handdator

Visa fullständig version : Forskning

sipowitz
2003-08-18, 10:21
Hej!

Vet att ämnet gi har varit uppe på tapeten alldeles för många gånger på detta forumet... sökte men hittade dock inte följande..

När man mäter gi-värdet så görs det genom att mäta blocksockrets stegring och frisättningen av insulin under en längre tid..

Men fråga är därför, hur går dessa mätningarna till i praktiken. Snackar vi "längre tid" som i flera månader? Jag tycker även resultatet borde bli annorlunda beroende på testperson och vad denne har ätit innan testet

(eller har de en person som får äta exakt samma sak i flera månader tills de testat alla produkter ;-)

Tackar!

King Grub
2003-08-18, 10:26
Rick Mendosa säger:

"Basically, test foods are fed to various people, some with diabetes, others without, in portions that contain 50 grams of available carbohydrates. The 50 gram carbohydrate portion is specified in Dr. Wolever's methodology paper as 50 grams of available carbohydrates. "That means it excludes the fiber," Professor Brand-Miller writes me. "We have always used a 50 gram available carbohydrate portion and often relied on manufacturers to give us the composition data. I am aware of only one instance where we been given incorrect information and therefore inadvertently included the fiber in the 50 gram carbohydrate portion...but there may be some papers from developing countries where the data is not reliable."

For example, to test boiled spaghetti, the scientists give their subjects 200 grams of spaghetti, which according to standard food composition tables provide 50 grams of available carbohydrate. The scientists compare this response with the volunteer's response to a reference food, which may be either glucose or white bread. Both for the test and for the reference foods the volunteer's response over the next two or three hours is calculated. Rather than measuring a single point, they make the more precise measurement of the area under the curve. Then, they repeat the whole process on different days to reduce the effect of day-to-day variations. "

sipowitz
2003-08-18, 10:32
Kanon! Stora tack för svaret =)