handdator

Visa fullständig version : Koppling mellan intag av artificiellt sötade drycker och prematur förlossning

King Grub
2010-07-02, 09:52
Background: Sugar-sweetened soft drinks have been linked to a number of adverse health outcomes such as high weight gain. Therefore, artificially sweetened soft drinks are often promoted as an alternative. However, the safety of artificial sweeteners has been disputed, and consequences of high intakes of artificial sweeteners for pregnant women have been minimally addressed.

Objective: We examined the association between intakes of sugar-sweetened and artificially sweetened soft drinks and preterm delivery.

Design: We conducted prospective cohort analyses of 59,334 women from the Danish National Birth Cohort (1996–2002). Soft drink intake was assessed in midpregnancy by using a food-frequency questionnaire. Preterm delivery (<37 wk) was the primary outcome measure. Covariate information was assessed by telephone interviews.

Results: There was an association between intake of artificially sweetened carbonated and noncarbonated soft drinks and an increased risk of preterm delivery (P for trend: ≤0.001, both variables). In comparison with women with no intake of artificially sweetened carbonated soft drinks, the adjusted odds ratio for women who consumed ≥1 serving of artificially sweetened carbonated soft drinks/d was 1.38 (95% CI: 1.15, 1.65). The corresponding odds ratio for women who consumed ≥4 servings of artificially sweetened carbonated soft drinks/d was 1.78 (95% CI: 1.19, 2.66). The association was observed for normal-weight and overweight women. A stronger increase in risk was observed for early preterm and moderately preterm delivery than with late-preterm delivery. No association was observed for sugar-sweetened carbonated soft drinks (P for trend: 0.29) or for sugar-sweetened noncarbonated soft drinks (P for trend: 0.93).

Conclusions: Daily intake of artificially sweetened soft drinks may increase the risk of preterm delivery. Further studies are needed to reject or confirm these findings.

http://www.ajcn.org/cgi/rapidpdf/ajcn.2009.28968v1

Juggernaut78
2010-07-02, 10:41
Ganska anmärkningsvärt IMHO, fast jag fattar inte riktigt nedanstående:
"No association was observed for sugar-sweetened carbonated soft drinks (P for trend: 0.29) or for sugar-sweetened unoncarbonated soft drinks (P for trend: 0.93)."

Dom testade alltså nackdelar med sötningsmedel i kolsyredrycker men inte sötningsmedel i icke kolsyredrycker, däremot så testade dom bägge för socker-sötade drycker?

Borde man inte haft med även sötningsmedel för okolsyrade drycker? Verkar ju som kolsyran i sig utgör en riskfaktor :/.

dupper
2010-07-02, 11:08
De testade ju både kolsyrade och okolsyrade drycker i båda fallen. Du läste nog bara fel.

Juggernaut78
2010-07-02, 11:40
De testade ju både kolsyrade och okolsyrade drycker i båda fallen. Du läste nog bara fel.
Hrm jao det har du rätt i.
Dock vet man ju ändå inte om resultaten blev olika för kolsyrade/okolsyrade artificiell-sötade drycker? Men det borde dom väl skrivit dit i sammanfattningen om så var fallet I guess då väl det vore en ganska major grej om kolsyra också var en bov i dramat...

Sen missuppfattade jag nog "(P for trend: 0.93)."-uttrycket också...

King Grub
2012-08-01, 15:16
Background:

Artificially sweetened (AS) and sugar-sweetened (SS) beverages are commonly consumed during pregnancy. A recent Danish study reported that the daily intake of an AS beverage was associated with an increased risk of preterm delivery.

Objective:

We examined the intake of AS and SS beverages in pregnant women to replicate the Danish study and observe whether AS intake is indeed associated with preterm delivery.

Design:

This was a prospective study of 60,761 pregnant women in the Norwegian Mother and Child Cohort Study. Intakes of carbonated and noncarbonated AS and SS beverages and use of artificial sweeteners in hot drinks were assessed by a self-reported food-frequency questionnaire in midpregnancy. Preterm delivery was the primary outcome, and data were obtained from the Norwegian Medical Birth Registry.

Results:

Intakes of both AS and SS beverages increased with increasing BMI and energy intake and were higher in women with less education, in daily smokers, and in single women. A high intake of AS beverages was associated with preterm delivery; the adjusted OR for those drinking >1 serving/d was 1.11 (95% CI: 1.00, 1.24). Drinking >1 serving of SS beverages per day was also associated with an increased risk of preterm delivery (adjusted OR: 1.25; 95% CI: 1.08, 1.45). The trend tests were positive for both beverage types.

Conclusion:

This study suggests that a high intake of both AS and SS beverages is associated with an increased risk of preterm delivery.

Association between intake of artificially sweetened and sugar-sweetened beverages and preterm delivery: a large prospective cohort study. Am J Clin Nutr August 1, 2012.

http://www.ajcn.org/content/early/2012/07/31/ajcn.111.031567.full.pdf+html