handdator

Visa fullständig version : Mer fett i avföringen vid högt kalciumintag

Eddie Vedder
2008-12-15, 18:38
Det finns mycket som tyder på att högre kalciumintag, främst via ökat intag av mjölkprodukter, kan vara fördelaktigt för viktnedgång. Finns förstås studier som inte visar det sambandet också men likväl diskuteras det ofta.

Oftast är det en ökad lipolytisk effekt som diskuteras men här mätte man hur mycket fett som passerar genom kroppen vid olika kalciumintag och analyserade mer fett i feces hos de försökspersoner som gick på en diet med högre kalciumintag (2300mg) från fettsnåla mjölkprodukter jämfört med försökspersonerna med lägre kalciumintag (700mg).

Abstract
Background: Evidence suggests that dietary calcium intake may be inversely related to body weight. One explanatory mechanism is that dietary calcium increases fecal fat excretion, due to either calcium soap formation and/or binding of bile acids (BAs) in the intestine.

Objective: To examine the effect of calcium from low-fat dairy products on fecal fat excretion.

Design: A randomized crossover study with 11 subjects, comparing two 7-d diets: one high in calcium from low-fat dairy products (high-Ca; 2300 mg Ca per d) and one low in calcium (low-Ca; 700 mg Ca per d).

Measurements: All feces were collected during the last 5 days of each diet period and analyzed for fat, energy and calcium content and fatty acid (FA) and BA composition.

Results: Dairy calcium significantly increased the total fecal fat excretion from 5.40.5 g d-1 on the low-Ca diet to 11.51.4 g d-1 on the high-Ca diet (P<0.001). The fecal energy excretion increased almost correspondingly. Saturated, monounsaturated and polyunsaturated FAs were all excreted in larger amounts on the high-Ca diet (P<0.001 for all), with the effect of calcium being greater for monounsaturated than for saturated FAs. The fecal excretion of BAs was unaffected of calcium intakes.

Conclusions: Increasing the intake of calcium from low-fat dairy products by 1600 mg d-1 for 7 days doubled total fecal fat excretion, but did not affect the excretion of BAs. The results may partially explain why a high-calcium diet can produce weight loss.

http://www.nature.com/ijo/journal/v32/n12/full/ijo2008173a.html

Effect of dairy calcium on fecal fat excretion: a randomized crossover trial. International Journal of Obesity (2008) 32, 1816–1824.

LadyG
2008-12-15, 18:47
Kom det inte ens dansk studie för inte så länge sedan som påvisade sambandet, eller drömde jag det?

Scratch89
2008-12-15, 19:29
Nu undrar jag ju varför. Hämmar kalciumintag fettupptag i tarmen? Det känns konstigt.

Eddie Vedder
2008-12-15, 19:31
Kom det inte ens dansk studie för inte så länge sedan som påvisade sambandet, eller drömde jag det?

Nej du drömde inte. Ta en titt i länken.;)

N T Bendsen1, A-L Hother1, S K Jensen2, J K Lorenzen1 and A Astrup1

1Faculty of Life Sciences, Department of Human Nutrition, Centre for Advanced Food Studies, University of Copenhagen, Frederiksberg, Denmark
2Faculty of Agricultural Sciences, Department of Animal Health, Welfare and Nutrition, Research Centre Foulum, University of Aarhus, Aarhus, Denmark.

Det är antagligen just den här du tänker på eftersom den är från oktober. Jag fick den i mailen idag men all forskning jag prenumererar på är inte alltid färsk.

Eddie Vedder
2008-12-15, 19:33
Nu undrar jag ju varför. Hämmar kalciumintag fettupptag i tarmen? Det känns konstigt.

Det nämns ju redan i bakgrundstexten av abstraktet.

...due to either calcium soap formation and/or binding of bile acids (BAs) in the intestine.

Och alternativ 2 visade sig ju vara inkorrekt i den här studien.