handdator

Visa fullständig version : Fettsyrornas sammansättning och påverkan på energiförbrukning och risk för sjukdom.

King Grub
2009-03-27, 09:34
A high-fat (HF) diet and sedentary lifestyle are implicated in the development of obesity. Controlled feeding studies and measures of short-term resting energy expenditure (REE) have suggested that the type of dietary fat may alter EE.

OBJECTIVE: The objective was to examine the effects of a high-fat (HF) diet rich in either monounsaturated or saturated fatty acids (FAs) and of exercise on EE and chronic disease risk factors.

DESIGN: Eight healthy men [age: 18-45 y; body mass index (in kg/m(2)): 22 +/- 3] were randomly assigned in a 2 x 2 crossover design to 1 of 4 treatments: HF diet (50% of energy) with a high amount of saturated fat (22% of energy) plus exercise (SE) or a sedentary (SS) condition or a diet high in monounsaturated fat (30% of energy) plus exercise (UE) or a sedentary (US) condition. The subjects spent 5 d in a metabolic chamber and cycled at 45% of maximal oxygen uptake for 2 h each day during the exercise visits. Respiratory gases and urinary nitrogen were measured to determine 24-h EE. Resting metabolic rate was measured on days 2, 4, and 6.

RESULTS: Average 24-h EE was not different with respect to dietary FA composition (3202 +/- 146, 3208 +/- 151, 2240 +/- 82, and 2270 +/- 104 for SE, UE, SS, and US, respectively). Total and LDL cholesterol and blood pressure were significantly greater after the SE and SS treatments than after the UE and US treatments.

CONCLUSION: Resting metabolic rate and 24-h EE were not significantly different after short-term exposure to an HF diet rich in monounsaturated FAs or after exposure to a diet rich in saturated FAs in healthy, nonobese men.

Am J Clin Nutr. 2009 Mar 25. Effects of dietary fatty acid composition on 24-h energy expenditure and chronic disease risk factors in men.

http://www.ajcn.org/cgi/rapidpdf/ajcn.2008.27419v1

C.E.J.
2009-03-27, 14:12
Intressant, tack Grub!

Anders The Peak
2009-03-27, 14:37
Det verkar som de kommer fram till det Fredrik Nyström kom fram till i studien SuperSizeMe eller vad han kallade den...

Eddie Vedder
2009-03-27, 16:17
Jag kan ha missuppfattat vad som står men var det alltså åtta personer indelade i fyra grupper och 6 dagars studie? Eller fick varje individ genomföra två av alternativen?

I vilket fall som helst är det ju "i bästa fall" fyra personer och jag kan nog inte hålla med om att det är så intressant.

C.E.J.
2009-03-27, 17:33
Jag kan ha missuppfattat vad som står men var det alltså åtta personer indelade i fyra grupper och 6 dagars studie? Eller fick varje individ genomföra två av alternativen?

I vilket fall som helst är det ju "i bästa fall" fyra personer och jag kan nog inte hålla med om att det är så intressant.

Nah under de omständigheterna så kanske inte :em: