handdator

Visa fullständig version : Tips på gott chai te?

Anton Fräs
2010-01-18, 02:33
Som rubrik. Köpte friggs och det var helt värdelöst :cryout: Me wants my chai!

Exhale_
2010-01-18, 08:21
Jag vete fan vilket märke som finns att köpa här i Sverige. Men däremot har jag hört att kryddblandningen, om du är ett fan av Masala chai, ska finnas att köpa i välsorterade butiker. Det är ju Masala chai som är chai för mig, hur är det för dig? :)

Morty
2010-01-18, 09:51
"Masala Chai" i någon välsorterad tebutik. Vet att Johan & Nyström har ett antal sorter i sin konceptbutik på Mariatorget.

Sen ska den kokas med mjölk, inte vatten.

Morty
2010-01-18, 09:53
Hittade detta
Preparing chai tea is an art and I grew up watching my mom preparing tea and learnt how to make Masala Chai from my her.Each home has its own spice blend to make Masala Chai.We make our spice mix or masala chai spice mix by coarsely crushing the whole spices (green cardamoms, black pepper, ginger,cloves, cinnamon).Here's how you perpare Masala Chai:

Ingredients:

1 ½ cups water

2/3rd cup whole milk

3-4 tsp. sugar (or to taste)

3 teaspoons any loose black tea or 4 single tea bags

1/4th teaspoon Masala Tea mixture (Pound 1 cinnamon stick (1" inches), 2 green cardamom pods ,2 black peppercorns ,1 clove,1/2 tsp ginger powder)

Add water to a stainless steel vessel and bring to a boil. Add the masala tea spice mixture. Let it boil for a minute.Now add milk and sugar and bring to boil again and simmer. Add the tea powder or tea bags. Once the mixture rises to the brim remove from heat immediately and turn off heat.Let it sit for 2 mts. Use a tea strainer and strain the tea into two cups and serve hot.

Note: You can play with spices to suit your taste and instead of the Masala Chai mixture you can add a pinch of cardamom powder or ginger pwd or fresh ginger.Whenever we were down with the cold blues my mother would add ginger and black peppercorns to the tea instead of the usual masala mix.You can read more about how to fight cold with effective home remedies like ginger tea, herbs and spices here.

tsp
2010-01-19, 00:27
Tacka vet jag Fortnum and Masons Chai! http://www.fortnumandmason.com/product/chai-tea,9391.aspx