handdator

Visa fullständig version : Riskmängd kvarg?!?

HardAsHell
2010-02-15, 20:57
Någon som vet vad som är "för mycket" kvarg?
D v s vad som inte är en hälsosam konsumtion...? Överkonsumtion.
Vart går gränsen tror ni - bortsett från att man bör ha en varierad kost såklart.

Äter f n ca 500-750 g/dygn.

Och jag söker här svar från någon mer eller mindre kunnig... inte svar som "jag äter 2 kg /dag och bra, höhö" etc etc.

Tack på förhand.

/H

Eddie Vedder
2010-02-15, 21:00
Det har diskuterats i massor av trådar, sök på IGF-1 t.ex. Bortsett från att det inte blir lika extrema mängder salt och kalcium från kvargen som från vanlig hårdost så kan ju bla den här trådens diskussion även överföras på extrem kvargkonsumtion:

http://www.kolozzeum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=143752

minishcap
2010-02-15, 21:05
Jag har ätit 500 gram kvarg varje dag i över två år och har aldrig upplevt någon negativ påverkan.

Trots att jag även intar andra mjölkprodukter kommer jag inte över den rekommenderade intagsgränsen av kalcium.

Eddie Vedder
2010-02-15, 21:09
Jag har ätit 500 gram kvarg varje dag i över två år och har aldrig upplevt någon negativ påverkan.

Oj två år! Ja har man inte dött kvargdöden efter hela TVÅ ÅR kan det ju definitivt inte finnas något negativt.;)

Och hur skulle den kvargrelaterade ohälsan kännas specifikt så att man vet att just kvargen är orsak eller ej?:)

minishcap
2010-02-15, 21:12
Oj två år! Ja har man inte dött kvargdöden efter hela TVÅ ÅR kan det ju definitivt inte finnas något negativt.;)

Och hur skulle den kvargrelaterade ohälsan kännas specifikt så att man vet att just kvargen är orsak eller ej?:)

Ingen prostatacancer än i alla fall, i alla fall inte enligt läkaren som gjorde min senaste hälsokoll. :)

Eddie Vedder
2010-02-15, 21:19
Ingen prostatacancer än i alla fall, i alla fall inte enligt läkaren som gjorde min senaste hälsokoll. :)

Hehe, hoppas du inte uppfattade mig som dryg. Försökte vara lite provocerande bara. Jag adderade två smileys för att förtydliga min något sarkastiska håålning för säkerhets skull och hoppas att det gick fram.:D

Men poängen är den att kvarg i sig givetvis har extremt liten påverkan som oberoende faktor för ohälsan och inte ens något så extremt som rökning lär visa tydliga hälsokonsekvenser efter bara två år. Det kan alltså mycket väl vara negativt med storkonsumtion av kvarg men det lär inte yttras på två år och eventuell framtida ohälsa kommer inte kunna kopplas till kvargkonsumtionen i sig.

Lite översiktsartiklar om IGF-1 och cancer för den som kanske har intresse:

BACKGROUND: Insulin-like growth factor (IGF)-I and its main binding protein, IGFBP-3, modulate cell growth and survival, and are thought to be important in tumour development. Circulating concentrations of IGF-I might be associated with an increased risk of cancer, whereas IGFBP-3 concentrations could be associated with a decreased cancer risk. METHODS: We did a systematic review and meta-regression analysis of case-control studies, including studies nested in cohorts, of the association between concentrations of IGF-I and IGFBP-3 and prostate, colorectal, premenopausal and postmenopausal breast, and lung cancer. Study-specific dose-response slopes were obtained by relating the natural log of odds ratios for different exposure levels to blood concentrations normalised to a percentile scale. FINDINGS: We identified 21 eligible studies (26 datasets), which included 3609 cases and 7137 controls. High concentrations of IGF-I were associated with an increased risk of prostate cancer (odds ratio comparing 75th with 25th percentile 1.49, 95% CI 1.14-1.95) and premenopausal breast cancer (1.65, 1.26-2.08) and high concentrations of IGFBP-3 were associated with increased risk of premenopausal breast cancer (1.51, 1.01-2.27). Associations were larger in assessments of plasma samples than in serum samples, and in standard case-control studies compared with nested studies. INTERPRETATION: Circulating concentrations of IGF-I and IGFBP-3 are associated with an increased risk of common cancers, but associations are modest and vary between sites. Although laboratory methods need to be standardised, these epidemiological observations could have major implications for assessment of risk and prevention of cancer.

Insulin-like growth factor (IGF)-I, IGF binding protein-3, and cancer risk: systematic review and meta-regression analysis. Lancet. 2004 Apr 24;363(9418):1346-53.

The insulin-like growth factor (IGF) family of ligands, binding proteins and receptors is an important growth factor system involved in both the development of the organism and the maintenance of normal function of many cells of the body. The system also has powerful anti-apoptotic effects. More recently, evidence has accrued to demonstrate that the IGFs play an important role in cancer. Individuals with serum IGF-II levels in the upper quartile of the normal range (and IGF binding protein-3 levels in the lower quartiles) have a relative risk for developing breast, prostate, colon and lung cancer. IGF-II is commonly expressed by tumor cells and may act as an autocrine growth factor; occasionally even reaching target tissues and causing tumor-induced hypoglycemia. The IGF-I receptor is commonly (though not always) overexpressed in many cancers, and many recent studies have identified new signaling pathways emanating from the IGF-I receptor that affect cancer cell proliferation, adhesion, migration and cell death; functions that are critical for cancer cell survival and metastases. In this review, many aspects of the IGF system and its relationship to cancer will be discussed.

The insulin-like growth factor system and cancer. Cancer Lett. 2003 Jun 10;195(2):127-37.

Interest in the role of the insulin-like growth factor (IGF) axis in growth control and carcinogenesis has recently been increased by the finding of elevated serum insulin-like growth factor I (IGF-I) levels in association with three of the most prevalent cancers in the United States: prostate cancer, colorectal cancer, and lung cancer. IGFs serve as endocrine, autocrine, and paracrine stimulators of mitogenesis, survival, and cellular transformation. These actions are mediated through the type 1 IGF-receptor (IGF-1R), a tyrosine kinase that resembles the insulin receptor. The availability of free IGF for interaction with the IGF-1R is modulated by the insulin-like growth factor-binding proteins (IGFBPs). IGFBPs, especially IGFBP-3, also have IGF-independent effects on cell growth. IGF-independent growth inhibition by IGFBP-3 is believed to occur through IGFBP-3-specific cell surface association proteins or receptors and involves nuclear translocation. IGFBP-3-mediated apoptosis is controlled by numerous cell cycle regulators in both normal and disease processes. IGFBP activity is also regulated by IGFBP proteases, which affect the relative affinities of IGFBPs, IGFs and IGF-1R. Perturbations in each level of the IGF axis have been implicated in cancer formation and progression in various cell types.

Role of insulin-like growth factors and their binding proteins in growth control and carcinogenesis. J Cell Physiol. 2000 Apr;183(1):1-9.

Insulin-like growth factor (IGF)-I is an important mitogen required by some cell types to progress from the G1 phase to the S phase of the cell cycle. IGF binding proteins (IGFBPs) can have opposing actions, in part by binding IGF-I, but also by direct inhibitory effects on target cells. As mitogens and anti-apoptotic agents, IGFs may be important in carcinogenesis, possibly by increasing the risk of cellular transformation by enhancing cell turnover. Indeed, many types of neoplastic cells express or overexpress IGF-I receptors, which stimulate mitogenesis when activated by IGF-I in vitro. In vivo, tissue IGF bioactivity is determined not only by circulating IGF-I and IGFBP levels, but also by local production of IGFs, IGFBPs, and possibly IGFBP proteases that enhance IGF-I availability by cleaving IGFBPs. Because determinants of tissue IGF bioactivity appear to be regulated in parallel with circulating IGF-I level, it is reasonable to hypothesize that the substantial intraindividual variability in circulating levels of IGF-I and IGFBP-3 may be important in determining risk of some cancers. In recent epidemiologic studies, relatively high plasma IGF-I and low IGFBP-3 levels have been independently associated with greater risk of prostate cancer in men, breast cancer among premenopausal women, and colorectal adenoma and cancer in men and women and possibly lung cancer. These include prospective data from the Physicians' Health Study and the Nurses' Health Study. In general, two- to fourfold elevated risks have been observed for prostate cancer in men in the top quartile of IGF-I relative to those in the bottom quartile, and low levels of IGFBP-3 were associated with an approximate doubling of risk. For breast cancer, an association with IGF-I for postmenopausal women was not apparent, but strong associations were observed for premenopausal cases in the Nurses' Health Study. Further study is needed to confirm this subgroup finding in women. Recent data also indicate that high IGF-I and low IGFBP-3 increase risk of colorectal cancer and large or villous adenomas. Of note, for colorectal neoplasia, fourfold elevated risks were observed in men and women with low IGFBP-3, whereas high IGF-I was associated with a doubling of risk. These emerging epidemiologic data indicate that high levels of IGF-I and low levels of IGFBP-3 are associated with an increased risk of at least several types of carcinoma that are common in economically developed countries. Further study is required to determine the clinical relevance of these findings.

Insulin-like growth factor-I and binding protein-3 and risk of cancer. Horm Res. 1999;51 Suppl 3:34-41.

Kei Landin
2010-02-15, 23:12
superintressant man tackar!

HardAsHell
2010-02-16, 15:32
Tack för svar!

Men vilken konsumtion kan ovanstående rön anses vara alarmerande på då?

Är 500-750/dygn en onödigt/farligt hög konsumtion?

Eddie Vedder
2010-02-16, 15:37
Men vilken konsumtion kan ovanstående rön anses vara alarmerande på då?

Helt omöjligt att säga.

Men allmänna rekommendationer för mjölkkonsumtion brukar ju vara en halv liter per dag och 15 gram ost (vill jag minnas) motsvarar 1 dl mjölk i de rekommendationerna.

Vill man förhålla sig till det så är det väl upp till en själv. Jag gör det definitivt inte.