigast" av kakaoprodukterna.
Om det nu är politiskt korrekt att säga så. Själv är jag ett fan av J.D. Gross

http://www.gp.se/polopoly_fs/1.527956.1294826587!/1230_mork_choklad.pdf
http://gd.se/polopoly_fs/1.2607574.1293437293!/Choklad.pdf

Frumpish
2011-02-07, 23:00
ICA maxi här i stan har Kung markattas kravmärkta, är mycket tveksam till att den skulle vara alkaliserad (svensk stavning?)

Mycket nice är den, dock lite dyr, 160kr/kg

Finns ju en ica "i love eco" kakao, den kanske inte är raffinerad heller?

stevebc
2011-02-07, 23:17
Snap! Jag konsumerar en hel del kakao. Det blir åtminstone ett paket i veckan.

Bozar
2011-02-08, 13:28
Hur kan man se om kakaoprodukten är alkaliserad eller inte?

malfunction
2011-02-08, 16:52
STOPPA PRESSARNA! Är inte min dagliga O'boy nyttig?!

Barca
2011-02-08, 20:43
STOPPA PRESSARNA! Är inte min dagliga O'boy nyttig?!

Oboy är ALLTID nyttigt, optimalt, you name it! :)

dt06mj2
2011-06-20, 15:45
Hur kan man se om kakaoprodukten är alkaliserad eller inte?

Någon som vet?